Date wrong on videos and photos shows 12-31-2013
9934 38 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1697526 ft
United States

Yesterday I flew my Mavic Pro for the first time.  When I removed the micro SD card from my Mavic and put it in my computer the date showed December 31,2013.  I figured the GPS would set the date/time/location.  How do I set the proper date/time?
2017-9-19
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

The time does come from GPS.  Did you possibly start recording before it had a lock on the satellites?
2017-9-19
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-9-19 10:07
The time does come from GPS.  Did you possibly start recording before it had a lock on the satellites?

It was flying in GPS Mode.  I waited awhile before I took off.
2017-9-19
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Texas Tornado Posted at 2017-9-19 10:14
It was flying in GPS Mode.  I waited awhile before I took off.

Gotcha, so you waited a while to take off.  But the recording starts when you press record, even if you haven't taken off yet.

Actually I don't even know if the Mavic Pro uses the start or end time for the file timestamp; I haven't checked before.  But that's all I can think of.
2017-9-19
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
United States

I just took it outside again with a new battery. Turned the aircraft on for a good 5 minutes.  Then took 2 pictures with the same results.
2017-9-19
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Texas Tornado Posted at 2017-9-19 11:29
I just took it outside again with a new battery. Turned the aircraft on for a good 5 minutes.  Then took 2 pictures with the same results.

Ah wait a second, I missed in your original post where you said time/date/location.  Where are you seeing this 2013 date, are you talking about the timestamp on the actual file in the directory/folder, or are you attempting to view the time from EXIF data?  If the answer is EXIF, then does the file timestamp also say 2013?

For the two pictures you took, do the times differ by a few seconds or whatever the real delay was between them, or do they both show the exact same time?

Edit:  Eh, I guess your subject did indicate that videos were doing the same thing, so that invalidates my hypothesis.  n/m
2017-9-19
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
United States

It was the pictures on my micro SD card that showed that date/time when I inserted it on my computer.  Not sure what you mean by EXIF data.  Yes the pictures I took differ by a few seconds.  Yesterday I flew the Mavic for a good 15 minutes taking video the whole time.  I would assume long enough for the GPS to update.
2017-9-19
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
United States

Irate Retro thanks a lot for your help.  I wasn't sure where to post it but I assume it's related to the camera.
2017-9-19
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Texas Tornado Posted at 2017-9-19 12:13
It was the pictures on my micro SD card that showed that date/time when I inserted it on my computer.  Not sure what you mean by EXIF data.  Yes the pictures I took differ by a few seconds.  Yesterday I flew the Mavic for a good 15 minutes taking video the whole time.  I would assume long enough for the GPS to update.

The Mavic doesn't use its GPS to time-stamp photos -- I just took some shots while inside in ATTI mode and the time-stamp/date was fine. If I had to guess I'd say the Mavic gets its clock info from a connected smart phone. Is the date set correctly on your connected phone or tablet?

EXIF data is metadata embedded in photos and some videos that store lots of useful info like exposure values, GPS coords, altitude, date/time, file resolution, etc.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try formatting the SD card and recording and shooting again. You can also try to reset the camera settings. If the issue persists, could you please provide me a screenshot of the files name on the SD card so I can help to confirm more? Thank you.
2017-9-19
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-9-19 18:03
The Mavic doesn't use its GPS to time-stamp photos -- I just took some shots while inside in ATTI mode and the time-stamp/date was fine. If I had to guess I'd say the Mavic gets its clock info from a connected smart phone. Is the date set correctly on your connected phone or tablet?

EXIF data is metadata embedded in photos and some videos that store lots of useful info like exposure values, GPS coords, altitude, date/time, file resolution, etc.

I didn't have a smart phone connected at the time and I was flying in the ATTI mode.  That could be the problem.  Thank you for your help.  I will give that a try.
2017-9-19
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-19 19:00
Please try formatting the SD card and recording and shooting again. You can also try to reset the camera settings. If the issue persists, could you please provide me a screenshot of the files name on the SD card so I can help to confirm more? Thank you.

I did format the SD card earlier tonight but haven't been outside to fly since.  I will let you know soon.  If that doesn't work I will reset the camera.  Thank you for your help.
2017-9-19
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Texas Tornado Posted at 2017-9-19 20:56
I didn't have a smart phone connected at the time and I was flying in the ATTI mode.  That could be the problem.  Thank you for your help.  I will give that a try.

Since the Mavic doesn't have a way to manually switch to ATTI mode; why was it in ATTI mode?  I thought you said you were flying outside, and seemed to imply that you thought you had a GPS lock.  Sounds like you had no GPS for some reason?

As for Ex Machina's info that the Mavic does not use the GPS date and requires a smartphone just for the timestamp, I'm not exactly going to disagree (because I do not know for sure), but I find that very hard to swallow.  Particularly because the Mavic doesn't even require a smartphone to fly.  I often fly with the Goggles and no phone.  Range is limited only if you're running the newer firmware.  I haven't seen any timestamp issues on my end, but I'm quite sure that the Mavic can keep internal time via CR2032 or similar so that doesn't prove anything of course.

OP saying he was in ATTI mode the whole time seems like a major clue to me.  With no GPS _and_ no smartphone, the Mavic couldn't possibly know what time it is.  How was the aircraft activated though, if nothing was ever connected?
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Texas Tornado Posted at 2017-9-19 21:00
I did format the SD card earlier tonight but haven't been outside to fly since.  I will let you know soon.  If that doesn't work I will reset the camera.  Thank you for your help.

Looking forward to your feedback.
2017-9-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-9-20 00:21
Since the Mavic doesn't have a way to manually switch to ATTI mode; why was it in ATTI mode?  I thought you said you were flying outside, and seemed to imply that you thought you had a GPS lock.  Sounds like you had no GPS for some reason?

As for Ex Machina's info that the Mavic does not use the GPS date and requires a smartphone just for the timestamp, I'm not exactly going to disagree (because I do not know for sure), but I find that very hard to swallow.  Particularly because the Mavic doesn't even require a smartphone to fly.  I often fly with the Goggles and no phone.  Range is limited only if you're running the newer firmware.  I haven't seen any timestamp issues on my end, but I'm quite sure that the Mavic can keep internal time via CR2032 or similar so that doesn't prove anything of course.

Yeah, the Mavic probably has an internal clock, I just suspect it time-syncs when connected to a smart device. I guess it could also time-sync when receiving GPS data as well, though.
2017-9-20
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-9-20 00:21

Irate Retro, I was using just the controller with no smart phone attached.  Probably the GPS was working on the drone at the time.
2017-9-20
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-20 03:34
Looking forward to your feedback.

DJI Thor, I guess that did the trick by formatting the SD card.  Either that or today I was flying with my iPod attached running DJI Go 4.  Thanks for the help.
2017-9-20
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-9-20 04:57
Yeah, the Mavic probably has an internal clock, I just suspect it time-syncs when connected to a smart device. I guess it could also time-sync when receiving GPS data as well, though.

Ex Machina, thank you for your help too.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Texas Tornado Posted at 2017-9-20 19:00
DJI Thor, I guess that did the trick by formatting the SD card.  Either that or today I was flying with my iPod attached running DJI Go 4.  Thanks for the help.

Great! It's my pleasure to offer a help. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI_camera
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

HI Texas Tornado,

In our Mavic Pro, the system time will be set by the device in which the DJI  GO will run. So if you don't connect the DJI GO device to the remote control, the system time will be wrong. So you will see the create time & modify time of different pictures or videos are different. Now for your issue, I want to check the root cause, So could you reproduce this issue now? If yes, please send the operation steps to us. At the same time, please compress the wrong time file in the SD card and send the tar files to us. We will try to find the root cause of it. Thanks for your support of our product.
2017-9-27
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-21 03:49
Great! It's my pleasure to offer a help. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.

DJI Thor, now my date is correct but my time is off.  Could it be using Grenich time?  It's off by about 6 hours.
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Texas Tornado Posted at 2017-10-10 12:54
DJI Thor, now my date is correct but my time is off.  Could it be using Grenich time?  It's off by about 6 hours.

If you had connected the app when recording or taking photos, the time mainly uses your mobile device's time and date. Please try to reset the camera settings. If the issue persists, please check if the mobile device you are using is correct. If all is correct, please check help to confirm if all the files or parts of the files are displaying the incorrect time. Let me know which is your case. Thank you.
2017-10-11
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
United States

DJI_camera Posted at 2017-9-27 17:18
HI Texas Tornado,

In our Mavic Pro, the system time will be set by the device in which the DJI  GO will run. So if you don't connect the DJI GO device to the remote control, the system time will be wrong. So you will see the create time & modify time of different pictures or videos are different. Now for your issue, I want to check the root cause, So could you reproduce this issue now? If yes, please send the operation steps to us. At the same time, please compress the wrong time file in the SD card and send the tar files to us. We will try to find the root cause of it. Thanks for your support of our product.

I'm not sure how to compress the wrong time in the the SD card and send the TAR files.  Could you please walk me through it.  I'm still getting the correct date but wrong time when I remove the micro SD card from the Mavic Pro and insert the SD card into my Apple MacBook Pro.
2017-10-21
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
United States

DJI_camera Posted at 2017-9-27 17:18
HI Texas Tornado,

Before I reset my camera the date was correct but the time was approximately 5 hours earlier.  After I reset the camera everything was correct time and date.
2017-10-27
Use props
Graham Coates
New

Canada

A bit late according to the last time this post was ...posted to...
I had the same problem today.

I took my Mavic Pro out to fly last week with the intent of doing a long term tripod mode up a hiking trail.
I got it all set up, and realized that I'd left my entire pack of SD Cards back at home.  Additionally, since I was heavily under a thick canopy of trees, and between two LARGE mountains, my phone couldn't gain any form of GPS signal.  Nonetheless, I tried to record the flight up the trail by Atti Mode.  (launched the mavic by holding the two sticks down left and down right).  Worked okay, except that I could only go 50 meters at a time.  The drone would stop and have to land for a moment, then take off and start again like a puppy who's tired of a leash and stops to lie down for a moment.
Long story over...  I had this EXACT problem appear after I'd "recorded" into the cache on my phone.  I simply was walking behind the drone as it flew up the trail while my phone was caching the video.
I imported the video onto my MB Pro and found that the dates were all wrong.  If I recall they were like Dec 31 2013. ...so the dates on the cached files when you hit the record button on the controller are recorded incorrectly.  
I then put the SD Card into my drone a few days after, and now it's showing that the recordings are happening on the correct date.

Hope this hints towards a bug fix.  People probably don't fly all that often without an SD Card with the intent of recording.
-Graham
2018-8-7
Use props
Szepy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 726266 ft
Hungary

Graham Coates Posted at 2018-8-7 14:03
A bit late according to the last time this post was ...posted to...
I had the same problem today.

I'm a new user and just realized the same. Everything cached onto the phone synced to Onedrive later. Yesterday just wanted to have a look at sth and have not found it on Onedrive. After a while I've realized it's in the "opposite end" of the folder that was sorted by "date created". The cached files are uploaded as taken on 1961.12.31. Videos and pictures too. Files on the SD card are correctly dated.
Camera reset was done.
2018-8-15
Use props
Szepy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 726266 ft
Hungary

Szepy Posted at 2018-8-15 12:19
I'm a new user and just realized the same. Everything cached onto the phone synced to Onedrive later. Yesterday just wanted to have a look at sth and have not found it on Onedrive. After a while I've realized it's in the "opposite end" of the folder that was sorted by "date created". The cached files are uploaded as taken on 1961.12.31. Videos and pictures too. Files on the SD card are correctly dated.
Camera reset was done.

After some investigation I've realized that the issue is based on the "Date taken" attribute. OneDrive uses it to sort the files based on date. Pictures and videos coming from MP haven't got this attribute at all. It's missing. From cached versions and SD card versions too.
2018-8-15
Use props
Paqcom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235154 ft
United States

Just got a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 a couple of weeks ago and was out using it on a couple jobs today.  The timestamp on the photo files appears to be Hong Kong time (12 hours behind, I'm in the Eastern Time Zone). I can't find any settings for time zones in the bird.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
2018-8-23
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3

Paqcom Posted at 2018-8-23 21:43
Just got a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 a couple of weeks ago and was out using it on a couple jobs today.  The timestamp on the photo files appears to be Hong Kong time (12 hours behind, I'm in the Eastern Time Zone). I can't find any settings for time zones in the bird.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

It’s probably under the camera settings.  I formatted my memory card and reset the camera then everything was fine.
2018-9-1
Use props
Sigma Octantis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6024 ft
Australia

Wow! I just checked mine from today AND

JPG and DNG files are correct date BUT...

MP4 files are 9.5 Hours in the future! So I've got jpg's taken today and mp4's taken tomorrow

2018-9-2
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
United States

Sigma Octantis Posted at 2018-9-2 01:42
Wow! I just checked mine from today AND

JPG and DNG files are correct date BUT...

wow.  Have you tried formatting your SD card and resetting your camera?
2018-9-22
Use props
SubZr0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25564 ft
Netherlands

I have the same problem, it started when i got my goggles. So if the Mavic gets its time from the connected device, in this case the goggles, is there a way to set date and time on the goggles? my date stamp is always Jan first 2014. time 00.00 and starts counting from that.
2019-1-21
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
United States

SubZr0 Posted at 1-21 05:42
I have the same problem, it started when i got my goggles. So if the Mavic gets its time from the connected device, in this case the goggles, is there a way to set date and time on the goggles? my date stamp is always Jan first 2014. time 00.00 and starts counting from that.

I reset the camera on my Mavic Pro and reformatted my SD card and that took care of my date/time problem.  If you’re using an SD card in the goggles, you might try formatting that too.  I have a pair of DJI goggles but don’t use them often because I don’t have a spotter.  I will have to use them and see if the problem returns.  You might try posting your own post on the board.  Please let me know if what I told you fixed your problem.  Good luck.
2019-1-22
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
United States

SubZr0 Posted at 1-21 05:42
I have the same problem, it started when i got my goggles. So if the Mavic gets its time from the connected device, in this case the goggles, is there a way to set date and time on the goggles? my date stamp is always Jan first 2014. time 00.00 and starts counting from that.

I reset the camera on my Mavic Pro and reformatted my SD card and that took care of my date/time problem.  If you’re using an SD card in the goggles, you might try formatting that too.  I have a pair of DJI goggles but don’t use them often because I don’t have a spotter.  I will have to use them and see if the problem returns.  You might try posting your own post on the board.  Please let me know if what I told you fixed your problem.  Good luck.
2019-1-22
Use props
SubZr0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25564 ft
Netherlands

Texas Tornado Posted at 1-22 15:16
I reset the camera on my Mavic Pro and reformatted my SD card and that took care of my date/time problem.  If you’re using an SD card in the goggles, you might try formatting that too.  I have a pair of DJI goggles but don’t use them often because I don’t have a spotter.  I will have to use them and see if the problem returns.  You might try posting your own post on the board.  Please let me know if what I told you fixed your problem.  Good luck.

Hi Texas Tornado, I will try that and let you know.
2019-1-29
Use props
Jonny Lakewood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484760 ft
United States

Hi, for those finding post, here is the link to another post with similar issues with the Mavic 2:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-183553-1-1.html
2019-3-18
Use props
Jordan146
New

France

Same here on a DJI Mavic 2 Pro and it has nothing to do with SD card, type of Phone or Phone time settings (I used multiple SD card from different brands and 3 different iPhones all set to the timezone of the country I was in). I travelled in 3 different countries with different timezone and the timestamp is always correct on the photos but never on the videos. First, when I moved from France to New Zealand, the timestamp of videos was ahead of 12h (the timezone difference between the 2 countries). Then, we changed hour in New Zealand and the timestamp of videos offset by 11h (the new timezone difference between the 2 countries). I then moved to Samoa and the timestamp of videos was ahead by only one hour now (the timezone difference between New Zealand and Samoa).

It's been a recurrent issue noticed by many DJI drone users that doesn't seem to be solve by DJI. I hope my comment will help you solve this problem as it seems to be a complex one depending on the previous country you visited, the new you are in and the timezone difference between them. However, I still don't understand how the software can timestamp photos correctly but not the videos?!
2020-10-31
Use props
John Francis8
New

United States

Uncertain about the GPS date ... But the GPS DATE, and exact(?)time, would be a great way to name files ...

Not so on my Holy Stone HS550 ... My files date was about a month off on my first flight ... Then slowly evolved into using the correct date(after 5 or so flights in a 2 week period) ... BOY WAS I HAPPY, when the date finally agreed ... But not for long ...    Soon, I realized that if I made two flights(changing battery), my daily files would be all jumbled together ... First  part of each file the exact same, but the latter part of flight one, became interlaced with files from flight two ... A REAL MESS ...

EVIDENTLY, my files are being recorded with a date and an ELAPSED TIME ... And if the first picture Of the first flight was taken at 10 second intervals ie... 10, 20, 30, 40 .... BUT if on the second flight was taken at  5, 15, 25, 35, 45 ... Then the files would be ... Flight 2/5 second, then flight 1/10 seconds ... F1/15sec ...F2/20sec ......
ALL INTERLACED by elapsed tim
2022-1-21
Use props
John Francis8
New

United States

In any case, this seems like a gawdawful way of recording data ... ESPECIALLY, since using GPS date and time, would place every photo exacting in proper order ... 5 flights on the same day should not result in 5 sets of files, in the same folder, with the same date(correct or not), and jumbled all together by the time of 5 flights' elapsed time down to 1/1000 of a second ...
FLIGHTS 1-5 should be specifically designated BEFORE recording elapsed time.

AS IT IS, I will be buying 3-4 mini SD cards and mark them 1-4, and change the cards when I send up a new flight ... Still, when I have multiple flights on the same job, I will have to MANUALLY "adjust", all my files ... A LOT OF WORK ...
PROGRAMMERS ... do is all a favor DO NOT USE ELAPSED TIME ... USE REAL LOCAL TIME or used GPS time ...
2022-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules