Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No fly zones
1122 6 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N33ko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181368 ft
United States

Hi All,

Has anyone downlaoded the "No Fly Zones" in the DJI App?  I'm a 107 who is responsible and recieve proper clearnace as required.  Will downloading this NFZ update keep me from flying where I am authorized or is it not as restrictive?

2017-9-19
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I'm guessing you are asking about the periodic NFZ database updates, you should probably allow those to update your kit. Past updates have allowed me to fly where I couldn't previously because of inaccuracies in the older database.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If it is the NFZ database, I suggest updating it when there is a new release. For other unlock questions, I suggest contacting flysafe@dji.com for more info. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2017-9-19
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I even don't see the point off not updating it!
2017-9-20
Use props
djiuser_BFuT4wb3MKSD
New

Madagascar

I bought a Chinese version Mavic 3E. it does not fly in Madagascar. can anyone help me to solve my problem. Is it possible to change the restriction?
2023-4-28
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

I just updated mine and my drone now properly STOPS when reaching the NFZ which I previously thought I was way far away from near my house.

Now I check he FAA Map before anything as I was flying in a NFZ unintentionally before the update - not cool. Learned something that day.

Still have not had to upload my authorization from ALOFT to fly safe. as it has never prevented me from taking off and I do not have my 107 so I am not sure i will ever encounter having to do that. Good Luck!
2023-4-28
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The map update will prevent your drone from entering a NFZ, but it is up to you to obtain clearance to enter that zone. Before you fly, you should be checking the airspace and not relying on DJI's map to warn you, especially as NOTAMS do not show up or prevent you from flying.  

Once you have clearance, you need to visit the DJI FlySafe website and input your flight plan and approval to fly in that zone. Once DJI approve this the unlock needs to be imported into the drone. You cannot unlock a NFZ without going via DJI FlySafe.
2023-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules