o(^-^)o
JignersP34K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92195 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I recntly bought a new battery for my Phantom 3 4k with SN 6171173100761

My problem:

Everytime I use this battery, the drone automatically sets to a beginner mode like the height and distance
When i check on the app setting the beginner mode is NOT turned on, but the drone is limitted flying in beginner mode

There is no problem When i use the first battery which came with the drone wheni first bought it.
Everytime i use it i can fly as far as the RC and AC signal can get me.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please restart the aircraft and APP when you switch the battery to see whether the limitation remains.
2017-9-19
Use props
JignersP34K
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-19 19:15
Please restart the aircraft and APP when you switch the battery to see whether the limitation remains.

Ok, i'll try and do it today weather permitting. Thanks.
2017-9-20
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Has that battery the latest firm ware yet? If not,do you have the latest firm ware on the SD card in the cam of copter? May be that battery needs an upgrade to that FW.
2017-9-20
Use props
JignersP34K
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-20 06:08
Has that battery the latest firm ware yet? If not,do you have the latest firm ware on the SD card in the cam of copter? May be that battery needs an upgrade to that FW.

when i was flying few days ago, after using up the 1st battery - the one that came with the drone - I flew again using the second battery, the one i recently bought, then it first happened, the flight limitations.
when i got home and tried figuring it out there was a battery firmware update so i did that. but when i brought the drone out to fly again the flight distance and altitude limitations was still there. When i popped in the SD Card on my PC the firmware thingy was there.

1. how do i find out that a battery has the latest firmware?
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

JignersP34K Posted at 2017-9-20 08:05
when i was flying few days ago, after using up the 1st battery - the one that came with the drone - I flew again using the second battery, the one i recently bought, then it first happened, the flight limitations.
when i got home and tried figuring it out there was a battery firmware update so i did that. but when i brought the drone out to fly again the flight distance and altitude limitations was still there. When i popped in the SD Card on my PC the firmware thingy was there.

The app does advise when there is an update. Also, check the About section on the App to see if that helps.
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules