Need help from DJI but can not get a response
777 17 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CUTIGER
lvl.1
Flight distance : 410587 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 4 Pro and a Phantom 4 Advanced.  The advanced never had a good video signal from the drone to the ipad.  Recently while flying the signal went completely black and I was unable to bring the bird home.  I knew it had come down in nearby woods.  The next morning I was able to locate it using the long. and lat. coordinates.  After several phone calls to DJI support they determined  there was a problem with the drone and I was told the repair would be covered under the warranty.  The drone was sent to California for repair.  Several days later I received an invoice for $320.00 stating the drone was damaged during the crash and not covered by warranty.  I again called DJI and explained that the faulty drone caused the crash and not the other way around.  I was told the invoice would be forwarded to another department for review and I would here back within 48 hours.  That was 10 days ago and I still have not heard from DJI!  I have called twice since then, but I just keep getting told that I will here from them soon.  I did receive one other email telling me I had not paid the bill  (the bill I should not owe).  Very, very disappointed in DJI at this point.  I have spent almost $5,000.00 with this company in the last 8 months, but unless they make this right, they will never see another penny of mine.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

CUTIGER, we are sorry for the confusion caused by Support. Did the drone be crashed? Or you just believe there is malfunction error that made the drone lose signal?
As far as I can see from the data analysis, there is no abnormality in flight log. Please help us to clarify.
It took several days to export data and analyze, sorry to have kept you waiting.
2017-9-20
Use props
CUTIGER
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-20 04:41
CUTIGER, we are sorry for the confusion caused by Support. Did the drone be crashed? Or you just believe there is malfunction error that made the drone lose signal?
As far as I can see from the data analysis, there is no abnormality in flight log. Please help us to clarify.
It took several days to export data and analyze, sorry to have kept you waiting.

From the very first flight the signal from the drone to the iPad would flicker badly.  I tried switching cables and iPads with my phantom 4 pro and nothing stopped the flickering.  The pictures to the SD card were good, so I tried to just live with the flicker.  Then one day the screen went completely black and I could not return the drone home.  It was about dark, so I had to wait until the next day to try to find it.  As I said earlier I had to use the long and lat coord. to find it.  I made several calls to DJI support and it was determined that the drone was never sending the appropriate video signal back to the controller.  I was told this would be covered under warranty.  I did not keep detailed notes on who and when I talked to because I thought DJI would keep detailed information in tech support.  I do know that on one call I spoke with a technician named Mike who had me try some updates (non of which solved the problem).  It was after I spoke with Mike that on another lengthy call I was told to return the drone for warranty repair.  Hope this is helpful to you.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CUTIGER Posted at 2017-9-20 04:53
From the very first flight the signal from the drone to the iPad would flicker badly.  I tried switching cables and iPads with my phantom 4 pro and nothing stopped the flickering.  The pictures to the SD card were good, so I tried to just live with the flicker.  Then one day the screen went completely black and I could not return the drone home.  It was about dark, so I had to wait until the next day to try to find it.  As I said earlier I had to use the long and lat coord. to find it.  I made several calls to DJI support and it was determined that the drone was never sending the appropriate video signal back to the controller.  I was told this would be covered under warranty.  I did not keep detailed notes on who and when I talked to because I thought DJI would keep detailed information in tech support.  I do know that on one call I spoke with a technician named Mike who had me try some updates (non of which solved the problem).  It was after I spoke with Mike that on another lengthy call I was told to return the drone for warranty repair.  Hope this is helpful to you.

Thanks for your quick update.
From the damage assessment, I've seen the camera main board needs to be replaced, which may be the reason of image transmission issue. But I'm not sure, maybe the crash caused damaged camera main board.
When you find the drone, it was landing normally on the ground or crashed?
Since the motors and landing gear also got damaged, they usually relate to crash.
As for the warranty promise by our Support, you have our sincere apologize, we will take it very seriously and do more training to improve our customer service.

2017-9-20
Use props
CUTIGER
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-20 05:29
Thanks for your quick update.
From the damage assessment, I've seen the camera main board needs to be replaced, which may be the reason of image transmission issue. But I'm not sure, maybe the crash caused damaged camera main board.
When you find the drone, it was landing normally on the ground or crashed?

The lack of video signal is what caused the drone to come down.  I really do not know how much more clearer I can make this.  I am not going to pay for a repair that should and was promised to be covered by warranty.  I may need more contact information of someone at DJI that can handle this.  I will consult with my attorney this afternoon.
2017-9-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Don't believe that video loss ever brought down a drone. Something else had to happen.
2017-9-20
Use props
CUTIGER
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-20 07:19
Don't believe that video loss ever brought down a drone. Something else had to happen.

You obviously do not know the details behind this conversation.
2017-9-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Hmmmm   Well, I read the conversation, but what do I know?
2017-9-20
Use props
CUTIGER
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-20 08:05
Hmmmm   Well, I read the conversation, but what do I know?

Exactly!  There was a lot more in private conversation that you are not and will not be privy to.
2017-9-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

LOL..you're funny!
2017-9-20
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Should continue to fly if only the video feed goes down.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2017-9-20 10:18
Should continue to fly if only the video feed goes down.

Video feed alone will not bring an aircraft down although if you are concerned on the functionality of the aircraft,  you may want to hold off. Why not try a couple of practice flights to see if the aircraft is responding to the remote. Incidentally, I have had a number of people post that reinstalling the app may resolve this issue as well.
2017-9-20
Use props
djiuser_DtYC2tE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277520 ft
United States

I'm 100% certain that ALABAMA is a DJI corporate shill or at least a super fanboy.  He's obviously never been on the receiving end of DJI's horrible customer service.  
2017-9-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

djiuser_DtYC2tE Posted at 2017-9-20 11:56
I'm 100% certain that ALABAMA is a DJI corporate shill or at least a super fanboy.  He's obviously never been on the receiving end of DJI's horrible customer service.

Ahaaaa,  what's a shill?  Been called a lot in my day, but never a SHILL??? I kinda like it tho!   Thanks, teeny bopper!
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CUTIGER Posted at 2017-9-20 05:51
The lack of video signal is what caused the drone to come down.  I really do not know how much more clearer I can make this.  I am not going to pay for a repair that should and was promised to be covered by warranty.  I may need more contact information of someone at DJI that can handle this.  I will consult with my attorney this afternoon.

We have forwarded your concern to local appropriate team to follow up and double review, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_DtYC2tE Posted at 2017-9-20 11:56

No personal attack in Forum, ALABAMA is a very kind user but never a shill, we will try our best to assist customers with unpleasant experience but please be polite. Thanks.
2017-9-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Is all ok, Mindy.  djiuser_DtYC2tE  didn't offend me. Sometimes people just lash out because of their frustrations. All is good, however I still don't know what a "shrill" is , lol.
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-21 05:48
Is all ok, Mindy.  djiuser_DtYC2tE  didn't offend me. Sometimes people just lash out because of their frustrations. All is good, however I still don't know what a "shrill" is , lol.

A decoy who acts as an enthusiastic customer in order to stimulate the participation of others, I guess. Thanks for your kindness.
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules