Flight Mode Doubt
702 10 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allyssongemelli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

I am new with my P4A, and I'm only flying with the P mode. I know that S gives more speed to fly, but I would ask if you lose some coordination with the GPS ? Or is the same that the P, safe?
2017-9-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

P is the safest and most controllable.  Get more experience before using others.
2017-9-19
Use props
allyssongemelli
lvl.4
Brazil

Thanks. I'll train more.
2017-9-19
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

P mode is safer practise makes perfect, once you get comfortable then go for it
2017-9-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Whilst it's true that S mode gives greater speed and manoeuvrability, bear in mind that braking distances are greatly increased, battery drain is likely to be more rapid, and I would think that sudden changes of speed, attitude, height and direction must put a greater strain on the airframe than the more sedate P mode.
2017-9-19
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

The only things I have noticed in S mode, is that it goes faster, batteries drain faster, and it takes more distance to stop.  
I only use S mode if I'm way up high covering a large distance.  
As for "control", you can always adjust the sensitivity of your remote control joysticks to however you feel is most comfortable to you.
Also, if you really want slow, smooth control with all obsticle detections working, "Tripod" mode is the smoothest, safest way to go.  I use Tripod mode when I'm flying between objects like trees along the path, or when I want to let my 13 year old neice fly the UAV.
2017-9-19
Use props
ATJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-9-19 08:07
Whilst it's true that S mode gives greater speed and manoeuvrability, bear in mind that braking distances are greatly increased, battery drain is likely to be more rapid, and I would think that sudden changes of speed, attitude, height and direction must put a greater strain on the airframe than the more sedate P mode.

Most important is to Note: The Obstacle Sensing System is disabled in this mode....
2017-9-19
Use props
allyssongemelli
lvl.4
Brazil

Thanks ATJ, great advice.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The Sports mode will not lose the GPS, but the VPS will not work, please take care when you switch the flight mode.
2017-9-19
Use props
zilla
lvl.2

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-19 07:27
P is the safest and most controllable.  Get more experience before using others.
I agree.
2017-9-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You can actually practice flying in the different flight modes, through the onboard flight SIM.

Give it a trial, and then "Go" for it, in the field...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules