Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Changing battery
1008 10 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allyssongemelli
Captain
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

Hi, I have a doubt. When the battery is low, and you land the drone. Do I have to wait a little to cool down the battery before changing for another? I don't know if the batteries can get a high temperature that we have to wait a few moments.
2017-9-18
Use props
mtnlandpix
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Yes, if the battery is warm you must let it cool before charging.  I take them out of the drone so they will cool more quickly.
2017-9-18
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Brazil

So it has no problem if I take it out immediately from drone?
2017-9-18
Use props
Tmygun
First Officer
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

allyssongemelli Posted at 2017-9-18 18:46
So it has no problem if I take it out immediately from drone?

Not sure I understand.  
You can take it OUT of the drone immediately BUT you need to wait till it cools down to ambient temperature before you charge it again.
2017-9-18
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Captain
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Tmygun Posted at 2017-9-18 19:50
Not sure I understand.  
You can take it OUT of the drone immediately BUT you need to wait till it cools down to ambient temperature before you charge it again.

I think he is trying to ask if it is ok to put another battery in as soon as you land.....The answer to that question is yes you can.....if its a hot day and the phantom feels rather warm after landing I usually let it cool for a few minutes but otherwise should not be a problem.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend to cool down the drone if you have several flights in the hot days.
2017-9-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

You can take it out of the drone immediately upon landing (after switching OFF, of course) but then leave it to cool to ambient before storing away or recharging.
2017-9-18
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.4

United States

I change out three batteries in a row virtually every time I fly with nothing more than a minute or so to allow the DJI app to refresh and have never gotten a notification of "overheating" or any such warnings.  "safe" operating temperature for these battreies and the Phantom go as far as 110 detrees ferenheit.  And keep in mind, as you fly, you are cooling your drone within the air temperature passing around it, with the exception if you might be flying in say over 90 degrees.
2017-9-18
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Brazil

Ok thanks guys. Yesterday Í received a temperatura warning. But now Í cant remember what was saying.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

If you are in a hot area, it's a good idea to consider a morning or evening flight as well instead of flying in mid day.
2017-9-19
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Brazil

I was flying at 3 pm, but still was really hot.
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules