Ongoing Issues With DJI Support
838 8 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4214ff7f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42802 ft
Australia

After reading many similar posts I can see I'm not alone in my experiences. What I hope however is that someone in the community can provide me the support I'm looking for, as despite numerous attempts to get a straight answer, I'm unable to get one from DJI.

I will try to keep the backstory as simple as possible.

Nearly a month ago, I took my Spark to the local park for a quick flight. The flight itself lasted only 2 mins, 50 seconds of which I had control over the drone. My Spark started to drift rapidly and gained a speed of 20.2 m/s (72.72 km/hr) without me touching the control besides trying to press the emergency stop (pause button). I started to lose sight of the drone so selected the RTH (set to a return height of 30m). However almost immediately after the drone crashed into the top of a tree about 14 metres high. Luckily after some high winds I was able to retrieve my drone and despite some damaged props which I replaced, the craft looked completely fine. I put in a large container of rice however for 3 days before starting it up.

When I tried to start it up however, I received two errors.
downward vision sensor (error 400003)
downward infrared sensor error (400003)
Despite numerous restarts as advised by the app, the errors would not be cleared. I retried this over a space of several days without success. With some research I found that this can typically be fixed via calibration in Assistant, however this is not yet available for the Spark. I contacted support via webchat and advised them of the errors. After a frustrating conversation they eventually told me to send the Spark in for repair at a local service centre. That was 2 days ago. I've received a postal slip but no comms from the provider as promised and no instructions on what I am to send/exclude in the package.

As I've been unable to fly for a while, I decided to have a play on the simulator through DJI Assistant. I removed the props, and used it for a while, before replacing the props and restarting the Spark whilst connected to DJI Go. Amazingly, for whatever reason, the errors have cleared.

I have countless email exchanges and two separate webchat sessions about the entire saga since it started and I am unable to get a clear answer. I now have two separate cases open with DJI (one for the potential flyaway) and the other for the potential repair.

My questions now are:
- If the errors have cleared, is it safe to fly? Given the last flight that resulted in a crash I'm reluctant to fly it until the issue is resolved. The flight record is still undergoing analysis.
- Do I still need to send the Spark for repair? If so, what am I supposed to send?

I love my Spark and the engineering is incredible. I am however increasingly frustrated with the fact that I can't get a straight answer from DJI. I'm hoping that someone has had a similar experience and can give me some guidance on what to do.

I have all flight records etc available to post if needed.

Cheers.

2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please enter the link http://www.dji.com/support and start a case. Did you broke your RC? Please send back your spark. If the battery was not safe for delivery, please shoot pictures instead. Any question, please inform us.  
2017-9-19
Use props
Dextad
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-19 20:09
Please enter the link http://www.dji.com/support and start a case. Did you broke your RC? Please send back your spark. If the battery was not safe for delivery, please shoot pictures instead. Any question, please inform us.

Hi Electra, as posted in the original thread, I have two cases already open. Despite having these cases however, I can't get a clear answer to my questions
2017-9-19
Use props
Dextad
lvl.1
Australia

Dextad Posted at 2017-9-19 20:13
Hi Electra, as posted in the original thread, I have two cases already open. Despite having these cases however, I can't get a clear answer to my questions

My controller and battery are fine
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Dextad Posted at 2017-9-19 20:15
My controller and battery are fine

You can send your spark without battery, please provide your case number, so I can check the status. Thanks.
2017-9-19
Use props
Dextad
lvl.1
Australia

Case number for crashed flight - CAS-941195-Q9H6Z3
Case for potential return - CAS-1006578-N7X8P9

Thanks. Side note, I just managed to start the drone and despite having 13 or more satellites and it being in GPS mode, after auto takeoff it immediately drifted and crashed. Luckily it was a short distance so there's no damage. What is weirder is that I could only get it to launch in GPS mode using the mobile connection. I could only launch in ATTI mode using the controller. When I review the flight log it says there was a weak GPS connection (in my mobile only flight, yet no errors were displayed on the screen).

Nevertheless, something is clearly wrong and needs to be fixed, despite no errors now appearing.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Dextad Posted at 2017-9-20 00:00
Case number for crashed flight - CAS-941195-Q9H6Z3
Case for potential return - CAS-1006578-N7X8P9

Dextad, thanks for the updated. We would not recommend you continue to fly your spark. Your compass went wrong and it is under warranty . Please send your drone back for check. Thanks.
2017-9-20
Use props
Dextad
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-20 01:13
Dextad, thanks for the updated. We would not recommend you continue to fly your spark. Your compass went wrong and it is under warranty . Please send your drone back for check. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply and confirmation that it was a compass issue. I've posted it off for repair this morning. I really appreciate your help.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Dextad Posted at 2017-9-20 18:10
Thanks for your reply and confirmation that it was a compass issue. I've posted it off for repair this morning. I really appreciate your help.

You are welcome. If you have any question, please feel free to ask for help. Thanks.
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules