Gimbal clicking and not lining camera up right
688 2 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmikester10
New
United States

So I was flying the Phantom 3 Standard last week and it wasn't hovering at all, just  veering off.  It veered off and it hit my car.  Not hard but it stopped  the propellers from spinning.  Now whenever I try and fly it, the gimbal  is constantly clicking, the camera is always at an angle, and i keep  getting "gimbal motor overload" error showing on my phone.  I have done a  lot of searching on Google.  I did a gimbal calibration twice, I did an  IMU calibration twice, and I even removed the 5 tiny screws and the  back plate off the camera and looked at that rod with the flat side.  I  verified the rod flat side was already lined up with the camera, so that  was not the issue.

What really worries me is that this drone is not mine, it is my boss's  he lent to me to learn how to fly and teach him.  So I want to get this  fixed ASAP.  I am willing to buy a new gimbal if that is what is needed.   I just want to get this fixed.  I would appreciate any help or advice.
Thanks!
Mike                                                
2017-9-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

In a jam, aren't ya? I can sympathize. Could be one of many things. Is camera still working good? Check grub screw at top of yaw arm first. make sure it's tight and on the flat shaft.  Second, loosen cover on yaw motor and check that the shaft is sitting level.  Tell your boss you're gonna test a while longer lol.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to read this. Please consider to send it in for fully diagnosis and repair: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules