2659 11 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245013 ft
Denmark

Hi everyone,

I love hiking into the wilderness and with my new drone it can only become much more fun.

But - as there are no power outlets in the forrests - how can I recharge the batteries ?

I have not looked much into it, but wanna ask you "experienced" people what you do when you venture into a forrest area or hills ?

* Solar charging ?
* Huge powerbanks ?

And is it actually possible to charge the battery via USB power ?

Thanks in advance ;-)

2017-9-19
Use props
scorpionro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 211355 ft
United States

You could use something like the RAVPower 20100mAh Built-in AC Outlet Power (you can find it on Amazon in the UK). It provides you with a normal AC socket, USB-C and USB-A sockets. There should be more similar options around.
It is possible to charge the battery via USB, but only in the Spark as far as I know, which would mean that you are grounding it for quite a while.
2017-9-19
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

There are 3 ways, which i know, how to charg the Spark batteries on the go.
1. Charge the battery inside the Spark with a Powerbank (Look for a QC3.0 compatible one, it's much faster)
2. Charge the batteries with a AC Powerbank in the hub or one by one. (I would buy more batteries instead of a AC powerbank)
3. Charge the battery outside the spark via a (USB-)Powersource with this Adapter:
https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopter-parts/pp_692751.html?

For me is the best option to get as much as batteries as possible and charge them over night in the "civilisation" or in the car via a converter.
2017-9-19
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I started with a 12V/17Ah car jumpstarter and a cheap 150W 12->220V inverter.
But the jumpstarter is heavy, so I bought a ravpower 27000 mAh/220V AC  power bank from the German reseller.
I have seen people on the Internet using it with success.
I had issues with mine and had to modify the temperature control to make the fans start earlier.
But it gives me 5 extra flights.
2017-9-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

get a powerbank, maybe 20000mAh or bigger and you'll be able to charge your spark 3-4 times no problem. I have one and it works great for Spark, iPhone ... etc
2017-9-19
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191726 ft
Germany

Get some solarpanels (I have Anker 14W). I charge my powerbank with those, and then use the powerbank to charge the drone. But it takes forever....
2017-9-19
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

i have a Samsung EB-PN915BSE POWER BANK 11.300MmAh .It can charge a battery from empty to foul in 1 hour it gives me almost 2 charges....
2017-9-19
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191726 ft
Germany

I wonder why mine takes so long...
2017-9-19
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

I have used a power bank to recharge through the USB plug on the spark, and when at the beach with my car, I have used a 400w inverter to run the AC charging hub.  I had planned to take the inverter with me to france earlier this year but forgot it, however charging from the power bank worked just fine since I was only flying one or two batteries in each location i flew in.  
2017-9-19
Use props
JMX46
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101220 ft
Canada

PowerBanks (have several including favorite Anker 20,000) seem like an inefficient (ie slow) way to charge in the field (5v - 2Amps) - we need to come up with a better way to do this....
2017-9-19
Use props
SparkPete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83852 ft
Germany

Are you doing multi day hikes without access to a power outlet or single day hikes?

For single day just get a couple more Spark batteries. For the price of a fast charging powerbank that is able to charge 3 batteries you can buy 3 additional batteries. No delays with charging in the field.

For multiday trips where you have at least access to your car, use an inverter and use the DJI Charging Hub.

Otherwise you may try the solar chargers but you have to be very patient.
2017-9-19
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The struggle is real
IMG_2277.JPG
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced