Gimbal sensor error
3997 5 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_q5IbSkm
New
Israel

Hi,
Just got my Spark back after having one of the motors replaced.
When I turn it on I get an error that says: Gimbal joint angle sensor initialization error. Restart your aircraft. If the problem persists, the gimbal may be broken.
I've restarted the drone, performed a reset, reinstalled the app and cleared the app's cache memory but the message doesn't disappear.
The gimbal works. The camera remains steady during flight and when I scroll down the aircraft status page the gimbal status says 'normal'. Is there any way to fix this without sending it back to the repair lab?
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please ensure that your drone is the latest version. If not, please update to the latest one and keep us updated. Thanks.
2017-9-19
Use props
larrymull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

I have this problem on and off, I find that if I move it to another location it works fine, The gimbal can seem stuck or it is in long grass or something is impeding it. Are you noticing any problems when flying?
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you checked the performance of the gimbal during the flight? Is it working properly? As Elektra mentioned, make sure the firmware is up to date, if it is the same, please post a screenshot of the error message and a short video about the gimbal performance.
2017-9-20
Use props
djiuser_q5IbSkm
New
Israel

As I said, the gimbal works perfectly fine. The camera remains steady in fligh with no apparent issues.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_q5IbSkm Posted at 2017-9-20 13:42
As I said, the gimbal works perfectly fine. The camera remains steady in fligh with no apparent issues.

Before rebooting your drone, please wait for a few minutes. Then you can check if the error message still exist when you restart  your drone. If it still there, please export the flight data for further check. Thanks.
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules