Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Uppgrading "new" old inspire 1 RC (problem) .
1308 10 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JensH
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi.

I just bought a "new" old inspire 1 . with 2 RC units.
It has never been used (never even tested) and it have an old firmware in it.
So I started to try to uppgrade it, and I directly ecounted proroblems.

I started with the RC unit.
The firmware in it is 1.2.1.0 and I tryied to uppgrade it with 5 diffrent USB sticks and also a a micro SD card .
I have tested all of the difrent formats (FAT, FAT32 and exFAT) when I format the stick.
I tried to use the latest FW Inspire 1 Firmware v01.11.01.50 (X3) 2017-07-10.
But it will not start to uppgrade when I power up the RC unit.
I even tried to uppgrade to a newer but old FW (Inspire 1 Firmware v1.3.0.00 2015-08-04) and the didnt work ether.

Then I did a TEST to try to connect the RC with the old FW to DJI GO App (latest version) and it didnt connect.
So I tried like over 50 times an sudenly I got a connection. Yes I tried 3 diffrent apple usb cabels with 3 diffrent IOS devices  and I got the same result.
Then I repeted the test with the same result.
So all in all ... It will connect 1 in a 100 . whats the problem?

What do I need to do to get the RC unit to uppgrade.

regards
Jens
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If the firmware of RC is lower than V1.3.0, please update to V1.3.0 with USB flash drive or SD card firstly and then update to the latest version via APP.
Please download v1.3.0 here: V1.3.0.png
2017-9-18
Use props
JensH
lvl.1

Sweden

Ok. I will try that
What filsystem is the right one USB stick or the micro SD?  FAT, FAT32 or exFAT... dose it matter for the RC?
And is there any  compability list for what USB or SD card to use ?

Regards
Jens

2017-9-18
Use props
Highasakite
First Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

JensH, You must first update the aircraft with the r/c turned off. Then the r/c is updated through the go app. Safety First! Ken.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JensH Posted at 2017-9-18 23:43
Ok. I will try that
What filsystem is the right one USB stick or the micro SD?  FAT, FAT32 or exFAT... dose it matter for the RC?
And is there any  compability list for what USB or SD card to use ?

Please use the original SD card and format it before downloading.
If the SD card is formatted on the computer, the SD card that is less than or equal to 32GB should only be formatted in to the FAT32 file system. The recommended cluster size is 32KB. The SD card that is larger than 32GB should only be formatted in to the exFAT file system. The recommended cluster size is 128KB.
Please keep us updated if there is further question.
2017-9-19
Use props
JensH
lvl.1

Sweden

Thanx  .
And I will uppdate my progress.

/Jens
2017-9-19
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Jens's Read my tips page and the entire popst  , it will cover your concerns and then some .

https://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

Major points :
I just do fast format on my PC  for the SD card and that works fine , just  make sure the BIN file is the ONLY  data on the SD card or thumb drive or it wont work !!!
What version of FW is on the RC's   and AC ??  You may need to load one update to the RC and AC ( version 1.2.1  06 ) if you are on the VERY ORIGINAL  ( 1.2.01 .03 ) FW.  take a look a the link below and if you are on the very original FWirmware you will need to load the second update  then get to version 1.3.
You may need to load 1.2.1.06. BEFORE  you can load version 1.3.  Once you get 1.3 loaded the rest is simple .  You will load the /ac with the latest version of FW and then you will update the RC via the go app using and internet wi fi sgnal .

*** If you still have communication between the AC and the RC you can format the SD card on the Aircraft . ( place the SD card in the Slot  on the Camera first obviously )  On the main go app to the far right center you will see a camera section , tap on the top of that and a tool Icon will come up , towards the bottom of the page is the otption "format SD card "  this is an option for formatting  that you know will be compatible.   If you no longer  have communication between the RC and AC just do a fast format on the PC, that will suffice.  Like  I say Mac's dont always load the SD card with only the /bin file  and dont  always format correctly , if you can get a PC , use  that . ( Not  all MAC users have trouble  just need to know what  you are doing regarding setting fromat  , a PC  just does it for You )

http://www.panorobot.com/dji/inspire_firmwares.htm

Use a PC whenever possible , get both of the RC's updated to version 1.3 then you can update them via the Go app and wi fi connection .

THE AIRCRAFT IS ALWAYS OFF WHEN UPDATING THE RC TRANMITTER AND THE RC TRANSMITTER IS ALWAYS OFF WHEN UPDATING THE AIRCRAFT.  leaving them both on or trying to update them at the same time will get you in the sh-it in a hurry .
Remeber the FW for the AC and the RC will be different version after FW version 1.3.  So you are NOT loading the AC firmware to the RC and Vice versa, many members get confused on this .  

ALWAYS UPDATE THE AC FIRST , if on less than version 1.3 you will need to keep in order then once at 1.3 you can jump to the latest version  1.11.  Once again Update the AC first !!

Now the RC will need to be updated to version 1.3, ( using a thumb drive )  once again in order , Once you get to 1.3 you will update via the Goapp and  wi fi siganl  to the go app device .  Be sure to get to the latest app as it may give you an older one first , you cna load that then get to version  1.7.8 and you will be up to date with the Ac then .

You may need to relink the AC to the RC after you get both updated ( or actually all three since you have the Ac the RC and a slave RC.

Keep in mind the slave RC must be on the same version of FW that the Master is on.  You will choose one of them to be  the Slave ( under remote control settings on the go app ) Then you will link the slave to the other RC .....NOT TO THE AIRCRAFT , that is only for the master.  ( master RC links to the AC only )

I cover the above in my tips page , but this gives you a taste of what I have  written .
Watch videos below also .  This is for when you get to version 1.3  on the RC 's and how you will do all updates in the future or until further notice .

Do yourself a service and read my tips page all the way through then watch the videos in the link in post 31 below  , then proceed with updating .  Trust  me , You dont want to screw up and get in the Sh-it .  
It is not that hard once you know the basics and a whole lot of fun .

https://forum.dji.com/thread-104455-1-1.html
donnie

2017-9-19
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Highasakite Posted at 2017-9-19 01:12
JensH, You must first update the aircraft with the r/c turned off. Then the r/c is updated through the go app. Safety First!  Ken.

Not if he is at version 1.2 on the Rc ....He will need to update via a thumb drive to get to version 1.3 THEN he will use the go app and a wi fi connection .

Just a friendly  update on the old way , till ya get to version 1.3

donnie
2017-9-19
Use props
Highasakite
First Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Thanks Donnie! You are the man! Safety First!  Ken.
2017-9-20
Use props
JensH
lvl.1

Sweden

Thanx for all help.
But in the end I just sent it away to a company who will fix everything.
So back to  work some extra hours and pay them instead to do it.

It was the best way to go this time , didnt have the energy and time to fix it this time.
2017-9-20
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

JensH Posted at 2017-9-20 05:06
Thanx for all help.
But in the end I just sent it away to a company who will fix everything.
So back to  work some extra hours and pay them instead to do it.

Another one of my " Novels "  ( post #7 ) gone to waste .......LOL
Be sure to read my tips page for future updating , etc.

Best of Luck

donnie

2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules