Autopilor or Litchi app to go further
1082 8 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
catala
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Hello! i would like to know if anyone had tried to go further the distance you are getting with your controller by planning a route with either Autopilot or Litchi app and see if it's working. I'm in europe so I'm only getting around 300m distance due to limitations and maybe some interferences, my question is if anyone had tried to use this apps and plan a route to go for example 700m and come back, in my case it will be disconected from my controller but i would like to know if it will be safe and if it will proceed with the route designed. Taking into account all the route planification will be stored in the drone( i don't know if this is the apps case and how the API works with the drone ) Thanks!!
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Catala, I would recommend you use our app to fly the drone since it has flight data. Please be careful when you use the third party app. Thanks for support.
2017-9-19
Use props
JMX46
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101220 ft
Canada

AutoPilot needs to be in "constant communication" with your Spark as it uses a custom flight controller - so you it will not extend your distance - the Spark SDK will currently not allow waypoints to be uploaded to it.  (If anything it is more sensitive to the radio link than even DJI GO - I've had to force close AutoPilot and launch GO to get it back a few times) - but when the radio link is good its a great app and the only one for flying waypoint missions right now on the Spark. Not sure about Litchi but I've heard of more issues with it too than GO - I need to test it. (Litchi does have HomeLock and CourseLock which GO presently does not)
2017-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don’t think litchi has waypoint missions yet.
2017-9-20
Use props
JMX46
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-20 03:36
I don’t think litchi has waypoint missions yet.

Correct - only AutoPilot for Spark currently has waypoints (they use a custom flight controller to do this)
2017-9-20
Use props
fansc0aba31a
New
United States

Hi

Is it safe to use Autopilot with the spark for Waypoints using only the Iphone?   I have not bought the remote yet...but I don´t know if it's safe to try to create a mission with waypoints using only the app.
2017-9-20
Use props
JMX46
lvl.3
Canada

I think AutoPilot needs the remote and even if they don't mention that in their requirements, I would not recommend trying it without the remote.
2017-9-20
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-19 23:44
Catala, I would recommend you use our app to fly the drone since it has flight data. Please be careful when you use the third party app. Thanks for support.

If you don't allow people to use the drone to its fullest - and the existence and capabilities of Autopilot/Litchi are evidence that you don't - then people will resort to using the 3rd party software that utilizes their $500-1000 drone to the fullest.

I think instead of making recommendations on what not to, you should take that into consideration. That's the way of the world, and if you don't provide the full capabilities - people will use somebody else's.
2017-9-23
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

The modded DJI GO 4 app that you can build from deejayeye-modder github stuff (easy) do enable DJI GO4 waypoint mode. I tested it and it works, so this is built in Spark firmware.
Only bad part is this is a modded app, and DJI GO4 waypoitn support is quite poor, you have to fly the mission manually once, and then you can "replay" it automatically. There is no way to prepare offline.

As far as I understands it, this is only DJI decision to "hide" this mode from the regular app, and also to disable its support for Spark in the SDK that allows Litchi or third party developpers to build custom Apps.

I would really love that DJI change their mind on this feature...
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules