Inspire 2 Unknown Crash During Landing
519 1 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4609d0ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1776588 ft
United States

After an uneventful flight, my iPad app crashed and refused to load the drone info. I used the return to home button on my remote for the first time and it was pretty inspirational how well it worked, despite it climbing higher than my previously set return home altitude in the app. Once oriented over the landing location, I started descending. My Inspire 2 began spinning out of control and tumbled toward the ground during landing. It happened almost immediately after the landing gear were lowered. Thankfully there were some trees nearby that minimized the damage. Spent an hour scaling the hillside looking for the crash.
I've searched the forum and there appears to be a couple of cases similar to this. Anyone out there know what could have caused this?  I spent some time looking at the technical logs, but don't see anything out of the ordinary. Is there a column or sensor I should pay attention to? Definitely can spot the spin/freefall in the log because the wind sensor goes from the average 2-8mph to 60mph nearly instantly until the impact.

I had previously disabled quick spin out of fear. Sending back to DJI this week.

IMG_8528.jpg

Mostly ok

Mostly ok
IMG_8526.jpg

2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about the accident, please send in the drone at your most convenience and our data analysis team will try their best to find out the reason.
There are many factors that may cause the accident, it must be analyzed case by case.
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules