Hi! New the the forums. Just flew for 6 days in Utah.
1844 14 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey everybody. I've been flying for more than a year. Started on DJI Phantom 3 Standard but now fly mostly with my Spark. Didn't even know these forums existed until my buddy told me last week. Anyway, just spent 6 days in Utah and flew at 8 different locations and made a quick video. I was very careful about staying out of State and National Parks but sometimes flew right near the edge and did get a lecture from an older gentleman who thought we were in a National Park until I showed him on my phone map that in fact we were NOT. Here's the video but I'd also like to ask if other drone pilots like to find the sweet spots next to restricted areas where you can still get good shots to make it LOOK like you were in the park, but not really.

2017-9-18
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am a big fan of Utah, particularly Lake Powell.  My commitment to the flight regulations will be tested the next time I visit.

I liked your video, showing the diversity of Utah.
2017-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bing err, your welcome to the forum, great job on the video.
2017-9-18
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-18 12:29
I am a big fan of Utah, particularly Lake Powell.  My commitment to the flight regulations will be tested the next time I visit.

I liked your video, showing the diversity of Utah.

Just outside of Dead Horse State Park before you get to Canyonlands is an awesome spot. Check it out if you're going there. No airports, outside of National and State Park. It's in my video labeled as Scenic Byway
2017-9-18
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-18 12:31
Bing err, your welcome to the forum, great job on the video.

Thanks. I've been practicing for a while now. My editing has gotten WAY better. What are the icons under your name, specifically the gimbals? I bought the Zhiyun - Smooth-Q 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer recently. Can I add an icon for that?
2017-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bing Err Posted at 2017-9-18 13:02
Thanks. I've been practicing for a while now. My editing has gotten WAY better. What are the icons under your name, specifically the gimbals? I bought the Zhiyun - Smooth-Q 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer recently. Can I add an icon for that?

There all dji craft I own , camera is Osmo and Osmo mobile, I'm afraid only dji products will show up in those icons.
2017-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Welcome and thanks for sharing!
Some little things I noticed that might make your video even better:
There was a lot of random movements in your footage.  Like when the gimbal just went up a bit etc.
Don't do that while recording. Stop, recompose and start recording.
Second the motion was rather fast. You can slow the sensitivity of the gimbal and the controls in the app.  
Personally, I like slow movement better.
Looking forward to seeing more work!
2017-9-18
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was just in a lot of the same areas last week.  I took my spark and my mavic.  Looking at relocating to somewhere in the four corners.  Nice job.
2017-9-18
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-18 13:20
Welcome and thanks for sharing!
Some little things I noticed that might make your video even better:
There was a lot of random movements in your footage.  Like when the gimbal just went up a bit etc.

Thanks for the tips. I do need to adjust my gimbal. When I edit I always end up speeding up all my footage so I can fit more in. But my flights need to be smoother to do this so it doesn't look jerky. Also, I had three people waiting for me to fly everywhere I went and ended up RUSHING a lot of my flights. I could see that while editing. I just need to slow down and never rush a good shot. Thanks for the tips. I need to start making a checklist/reminder to review before every flight.
2017-9-18
Use props
dojoman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64865 ft
United States

Can you fly inside Monument Valley? Gorgeous place for a drone footage.
2017-9-18
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

dojoman Posted at 2017-9-18 14:15
Can you fly inside Monument Valley? Gorgeous place for a drone footage.

I thought they were in a National Park but now that I'm looking at Google Maps I'm not sure. I will have to do some research into that before we go to 4-Corners. We are already planning our trip back because we didn't get a change to climb Angels Landing.
2017-9-18
Use props
dojoman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64865 ft
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2017-9-18 14:24
I thought they were in a National Park but now that I'm looking at Google Maps I'm not sure. I will have to do some research into that before we go to 4-Corners. We are already planning our trip back because we didn't get a change to climb Angels Landing.

I don't believe it's national park since it falls under Indian reservation. I know for filming movies you need permission from tribes for permit.
2017-9-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

welcome to the forum

Great video and the scenery is outstanding.  As pointed out, slow your images down and avoid quick moves while flying.  

Look forward to your next one.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Welcome to the forum, nice video,  thank you for sharing! Hope you can enjoy the DJI drones, looking forward wonderful pictures and videos from you!
2017-9-20
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules