Really Silly Question Re X5
1716 11 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Helipilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79846 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, have an inspire 1 V2 and decided to buy an X5 to replace my X3. I have no bother mounting my X3 camera as in, positioning it and turning the lock wheel but on trying this with the X5 the lock wheel seems to only go around halfway and subsequently not line up. I have had numerous attempts now but to no avail. I did buy the x5 second hand from ebay but theres not a mark on it and the mount in compairing it to my x3 looks identical. Am I doing something really stupid here as the casting of the mount doesnt look like it could be easily damaged and as I said looks ident ical to my x3. Any constructive help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

2017-9-19
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Heliguy,
2017-9-19
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Heliguy, I had a similar problem a few weeks back. Line up the red dot on the gimbal with the white dot on the mount plate. then look at the orientation of the connector on the mount plate, if it is not correct push the release button on the Starboard side and rotate the connector until matches the orientation of the gimbal connector. Now it should mate and lock correctly. Best regards
2017-9-19
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Des_B Posted at 2017-9-19 08:56
Hi Heliguy, I had a similar problem a few weeks back. Line up the red dot on the gimbal with the white dot on the mount plate. then look at the orientation of the connector on the mount plate, if it is not correct push the release button on the Starboard side and rotate the connector until matches the orientation of the gimbal connector. Now it should mate and lock correctly. Best regards

Some pictures that may make it clearer

Wrong Orientation

Correct Orientation

2017-9-19
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Maybe this will work for the pictures

wrong Orientation

wrong Orientation

Correct Orientation

Correct Orientation
2017-9-19
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Des_B Posted at 2017-9-19 09:16
Maybe this will work for the pictures

Sorry my mistake this is inspire 2 connector , not Inspire 1 V2
2017-9-19
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Helipilot,
   Take a quick look at 2:37 of this DJI tutorial video where it shows the mounting procedure for the X5 and see if it offers any insight for you.

2017-9-19
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi,

The I1 is fitted with the X5 anti vibe plate?

Mark G.
2017-9-19
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I also have done my upgrade recently. Your I1 v2 should come with X5 mounting plate. If not, then yours is definitely not I1 v2. Also the above video is good reference as to what the mounting plate looks like and how to connect your x5 to the mounting plate.
2017-9-19
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure the contact board screws are tight. There are 2 alignment holes that pins from the socket need to go into.
If screws came loose, that contact board could move a little and cause miss-alignment / binding.
2017-9-19
Use props
Helipilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79846 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks to all the advice and help, all sorted now. Having bought this on Ebay without any instructions I didn't realise that there was a locating slot at the back. In not knowing this the front locking part does appear to "fit in" ok but obviously its at a slight angle DUH!!!!! Appreciate all the help and youtube references. Thanks again.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Helipilot Posted at 2017-9-19 23:07
Thanks to all the advice and help, all sorted now. Having bought this on Ebay without any instructions I didn't realise that there was a locating slot at the back. In not knowing this the front locking part does appear to "fit in" ok but obviously its at a slight angle DUH!!!!! Appreciate all the help and youtube references. Thanks again.

Sorry for the late support, glad to hear the problem got sorted out.
Appreciate other users' assistance, if you have any further question, please keep us updated.
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules