Remote not recognized after v01.04.0000 update - Please help!
2331 11 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lambie
lvl.2

Austria

Hi,

Yesterday, I tried to update from v01.03.8000 to v01.04.0000 through the Go 4 app (Android v4.1.9). Unfortunately the update stopped at 99%, so I wanted to try again. But since then both my phone and PC (Windows 10, Assistent 2 v1.1.6) do not recognize my remote anymore: DJI Go 4 on my phone says 'disconnected' (both side- and bottom-USB) while the PC says 'USB device unrecognized' (side-USB, tried several cables). The connection between the RC and MP seems fine (although the remote keeps switching from GPS to ATTI mode), and connecting the MP directly to the PC also works fine (Assistent even shows firmware v01.04.0000). So does any of you might have an idea how I can get my remote controller connected to phone and/or PC???

Regards, Lambie
2017-9-20
Use props
Lambie
lvl.2

Austria

Update: I reinstalled Assistent 2 v1.1.6 with the 'Disable driver signature enforcement' and now the 'USB device unrecognized' error is gone as soon as I connect my RC to my PC. However, DJI Assistent 2 still doesn't recognize anything...
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Lambie Posted at 2017-9-20 01:34
Update: I reinstalled Assistent 2 v1.1.6 with the 'Disable driver signature enforcement' and now the 'USB device unrecognized' error is gone as soon as I connect my RC to my PC. However, DJI Assistent 2 still doesn't recognize anything...

Lambie,please try to link your AC with computer and see if the Assistant 2 can recognize your AC. Did you try to change a cable or mobile device to connect your RC?
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Connect the RC to your PC when the RC is off, then power the RC up, see if the DJI Assistant 2 can recognize it or not.
2017-9-20
Use props
Lambie
lvl.2

Austria

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-20 03:04
Connect the RC to your PC when the RC is off, then power the RC up, see if the DJI Assistant 2 can recognize it or not.

I tried that already. As soon as I connect the USB-cable to my switched off RC the RC display says 'charging'. After I power up the RC and Mavic the RC display goes from 'connecting' to 'ready to go' (just like it always does). DJI Assistant 2, however, does not recognize anything at all... Any other suggestions?

PS When I connect the RC to the PC, Windows 10 also doesn't play the 'USB device connected' sound and nothing new shows up in the device manager. Isn't that strange as well?
2017-9-20
Use props
Lambie
lvl.2

Austria

The silence worries me a bit, so here is some more information which might help:

- Switching on RC and MP results in normal behaviour (RC display says 'ready to fly', camera control works well, don't dare to actually fly...)
- Connecting the RC to my Android phone does result in the phone battery charging, but DJI GO 4 does not recognize the RC and/or MP.
- Connecting the MP to my PC via USB works well. I can access the SD card, and Assistent 2 recognizes the MP (and tells it is on v01.04.0000).
- Connecting the RC to my PC results in the RC 'charging', but as soon as I switch the RC on (display says 'connecting') nothing happens on the PC and Assistent 2 does not recognize the RC.

So it seems the RC stopped communicating through its USB ports (with both PC and DJI GO 4, making live view impossible). Any ideas how to solve this problem (is there a way to reset the RC?), or should I send it in for repair?
2017-9-20
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

Same issue here.
If you find a solution please share!
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Lambie Posted at 2017-9-20 12:57
The silence worries me a bit, so here is some more information which might help:

- Switching on RC and MP results in normal behaviour (RC display says 'ready to fly', camera control works well, don't dare to actually fly...)

Please try to use the bottom port for connecting, need to unplug the side cable first. If it works, then it seems like the side bottom doesn't work, please send the RC in for an overall check. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back if there is a need. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Andy in SW Fla Posted at 2017-9-20 13:45
Same issue here.
If you find a solution please share!

Please refer to our answers above. Thank you.
2017-9-20
Use props
Lambie
lvl.2

Austria

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-20 23:06
Please try to use the bottom port for connecting, need to unplug the side cable first. If it works, then it seems like the side bottom doesn't work, please send the RC in for an overall check. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back if there is a need. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

I already tried using the bottom USB, with the side-cable unplugged: no luck, so it seems that the only option is sending in the RC for repair. However this feels rather strange since the connection between RC and MP is completely normal, and the only thing that fails are the RCs USB connections. And it all started after the v01.04.0000 update (before that, everything (and all connections!) worked fine). So this sounds like a software problem instead of a hardware problem, that should easily be solvable with certain 'repair-software'...
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Lambie Posted at 2017-9-20 23:47
I already tried using the bottom USB, with the side-cable unplugged: no luck, so it seems that the only option is sending in the RC for repair. However this feels rather strange since the connection between RC and MP is completely normal, and the only thing that fails are the RCs USB connections. And it all started after the v01.04.0000 update (before that, everything (and all connections!) worked fine). So this sounds like a software problem instead of a hardware problem, that should easily be solvable with certain 'repair-software'...

Our engineers are aware of this case and also decided the RC should be sent in. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.
2017-9-21
Use props
Oneshotblu
New
Flight distance : 89669 ft
Italy

Dear, I'm in the same situation here, no USB link after the update, everything was working flawlessly before.

I'm on latest v01.04.0000 (both drone and remote), on Samsung S8 + with Android 7.0 and Go 4 app Android v4.1.10.

I tried to downgrade to v01.03.1000.. still not working,
I tried older Go 4 app v4.1.9 and 4.1.5, nothing.. the USB on the remote seems dead.
The USB ports (both) don't even recharge the connected devices anymore.

We need an urgent fix as the problem is for sure firmware related! A way to rollback to .900 should be available! Regards.
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules