34416 23 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Does anybody know where I can dowbload LUT for Mavic's D-LOG?
All manyfacturers use their own logarithmic curve transformation and most of them provide LUT for their Log mode However I cannot find it on DJI web site.

All amateur LUT I tried (e.g. from Groundcontrol) do not seem to be reliable. For my footage they all produce over contrast over saturated pictures.
I need a LUT that are native lookup table based on the specific Log curve that DJI applied in Mavic's camera
2017-9-20
Use props
Ribeiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2950994 ft
Brazil

http://www.paulocunhamartins.com/store/mavic-pro-luts/I´m using these. If properly exposed and (with ISO 100 and the recommended camera settings) sRGB and ETTR+ look very good and natural without much adjustments.
For the Groundcontrol LUTs I usually tone them down to 60% and bring down the saturation a bit.
2017-9-20
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

my point is that if we think of Log as of compression then to uncompress it correctly we need to know the compression algorithm. Only DJI knows it and other LUTs are obtained via trial and errors and most likely will not uncompress the footage correctly
2017-9-20
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

@DJI Support, can you comment on this? Where can we download official LUT for Mavic Pro D-Log?
I think I clearly explained why we need it.
2017-9-21
Use props
Bigsausage64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 808136 ft
France

+1 for DJI's official LUT. Please release it !
2017-9-21
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

This is on the P4Pro page but it does include the Mavic.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... rading_Guide_EN.pdf
2017-9-21
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-21 21:37

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20170608/D-Log_Grading_Guide_EN.pdf

It is just PDF that describes basic color grading. There is no link to LUTs
2017-9-22
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

utkin Posted at 2017-9-22 02:25
It is just PDF that describes basic color grading. There is no link to LUTs

Yes that is correct. DJI don't product an actual LUT, they just explain how to make some post production enhancements for D Log video. You would still need a 3rd party LUT if you don't want to do it all yourself.
2017-9-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i found a few DJi LUTs inside of blackmagic resolve..  i  desaturated image a little bit..then i used the DJi inspire 2 X5S LUT and it looks great, just play with saturation before using the LUT, seems to do great but it is very heavy handed on Greens and Reds..
2017-9-22
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-22 20:18
Yes that is correct. DJI don't product an actual LUT, they just explain how to make some post production enhancements for D Log video. You would still need a 3rd party LUT if you don't want to do it all yourself.

Quite strange IMO. Every company apply its own curve and it is obvious the company should release specific LUT that corresponds to the specific transformation.

I do not need 3rd party as I can easily create LUT myself but as a starting point I wanted the "official" LUT.

2017-9-22
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-9-22 20:41
i found a few DJi LUTs inside of blackmagic resolve..  i  desaturated image a little bit..then i used the DJi inspire 2 X5S LUT and it looks great, just play with saturation before using the LUT, seems to do great but it is very heavy handed on Greens and Reds..

I also saw them but they are for Phantom and X5 that have different from Mavic sensors.
According to what DJI recommends - to extend both gain and lift - means that they apply a very simple log curve but in any case official LUT would be nice to have

@DJI Support we would like to hear something from you
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI_camera
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

We do not provide an official LUT for amateur level aerial cameras such as Mavic, since their footage is not supposed to be fit into professional cinema or TV workflow. We recommend customers to grade the footage as per their needs, according to their own discretion on the actual scene. You may refer to the grading log of Phantom 4 Pro as a reference. (https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... rading_Guide_EN.pdf)
2017-9-26
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI_camera Posted at 2017-9-26 01:27
We do not provide an official LUT for amateur level aerial cameras such as Mavic, since their footage is not supposed to be fit into professional cinema or TV workflow. We recommend customers to grade the footage as per their needs, according to their own discretion on the actual scene. You may refer to the grading log of Phantom 4 Pro as a reference. (https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... rading_Guide_EN.pdf)

Very questionable explanation but at least now we know that there is no official LUT for Mavic
2017-9-26
Use props
Bigsausage64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 808136 ft
France

There was one before............so why removing it ? Strange behavior indeed
2017-10-8
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

At least its an open, honest answer from a manufacturer which is rare off big companies these days.

I guess no LUT as it might affect sales of more professional models if the cheaper model "will do" for some tasks.  Seems odd they offered d-log at all if thats the case though.
2017-10-8
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-21 21:37

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20170608/D-Log_Grading_Guide_EN.pdf

REF pdf,after making your corrections you can save your own LUT  in Davinci Resolve 14.
In the color tab, set your mouse on the videoclip you modified, rightmouse and choose Generate 3D Lut.
2017-10-8
Use props
fans4613fb75
New
United States

utkin Posted at 2017-9-22 23:10
Quite strange IMO. Every company apply its own curve and it is obvious the company should release specific LUT that corresponds to the specific transformation.

I do not need 3rd party as I can easily create LUT myself but as a starting point I wanted the "official" LUT.

Did you end up finding any reliable LUTS or create some yourself? If so, could you please share!? Thanks!
2018-2-6
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

fans4613fb75 Posted at 2018-2-6 16:56
Did you end up finding any reliable LUTS or create some yourself? If so, could you please share!? Thanks!

nope. I create my own LUTs for different conditions.
The creation process is based on my perceptions rather than unfolding the LOG curve.
I can share one that I like most but it is quite subjective and matter of taste
2018-2-6
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

What does the D-log curve look like? Has anyone figured out precisely how to compensate with the tools in Premiere CS6? I'm using gamma and fast color corrector. My gut tells me it looks a lotlike S-Log 2 from my Sony PXW-FS7 as I have the same problems grading it and getting a natural looking color and contrast.

If I knew what the D-log curve looked like and how color saturation is scaled with luminance, I could make a reverse curve in Premiere and apply it.
2018-5-25
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I found this and downloaded the file, because I am exploring the value of LUTs with D-Log.
UPDATE: DJI seem to have moved the link to them from their site.. Here is the direct link to download the LUT files. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/MavicPro_DLog_LUT.zip
DJI have made available LUT files for the mavic Pro’s DLog video format. LUT file are color video grading presets that can be used with most popular video editors.

2018-5-26
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

From my own research into LUTs, did you match the colour profile and possibly camera type and scene use to the LUT you chose? All these have a big impact on the result. So far, I find it quicker and easier to make manual adjustments. I have not applied a LUT to actual published video yet.
2018-5-26
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

There are two types of LUTs that one can use.  A Corrective LUT and a Color correction LUT.  If you are looking at wanting to expand the dynamic range of what the flat D-Log from the Mavic Pro should look like, this one I found is perfect and for me has worked for any image that has come out of my Mavic Pro.  https://www.thefilmpoets.com/edu ... log-corrective-lut/  You can see the difference by looking at the lumeniti scopes and see how it expands all of the colors.

This is the same guy that worked with Neat Video to develop the noise reduction software as we all know shooting in +1 Sharpness you will get noise and this reduces that.
2018-5-26
Use props
Shawn3D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2817231 ft
Austria

Guys the some great LUTs are the SpectrumGrades cinematic presets. They are brilliantly optimised for the Mavic footage and have incredible corrective and color styles that are almost impossible to achieve for the normal user and are really easy to use. The general feedback with everyone using them as been highly praised. Check out the examples of them being used. Highly recommended.... www.SpectrumGrades.com

Here some sample videos...

Here's a tutorial on how to use them...

2018-7-12
Use props
Shawn3D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2817231 ft
Austria

Guys hands down the top LUTs are the SpectrumGrades cinematic presets. They are brilliantly optimised for the Mavic footage and have incredible corrective and color styles that are almost impossible to achieve for the normal user and are really easy to use. The general feedback with everyone using them as been highly praised. Check out the examples of them being used. Highly recommended.... www.SpectrumGrades.com

Here some sample videos...

Here's a tutorial on how to use them...

2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules