GPS positioning off causes crash and no warranty?
1400 9 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingMilio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101007 ft
Netherlands

Hello

I was hoovering and suddenly my dji mavic crashed into an object. I couldnt imagine that I made a mistake. I checked the flight log and discovered the message 'GPS positioning off'. So that is what caused the crash. I sent my drone to dji repair centre and they sent me a repair quotation stating it was a pilot mistake and no warranty. I disagreed and escalated  and asked for the analyses. I am waiting for this now more then 3 weeks and nothing comes. I contacted many times the helpdesk and everytime they say it is no warranty and i have to tell the whole story over and over again. They  escalate but nothing happens. At this moment I am very disappointed in the service of DJI.

Anyine else had this same problem?
http://B
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the long communication time frame about the result. The data analysis is based on the flight log exported from aircraft.
Could you please sync the flight records and PM me your DJI account and accident date for further analysis? Here is the tutorial video for your reference
2017-9-20
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

I had a lot of GPS / compass problems with my mavic as well.  I sent in the aircraft and received my replacement yesterday.

I was fortunate enough to not crash, so that may be an issue for you.
2017-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It sounds like you didn’t have enough gps or compass problem, you could try uploading log to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ come back post the link and we might get a better idea of what happened.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Can you please reply my post on 2#? Since the quotation is overdue, we wish your reply as soon as possible, thank you.
2017-9-22
Use props
fansff2005a3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45253 ft
United Kingdom

I had exactly the same issue only that my DJI Spark fell into the water just out of nowhere saying "GPS positioning off" and suddenly drifted off into the sea. It was unrecoverable. now I have no drone, no one wants to help and I didn't do anything wrong. Glad I read this post.

How should I go forward DJI Mindy?

Thanks
Andre
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

fansff2005a3 Posted at 2017-9-28 08:06
I had exactly the same issue only that my DJI Spark fell into the water just out of nowhere saying "GPS positioning off" and suddenly drifted off into the sea. It was unrecoverable. now I have no drone, no one wants to help and I didn't do anything wrong. Glad I read this post.

Did you sync the flight records? That would be a good place to start. Please review Mindy's number 2 posting for questions on that point.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansff2005a3 Posted at 2017-9-28 08:06

Sorry to read on the crash accident, please sync the flight records and then contact our Support to start a ticket for data analysis. Our engineers will try to find out the reason.
2017-9-28
Use props
FlyingMilio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101007 ft
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-22 21:20
Can you please reply my post on 2#? Since the quotation is overdue, we wish your reply as soon as possible, thank you.

Hello DJI Mindy, sorry for late response. I had contact with DJI repair center in Holland and they kept on telling me it was my fault, but the error message gps positioning wasnt initiated by me but by the drone itself (you simple cant put the gps off yourself). I als send all my data and everything but DJI didnt take reponsibility and I had to pay 250 euro's
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FlyingMilio Posted at 2018-5-13 03:24
Hello DJI Mindy, sorry for late response. I had contact with DJI repair center in Holland and they kept on telling me it was my fault, but the error message gps positioning wasnt initiated by me but by the drone itself (you simple cant put the gps off yourself). I als send all my data and everything but DJI didnt take reponsibility and I had to pay 250 euro's

Milio, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account CAS-915614-W4F1J0, here are the details of the data analysis:
1. The aircraft was controlled by pilot in GPS mode.
2. T=1196s,H=9m,D=97m,aircraft crashed. Before the crash pilot was pushing pitch stick forward.
3. The aircraft flew forwards with a speed 1.9m/s crash into the obstacle. GTScreenshot_20180514_122258.png
The drone was crashed because you pushed the pitch stick forward, and this case has been closed in Sept 2017, thanks for your understanding.
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules