new battery and prop
1640 16 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Algan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116302 ft
Turkey

can i use the new platinium propellers and the intel. battery to my normal mavic pro?
2017-9-19
Use props
Algan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116302 ft
Turkey

ok i got it. i can use. but another question then: if i use plat. props to my mavic, will i get a noise reduction?
2017-9-19
Use props
Jellybean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578543 ft
United Kingdom

Yes you will but not as much.
2017-9-19
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

You can read it here:

http://store.dji.com/product/mav ... ease-props-platinum
Cheers.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Algan Posted at 2017-9-19 05:00
ok i got it. i can use. but another question then: if i use plat. props to my mavic, will i get a noise reduction?

Yes. The noise will also reduce accordingly. But please note that you need to update your drone's firmware for the compatibility of the propellers.
2017-9-19
Use props
b0n3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21083 ft
Russia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-19 20:23
Yes. The noise will also reduce accordingly. But please note that you need to update your drone's firmware for the compatibility of the propellers.

Dear Thor,

Could you please explain why should I update mavic to the latest firmware? Why i can't use new props with the old firmware?
2017-9-19
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

b0n3 Posted at 2017-9-19 20:28
Dear Thor,

Could you please explain why should I update mavic to the latest firmware? Why i can't use new props with the old firmware?

Hummm....sounds like the amazing 60% noise reduction with the new props MAY BE due to the firmware....eg. DJI adjusts the firmware so that the Mavic's prop RPMs are lowered so that they are quieter.  Would be quite the scandal/false advertisement IF true.  We shall investigate since this seems VERY SKETCHY that we need to update the FW for the new props.  Sounds fishy folks.
2017-9-19
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

The Platinum props on the Pro are actually louder than the props that come with the Pro.
2017-9-19
Use props
b0n3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-9-19 20:49
Hummm....sounds like the amazing 60% noise reduction with the new props MAY BE due to the firmware....eg. DJI adjusts the firmware so that the Mavic's prop RPMs are lowered so that they are quieter.  Would be quite the scandal/false advertisement IF true.  We shall investigate since this seems VERY SKETCHY that we need to update the FW for the new props.  Sounds fishy folks.

And how Mavic will recognise whether I am using old props or new for adjusting RPM???
I think the reason is different....
2017-9-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the update added compatibility for new props.  likely will adjust itself accordingly on start up.  the control and ESC system is fairly smart and will likely calibrate at spin up stages based on resistance and balance and stuff.  

what im wondering is if the new props have any comprimises elsewhere like what is the bite (angle) and will it produce the same lift?  are the the same size? etc etc.. usually you dont want to increase the prop size, they likely are overall same length, and since the winglet tips are about 1/4 the total length, what else changed?   

2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

b0n3 Posted at 2017-9-19 20:28
Dear Thor,

Our engineers had tested the low-noise propellers to the Mavic Pro and decided firmware needs to upgrade for the steady of flight.
2017-9-20
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-20 03:32
Our engineers had tested the low-noise propellers to the Mavic Pro and decided firmware needs to upgrade for the steady of flight.

What was the outcome of that investigation? Because I updated to the latest firmware yesterday and I noticed that the noise at idle is hugely reduced
2017-9-20
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

CuaC Posted at 2017-9-20 03:34
What was the outcome of that investigation? Because I updated to the latest firmware yesterday and I noticed that the noise at idle is hugely reduced

Now that you said it, I will pay attention to verify if I could observe the same.
2017-9-20
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530758 ft
United States

CuaC Posted at 2017-9-20 03:34

It also seems that the speed and responsiveness in sport mode is reduced .
when braking and turning sharply, it appears to be less aggressive and less sound volume from propellers
2017-9-20
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530758 ft
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-9-19 20:58
The Platinum props on the Pro are actually louder than the props that come with the Pro.
Noise test with and with out props.

i don't know if that is a proper sound level test -
being indoors - the room and all surfaces should be sound dampening so that there are no possible :
harmonies - echoes - resonances - or - concentrations of sound waves

The results may be true for that particular position in that room, but will probably change in a proper testing environment .
2017-9-20
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Osee Posted at 2017-9-20 20:59
It also seems that the speed and responsiveness in sport mode is reduced .
when braking and turning sharply, it appears to be less aggressive and less sound volume from propellers

I'll try to test that, we've been having some bad weather days so I could only do a quick test in my garden with the last firm.
2017-9-20
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

One thing for sure I’ve noticed with the new firmware is that it brakes really really hard when you push the pause button.
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules