Do you think that DJI or someother companies gonna do Black Friday?
2176 27 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robofish1
New

United States

I really hope that they have major discounts on either Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I've been thinking for a long time about buying a Phantom but i haven't been making enough money to actually buy one.
2017-9-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There are refurbished units that are drastically price reduced.
Also some pilots put their flight kits up for sale, when they are upgrading to a newer model.
You might find something that you could already afford to buy.
For a very first drone, I would be looking at something much cheaper, to practice flying, before I jumped up, to the higher level of a Phantom.

Yes there are great sales, that can make an expensive purchase less costly...

RedHotPoker

2017-9-19
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Why wouldn't they...they are in the biz to make money and sell their wares...
However, RHP is correct, don't expect to see much in the way of discounts, from DJI anyway, for their flagship models.  You'll see some deals here and there, but the greatest deals will be on the stuff they are getting rid of.
Good Luck to You, either way you should find something you can buy and RHP is correct, you should start low if you are just starting out, trust me on that one.
2017-9-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-19 20:44
However, RHP is correct, don't expect to see much in the way of discounts, from DJI anyway, for their flagship models.  You'll see some deals here and there, but the greatest deals will be on the stuff they are getting rid of.
Good Luck to You, either way you should find something you can buy and RHP is correct, you should start low if you are just starting out, trust me on that one.

The joy of buying a smaller, less expensive drone: if you crash it, much cheaper to fix or replace.

Plus, you actually learn how to fly, not just be controlling direction of flight. ;-)

Most drones will not hover, when you let go of the sticks...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-19
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-19 20:54
The joy of buying a smaller, less expensive drone: if you crash it, much cheaper to fix or replace.

Plus, you actually learn how to fly, not just be controlling direction of flight. ;-)

YUP all true...if you go big be ready to pay the price
2017-9-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-19 20:57
YUP all true...if you go big be ready to pay the price

I happen to love big, so I'm building/assembling an Align TRex 700E DFC HV helicopter.

You must love an RC model, that could theoretically carry my Nikon D800. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-9-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

The other option, would be to request a DJI drone from Santa.... Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-19 20:44

And with 'low' you mean Spark, P3SE?
Or even MP?
2017-9-19
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-19 22:10
And with 'low' you mean Spark, P3SE?
Or even MP?

Basically, more of what can you afford if something goes wrong, your fault, their fault, no body's fault you can afford the recovery cost or absorb the hit.  For the new folk it's gonna happen, it did to me.  So, don't go any bigger than you can afford to loose...don't bet on it wont happen to you.  You might be good or lucky but it's the possibility you must be prepared to suffer through.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We are not sure as we have not get the notification for now. Please keep an eye of our official store, we will release it as soon as there is any news. Appreciate your attention.
2017-9-24
Use props
Ssmerry
New

Germany

Waiting for DJI Black Friday...;)
2017-9-24
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-19 20:39
There are refurbished units that are drastically price reduced.
Also some pilots put their flight kits up for sale, when they are upgrading to a newer model.
You might find something that you could already afford to buy.

Well, RedHotPoker stole my thunder and said basically all I wanted to say. Yes, consider buying refurbished or second hand.

One area I will differ RHP on is buying cheaper drones for practice. The problem is, many cheaper drones may actually be harder to fly than Phantom.

My P3S was my first ever drone. It really is a great learner's platform. It has auto land and take off and return to home. It's a pretty idiot-proof system all around. I've logged some serious flight hours on mine without serious incident.
2017-9-24
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

I don't consider 15-20% off for a refurb "drastically price reduced".  I call that a small discount for a drone that's been wrecked a few times and repaired.
2017-9-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

@DroneSmeg, by learning to fly small drones teaches you how to actually fly.

With Phantoms, they float around like helium balloons.  Not much of real flying skills are involved.
Auto hover, when you let go of the sticks. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-9-24
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-19 21:08
The other option, would be to request a DJI drone from Santa.... Ha

I tried that ploy, and to my surprise it worked. RHP, you are mocking something greater than reality {:4_154:}
2017-9-25
Use props
tclearinghouse
New
United States

I purchased my Phantom 3 Std on black friday last year at Walmart for $379. It is great for someone like me who is just starting out.
2017-9-25
Use props
DustMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 973373 ft
United States

My buddy got his last year on Black Friday, awesome deal

Walmart that is
2017-9-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-9-25 06:05
I tried that ploy, and to my surprise it worked. RHP, you are mocking something greater than reality {:4_154:}

I am confused by your statement. I was mocking nothing. Just voicing the obvious.

Get a drone for Christmas, and learn to fly it, before spring. ;-)

Also, I think any drone that cost this much, should have a proper flight SIM.
Something with a little more realism.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-9-24 22:17
I don't consider 15-20% off for a refurb "drastically price reduced".  I call that a small discount for a drone that's been wrecked a few times and repaired.

Then you are the appropriate customer to pay full price, for a new drone. A refurbished unit would not be suitable for you. The small savings wouldn't be of any usefulness for your purchase.
Besides, you would be happier with a brand spanking new drone, fresh out of the wrapper.

What, are you going to do?

Good luck, and happy hunting. ;-$

RedHotPoker
2017-9-25
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-25 15:58
Then you are the appropriate customer to pay full price, for a new drone. A refurbished unit would not be suitable for you. The small savings wouldn't be of any usefulness for your purchase.
Besides, you would be happier with a brand spanking new drone, fresh out of the wrapper.

Nah, actually I'm not an appropriate customer to pay more money for a new one.  I'm happy with a "used" one; not even refurbished.

I'm just saying that to call 15% a "substantial discount" is laughable.  That's all.  But I'll take whatever small savings I can get.  Just don't act like you're doing me a big favor while you're kicking me in the ***s.
2017-9-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Personally, I would never kick you while you're down!! ;-)

There is a drone and price point for everybody.  Haha

Helicopters are far more challenging, and I'm going to practice that aspect of RC flying much more.

Been slowly putting together my Align TRex 700E DFC HV, yes, & with all black gears. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-9-25
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

If your interested in learning to fly prior to getting your DJI this is a great flyer it has Alt hold auto take off and land,  its very stable in the air and small enough to fly indoors easily
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There is also this one that runs on an app much like DJI and has a fairly decent camera also very stable Alt hold, auto take off and land
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have both and have taught my 3.5 year old grandson how to fly drones with them he now fly's my DJI outdoors under my watchful eye of course and he does very well with it.
2017-9-25
Use props
Citi Flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 379413 ft
United States

I personally prefer to buy new versus used but could never seem to pull the trigger on a drone then a friend getting a divorce sold me his p3 pro for $400 only flown 2 times .I wouldn't think twice after owning one .lol
2017-9-26
Use props
Zsolti
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1882113 ft
Romania

I bought my Phantom last year on Black Friday with 100 euros discount. Hope you catch a discount too
2017-9-27
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-9-25 18:02
If your interested in learning to fly prior to getting your DJI this is a great flyer it has Alt hold auto take off and land,  its very stable in the air and small enough to fly indoors easily
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WGVP9FG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Am I the only one that burst out laughing after reading this?  If you want to "learn how to fly", you're supposed to buy a drone with alt hold??  Haha!  And you can't even be bothered to take off and land?  Give me a break.  I don't think it's the 3.5 year old grandson that needs to learn how to fly.
2017-9-27
Use props
Palladous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102185 ft
United States

DJI did do Black Friday last year - at least for the P3S.  That's where I got mine (allegedly new!) direct from the website. Haven't upgraded the firmware either and it has flown perfectly every time. Well, except for that one time I tried to fly in the house.  That ended with broken props but no other damage.  No fault of the P3S!
2017-9-27
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-9-27 09:28
Am I the only one that burst out laughing after reading this?  If you want to "learn how to fly", you're supposed to buy a drone with alt hold??  Haha!  And you can't even be bothered to take off and land?  Give me a break.  I don't think it's the 3.5 year old grandson that needs to learn how to fly.

well ACE I bought them both for my wife and grandson to get used to controls used in quad flight. I learned on a quad with no bells and whistles when quads first hit the market. I have 35 years of RC flight exp.  planes, FP and CP  helicopters and I own enough planes, helicopters and drones to open a hobby store. I own 2 DJI drones. learning to fly a quad isn't easy for some folks with ZERO RC exp. my wife and grandson were not  s@#T out with a controller in they're hands like you apparently were. The hardest thing for new fliers with quads and helicopters is maintaining alt while maneuvering through all the other  controls, my wife was unable to do it and after several 100$ in crashed drones without alt hold, she is now flying a quad indoors even the ones without alt hold all due to ALT hold drone practice and learning. so next time you wanna be an aZZhole consider what your saying first. Not everyone is as gifted as you think you are. further both drones are similar in flight to the DJI the OP wants to get so spending $20 to see if you can even fly it is better then loosing $400-1200+ on a crashed drone especially when the OP stated he's having trouble getting funds together without a good sale. many folks who want to fly DJI drones have that problem. At no point did I say you have to auto take off or land, just that it has those features like the DJI drones. one thing for sure I know in all the years of posting on forums is there is always at least one azzhat in the bunch now I know who you are.
2017-9-27
Use props
mavicmaverick12
New

United States

We all know that most companies do us over on Black Friday and Cyber Monday with so called 'discounts' when in reality you can get a product at the same or cheaper price during the year. Last year there were a few good DJI Black Friday deals  on the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 though.

The best place to check for Black Friday discounts on DJI drones is the DJI website or Amazon. Good luck finding a good deal!

2017-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules