2788 8 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
famorim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1595574 ft
Brazil

Hi Folks,

I am going to Chicago in couple days, so I am thinking to bring my Mavic with me. I've heard Chicago is a little complicated place for drones due lot of restricted area. Does anybody here available to give me some clue about the best places to have some aerial photos ?

Thanks
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

You can check the nofly zone through our website. Here is the link: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly. Any question, please feel free to talk to us.
2017-9-20
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

I've launched from right by the Adler Planetarium without issue.   Excellent view and far enough away from the skyscrapers to cause any issues.
2017-9-20
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

The park at South Michigan Ave and East Roosevelt Rd is another good place to fly. I have flown my small Dobby there with no problem so a Spark or even a Mavic should be OK as long you are not trying anything funky.
Edit: I would have flown my Sparky there if I have it at that time, but still Dobby is a nice little drone.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2017-9-20 12:25
The park at South Michigan Ave, and East Roosevelt Rd is another good place to fly. I have flown my small Dobby there with no problem so a Spark or even a Mavic should be OK as long you are not trying anything funky.

Size may play a part in this. The Dobby is not a large drone. Small drones tend to be less imposing.
2017-9-20
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

CynicalZombie Posted at 2017-9-20 08:41
I've launched from right by the Adler Planetarium without issue.   Excellent view and far enough away from the skyscrapers to cause any issues.

Ive always gotten NFZ warnings there because its so close to Soldier Field.
2017-9-21
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

Sangarone Posted at 2017-9-21 02:19
Ive always gotten NFZ warnings there because its so close to Soldier Field.

As I understand it, the NFZ would only occur 2 hours before and after a game.  I made sure to not go on game day.
2017-9-21
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-20 13:38
Size may play a part in this. The Dobby is not a large drone. Small drones tend to be less imposing.

A small drone is the keyword here, less imposing and more discrete, especially in Chicago.
Edit: What!? Second Officer already? Do I get a raise with that? No? Sigh.
2017-9-21
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

CynicalZombie Posted at 2017-9-21 05:56
As I understand it, the NFZ would only occur 2 hours before and after a game.  I made sure to not go on game day.

DJI nfz's are tricky... I was there last in the middle of april, with no events and I got the warning... Similarly, recently I was flying by a buddys apartment near the united center, when once I got close (completely closed stadium, mid day, no events) my mavic just hovered and wouldnt let me fly any closer...

At this point, Im so sick of the nuances of the mavic I just dont care anymore, Ive given up trying to deal with all these glitches.
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules