Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Black camera feed
2986 9 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kakokaan
lvl.1
Turkey

Hello,

i got my new mavic pro fly more combo this week, messed around in the flight simulator with no problem.
then i tought i'd take it out for a spin, everything seems to be working except most of the time i get a black camera feed on my iphone 5s.
sometimes the camera feed works and i can take pictures but after sometime the feed turns black and i can't take pictures or record footage.
tried it with a samsung S6 and got the weird colors on screen (look below)
I've searched online and here is what i have tried?

- changed the phone /RC connector cable with an apple phone usb cord unplugged the old cord.
- deleted & installed the DJI go app
- fully updated to the latest firmware
- switched on the phones flight mode

is this happening because iphone 5s and samsung s6 have insufficient CPU?
gonna try it with iphone 6 / 6s and 7 ?

any other suggestions otherwise im going to have to send it to service straight out of the box.
talk about disappointment (

2017-9-19
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I assume both the controller and the AC have been updated via the DJI Assistant 2 app.
2017-9-19
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I assume both the controller and the AC have been updated via the DJI Assistant 2 app. Turn off all Bluetooth including smart watches

So RC works to control the RC but no picture  ?

Try turning off video caching in the DJI Go4 app and just let the SD Card on the AC record the video

2017-9-19
Use props
kakokaan
lvl.1
Turkey

lannes Posted at 2017-9-19 04:26
I assume both the controller and the AC have been updated via the DJI Assistant 2 app. Turn off all Bluetooth including smart watches

So RC works to control the RC but no picture  ?

i updated the AC and the RC through DJI go 4 app , RC works and the mavic flies just fine the camera stream however isn't i used airplane mode and bluetooth was off, i also tried shutting down the caching feature, sometimes i get images and can take photos but screen goes black after a while
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Feel your pain. Just to verify, is there an error message on the upper right? What is that? Please check the version info first, power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about. The latest version for the drone is v01.04.0000 and v4.1.10 for the app. If you had changed the cable, could you please provide me a short video which shows the firmware info, connection with both side and bottom port for this case? I'd like to check more. Thank you.
2017-9-19
Use props
kakokaan
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-19 04:50
Feel your pain. Just to verify, is there an error message on the upper right? What is that? Please check the version info first, power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about. The latest version for the drone is v01.04.0000 and v4.1.10 for the app. If you had changed the cable, could you please provide me a short video which shows the firmware info, connection with both side and bottom port for this case? I'd like to check more. Thank you.

hi,

i've checked exactly as you said and seems like I've got the latest firmware on both RC, AC and the app.check the pictures first i got the weird color pixels then the dark screen i get the same results on iphone 5s and samsung s6
no error messages on the top corner. feels like a defective unit straight out of the box to me
image1.PNG
image2.PNG
image3.PNG
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

kakokaan Posted at 2017-9-19 13:38
hi,

i've checked exactly as you said and seems like I've got the latest firmware on both RC, AC and the app.check the pictures first i got the weird color pixels then the dark screen i get the same results on iphone 5s and samsung s6

Please try to reset the camera settings. For the picture of image 2, please try to shot a photo and then check your SD card to see if it is the same case. If it is, you need to send the drone in.   重设相机参数.jpg
2017-9-19
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I just noticed your in manual mode on the camera exposure with the settings of iso 100 and a shutter speed of 1/8000 th of a second , you are getting in any light into the camera, you might as well be putting your hand over the lens. That is why when you set the shutter speed at 1/4000 th of second you have a partial image
Indoors is more like ISO 800 and 1/25th a second, your exposure settings are way off.

Change your exposure setting to automatic
2017-9-20
Use props
kakokaan
lvl.1
Turkey

lannes Posted at 2017-9-20 04:31
I just noticed your in manual mode on the camera exposure with the settings of iso 100 and a shutter speed of 1/8000 th of a second , you are getting in any light into the camera, you might as well be putting your hand over the lens. That is why when you set the shutter speed at 1/4000 th of second you have a partial image
Indoors is more like ISO 800 and 1/25th a second, your exposure settings are way off.

thank you guys for the tips but none of them worked i am sending this drone in and gonna request a new one....
2017-9-20
Use props
djiuser_RXQKoGqmOxhz
lvl.1
United States

kakokaan Posted at 2017-9-20 13:25
thank you guys for the tips but none of them worked  i am sending this drone in and gonna request a new one....

I am also having this issue.  Got the Mavic 2 Pro less than a month ago, now im getting error message 200 and have black camera feed.  The Gimbal will not run through its initial diagnostic when I power up the drone.  I have the latest firmware.  Seems odd that mine is already crapping out on me, especially since I have taken great care of it and always put the camera protector on the camera during any type of transport and have never bumped it on anything.... Anyone know what I can do?
2019-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules