Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video jumping up and down.
1152 8 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lgmack
lvl.1
Ireland

I am a newbie first timer. I purchased a phantom 3 SE because after reading many, many reports on how good the video and photos were.
Well am very disappointed so far. I have been trying for days now to correct my problem so am hoping somebody can point me in the right direction.
PROBLEM:
               When video filming during a flight (using way points or manual) the picture will jump up and then back down. The picture is there all the time but it is as if it has something to do with the horizon, the horizon seems to jump slightly higher and then immediately correct itself and go back to its original position. This happens intermittently with gaps of perfect video in between. Gaps can be anything from 10 second to 2 or more minute intervals.
Please help if u can. I am NOT a young man and not all that techenical so please be patient
Many thanks
Mack
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Does the issue appear in every flight? Please upload the issue video, I'd like to look into it.
2017-9-20
Use props
lgmack
lvl.1
Ireland

It appears in every flight using way points (Litchi and DJIpro)  It is much improved (less frequent) when flying manually in FPV mode but still there.
The attached video is a different flight but showing you more of the same.
Please try and help I am desperate

2017-10-1
Use props
lgmack
lvl.1
Ireland

I have deleted the apps and reinstalled them but makes no difference  
2017-10-1
Use props
lgmack
lvl.1
Ireland

Have posted new video PLEASE CHECK AND LET ME KNOW Thanks
2017-10-2
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Yikes, that looks horrible!  The whole gimbal is going nuts it would seem.  

I'm assuming you don't have any aftermarket crap installed on your drone.. no guards, filters, etc.  (If so, take them off.)  Examine the gimbal for anything that would interfere with movement, or anything that seems out of place.  (I don't have a 3 series so I cannot be of more help there.)

Does this only happen when you are out flying, or can you leave it sitting on a table indoors and get the same result?  It's rather strange how it seemed perfectly fine during takeoff and climbout.  It was only when you moved the gimbal downwards after the left turn at altitude that things started going crazy.  Is that always how it is?  Everything's fine until your first gimbal movement?  (Try a flight without moving the gimbal at all.)  Or does it seem like it only does this in the wind at altitude regardless of whether you even touch the gimbal tilt control?  Any unusual noises from the gimbal when you turn on the aircraft in a quiet place and move the gimbal around?

Any errors logged when you fly with the DJI Go app?  I'm assuming you have already done a gimbal calibration (if the P3SE offers that) in DJI Go.
2017-10-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Definitely do a gimbal calibration.
2017-10-2
Use props
lgmack
lvl.1
Ireland

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-10-2 03:34
Definitely do a gimbal calibration.

Sorry I have done that no difference, Thanks
2017-10-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

lgmack Posted at 2017-10-2 06:54
Sorry I have done that no difference, Thanks

I believe I would send it back to DJI repair.  Is it still under warranty?
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules