Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mobile device CPU full
1304 17 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shed
lvl.1

Australia

My drone was returning home when a warning message came up which said :
"Mobile device CPU fully loaded, performance will be affected"
My phantom then lost complete control and spiralled to the ground from about 10 metres, it literally fell out of the sky, the motors were still going.
Does anyone know what this means and how to avoid it.
Thanks
Dean
2017-9-19
Use props
Drshiwas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 892339 ft
Spain

I had this problem once with message about CPU, but no flight problems. I even try to disconnect the phone and Drone still controllable.
2017-9-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

What kind of device do you have?  Sounds like your storage is completely full and you need to delete some things.
2017-9-19
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

This is a message about of % useage of the CPU power and the processing of the datas come from the copters WIFI or lightbridge will be too slow .
First if it´s a cellular phone the swith it into airplane mode,then close all apps you don´t need to control the cam and receive live feed and telemetric data.
If you´re lazy then use an appterminator. The go app is very power hungry.
2017-9-19
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 176936 ft
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-19 06:27
This is a message about of % useage of the CPU power and the processing of the datas come from the copters WIFI or lightbridge will be too slow .
First if it´s a cellular phone the swith it into airplane mode,then close all apps you don´t need to control the cam and receive live feed and telemetric data.
If you´re lazy then use an appterminator. The go app is very power hungry.

I keep checking the forum for an authentic reply and fix from DJI.    It is very difficult to search this forum for specific and quick info.  I have a P3P and since the last update, of course, I've been getting this error message and it has affected video and performance.   Don't want to hear all the crap about closing apps and going into airplane mode.   The fact is, the bird and controller worked fine until this last universal update for the P3P and DJIgo app.  Now it doesn't.  Have tried multiple devices and get the same error.  Would be nice to just allow a rollback to the old firmware and app when things worked.   I have over $1,000 invested in my P3P and I'm very irate about this.    If anyone has an actual work around or fix, not an excuse that I need to upgrade my pad, phone, etc... It would be greatly appreciated!   I have not tried my new iPad Pro with it yet so if I do and it works, maybe someone can recommend a good neck harness for the 10" IPad as it won't fit on any controller and be practical.
2017-9-19
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

What is your best device after the IPad pro you have? I personally use a MPMAN MPQC96i with my P3S -Intel atom 4x1.3 GHz 1.5 GB RAM OS=Lollypop 5.1.1
2017-9-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

frankencopter Posted at 2017-9-19 10:18
I keep checking the forum for an authentic reply and fix from DJI.    It is very difficult to search this forum for specific and quick info.  I have a P3P and since the last update, of course, I've been getting this error message and it has affected video and performance.   Don't want to hear all the crap about closing apps and going into airplane mode.   The fact is, the bird and controller worked fine until this last universal update for the P3P and DJIgo app.  Now it doesn't.  Have tried multiple devices and get the same error.  Would be nice to just allow a rollback to the old firmware and app when things worked.   I have over $1,000 invested in my P3P and I'm very irate about this.    If anyone has an actual work around or fix, not an excuse that I need to upgrade my pad, phone, etc... It would be greatly appreciated!   I have not tried my new iPad Pro with it yet so if I do and it works, maybe someone can recommend a good neck harness for the 10" IPad as it won't fit on any controller and be practical.

Good points, unfortunately no one has answers.  Not even DJI.
2017-9-19
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.3
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-19 10:37
What is your best device after the IPad pro you have? I personally use a MPMAN MPQC96i with my P3S -Intel atom 4x1.3 GHz 1.5 GB RAM OS=Lollypop 5.1.1

I stopped using Android devices after multiple program crashes.  Almost lost my P3P over the Gulf of Mexico when flying down in Naples, FL.  Right at the point of no line of site and it was easy to confuse my bird with the seagulls out there.  Suddenly the DJI Go app crashed.   I initiated the return to home and had a heart pounding 5 minutes until it finally appeared and I guided it home.   At that point I started using an IPhone 6 + and never had a software crash until this retarded universal update.  Been having issues ever since!
Tell me more about the device you are using.  Are you experiencing the CPU Load message?
2017-9-19
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

If lost signal it automotically returns to home?
2017-9-19
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

That copter does what you tell it. If you set "return to home" then it flies to the home point and lands. Or after other setting it does it hover  or land on place it lost the signal.
The best example are my kid´s phones. They ´ve running more than 4 apps in the same time and then they ´re yelling to the phone "you ´re too slow"
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The reminder is a new feature of APP and it will pop up when the CPU of the mobile fully loaded. Please prevent the mobile device from direct sunlight  with a sunshade or a monitor hood when the mobile device is used in summer. It will be helpful.
2017-9-19
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-19 23:47
The reminder is a new feature of APP and it will pop up when the CPU of the mobile fully loaded. Please prevent the mobile device from direct sunlight  with a sunshade or a monitor hood when the mobile device is used in summer. It will be helpful.

So just to revisit the past on this.  Turns out Apple has throttled down the CPU’s on devices with older batteries to conserve power.  I am very suspicious that this may have been the problem all along.   It would explain why some iOS users were not experiencing the issues with CPU overload.  If they had batteries that still had high capacities, the apple software would not throttle down their device.
2018-1-8
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

frankencopter Posted at 2018-1-8 12:17
So just to revisit the past on this.  Turns out Apple has throttled down the CPU’s on devices with older batteries to conserve power.  I am very suspicious that this may have been the problem all along.   It would explain why some iOS users were not experiencing the issues with CPU overload.  If they had batteries that still had high capacities, the apple software would not throttle down their device.

True and not true by conjecture.

Actually,  this is part of the iOS power management scheme. Call it a safety net if you prefer. Device age is not a consideration here. It only does this if your battery can't handle the power demand and still perform the device's intended function: to make and receive voice calls and messages. This Low Power Mode can be turned off in settings but this will not prevent your device from crashing apps when it's operating voltage falls below a safe level.. If the battery is good or has been  replaced, this 'throttling' normally would not occur. If you need a new battery in your iOS device, Apple will replace it for $29.  
2018-1-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would also be worse during the colder months too
Thats good re Apple and battery replacement!!
2018-1-8
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Hopefully Apple will incorporate battery condition reporting that will provide home screen notifications when the device is expected to throttle clocks or turn off certain features.
2018-1-9
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I'm trying to understand if the Mobile device being overloaded could be the cause of the crash ?

I am wondering if the two are connected for some other reason or just coincidence ?

If tablet fails to command via controller ... it should default to controller ... i would not expect tablet to then issue bogus commands.

Interesting but sad ...

Nigel
2018-1-9
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

frankencopter Posted at 2017-9-19 10:18
I keep checking the forum for an authentic reply and fix from DJI.    It is very difficult to search this forum for specific and quick info.  I have a P3P and since the last update, of course, I've been getting this error message and it has affected video and performance.   Don't want to hear all the crap about closing apps and going into airplane mode.   The fact is, the bird and controller worked fine until this last universal update for the P3P and DJIgo app.  Now it doesn't.  Have tried multiple devices and get the same error.  Would be nice to just allow a rollback to the old firmware and app when things worked.   I have over $1,000 invested in my P3P and I'm very irate about this.    If anyone has an actual work around or fix, not an excuse that I need to upgrade my pad, phone, etc... It would be greatly appreciated!   I have not tried my new iPad Pro with it yet so if I do and it works, maybe someone can recommend a good neck harness for the 10" IPad as it won't fit on any controller and be practical.

Interesting ... but I think shies away from possible solutions that you can initiate.

There are many out there like myself who do not suffer these warnings or errors. We use latest FW / Go / Litchi or whatever. I would even go to say that there are vastly more successful than those with problems.
Quite often the same people pop up again and again with repeat problems, they change tablet / phone ... same problem. They get new P3 ... same problem.

As regards Airplane mode - that is a fact it will help reduce CPU and overall load on the tablet / phone.

I have sympathy with your situation - but feel you may be fighting any chance of action on your part to find solution. You may think you have tried all - but I am confident you have not. Can't say why I think that - but maybe its demand for DJI / others to solve it for you ?

I agree that Go and FW's are not 100% .. blimey - look at Apple ... Microsoft ... BMW ... Chevrolet ... Every item in the world in fact is not 100% .. they all have flaws of one or another. If you want to see real BS in action ... go check out Soloshot 3 camera system ! HTC mobile phones .... the list is long.

For anyone suffering Mobile CPU full warnings ... I can only say that swapping out to a less budget item might be the answer. I had lag .. poor display ... general poor performance from a reasonable Cavion Tablet. I bit the bullet and got a Nexus 7 Vers 2 ... ALL problems went away .. it has been excellent. Money well spent. No cries to DJI .. no kerfuffle ... just straight replaced the Cavion and very happy.

I have a high rated Presidio phone I can use ... but that even though a high spec unit does exhibit poor performance on my P3P ... back to my trusty Nexus.

I am sorry if you do not like my post in reply to yours, no offense intended - just being honest.

Nigel
2018-1-9
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I don't understand either why if your mobile device gets over-taxed, or even crashed, how it would effect your aircraft or actually cause a crash. I feel for you also, and don't have any suggestions, but I truly don't
see how you can blame the crash on your mobile device. You say it was ok until the last update. Was your update fully successful? You may not know for sure, but I wonder if something went wrong while updating the RC? It seems very odd that your aircraft would just start spinning and crash land with the motors still running. Best of luck trying to figure it out. I don't know if you will ever really know for sure.
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules