Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PCFO In The UK
3198 7 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bluebaxi
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Greeetings ;0)

Hello Guys I'm new to Mavic & Drones and was wondering if anyone from the UK has done the PCFO (Permission For Commercial Operations).

If so who did you use and what was the cost. Seen a few courses ranging from £1k upwards to £1.5k.

Any help and recommendations appreciated.

Cheers,
Bluebaxi
2017-9-19
Use props
Bluebaxi
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dave-r Posted at 2017-9-19 05:43
thats f$$$$ing robbery

Sure is but to fly commercially in the UK you need it
2017-9-19
Use props
Peter Galbavy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

... and soon, looking at the results of the rigged consultation. it is likely that in a couple of years you will need to spend the same to fly anything over 250g.
2017-9-19
Use props
Brum Ken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

Yes I agree a lot of dolla to do course I looked into it but a little rich for my pocket
2017-9-19
Use props
Drone-Mike
First Officer

United Kingdom

I'd 100% recommend these guys: https://www.heliguy.com/caa-training-full-course-pfaw-p3873

A guy on this forum told me about them and I decided to try them out as they have decent reviews.

Really knowledgeable and thorough. I think they offer a couple of locations but I did mine in Farnborough at the Elvetham Hotel which was incredible. I'd love to go back and shoot there!

2017-9-20
Use props
Des_B
Second Officer
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

I recently took my theory exam and passed with Aerial Motion Pictures at Wallingford, their PFCO courses are called ICARUS (plenty of info on the web).

Their price is pretty reasonable when you look at the cost  some of the other training organisations charge.

Course is very good in nice surroundings, I would recommend them.

Flight test tomorrow weather permitting, if good, then around 4 weeks for CAA to process the permission, and then off to work!
2017-9-28
Use props
feethea
Flight distance : 387940 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was booked up to do my course with RUSTA until personal circumstances affected my financial future and I couldn't justify the total cost of completing the PfCO course. That said they did come highly recommended by several forum members on "Inspire 1 Pilots".

Remember, in addition to the initial course fee of £1300 plus a £50 insurance fee before you can take the practical flight assessment, you have to factor in the initial CAA registration fee, the cost of your public liability insurance (which you need to have in place before your formal application to the CAA, and the annual renewal fees for the CAA and your insurance.

Depending on your craft and the level of liability insurance you select, you initial cost could be in excess of £2K with annual renewal fees circa £1K.
2017-10-9
Use props
Wizzokartworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i think if you only have a mavic does it sound worth the cost? i would say not we went to the drone show when they first did it and was told it was about £1500 that's alot of pictures to get your money back
2017-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules