IMU Question
640 8 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom4pro-pil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228517 ft
United Kingdom

Can someone tell me this is a good IMU screen or a bad one. Are the bars supposed to be long or short for good IMU calibration. My P4Pro keeps saying IMU needs calibrating pretty much every flight. If I turn it off and then back on again it then clears. I recalibrated the IMU 3 times so far. The last time I followed some advice from Youtube which says do it cold as if not the IMU needs to warm up to the previously calibrated temp. I hope it works this time but just want to check if these bars are OK.

imu.jpg
2017-9-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That is good..
2017-9-19
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The less green the better
2017-9-19
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

That is pretty good actually
2017-9-19
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

That about as close as you can get to perfect!
2017-9-19
Use props
P4Pro-Pilot
lvl.1
United Kingdom

OK, good to know thanks. I'd seen a few examples where the bars were longer and thought it might be mine where bad. Hopefully it won't keep asked me to re-calibrate it if it's so good.
P.
PS changed my name in settings to a shorter one but still me.
2017-9-19
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231014 ft
South Africa

That is what it is supposed to look like, the shorter and green means good.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It looks good. Does the reminder disappear after a certain time? What's the current firmware? Please confirm.
2017-9-20
Use props
P4Pro-Pilot
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It's a brand new unit - only had it a couple of weeks. Firmware is upgraded to latest version. Sometimes the IMU warning disappears but other times it just sits there forever. So far I've just switched the drone off and back on again and it's gone through testing fine. I've not had time to test it since the last IMU calibration shown above but hope to get out over the weekend. This time I was ultra careful that the surface was perfectly level and I did it as soon as the drone was powered up so it wasn't warm. Hopefully it will now just power up without the IMU calibration warning every time.
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules