Black screen after app update with P3P on HTC
1918 13 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
supaphly42
lvl.1

United States

I have an HTC One M8. The video has been flaky here and there before, but ever since doing the latest app update, I get absolutely no video. I've tried uninstalling and reisntalling app, no effect. The app launches, and it's just a black screen with the DJI logo. The rest of the app is ok, and I can still fly, but can't see any video. This is frustrating, as I purchased a "Professional" model drone because I use it as part of my business, and this is having a direct impact on that.

2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

How about changing to another recommended mobile? We can not ensured the performance of untested mobile and would recommend you change the mobile to verify.
2017-9-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha supaphly,

As Susan indicates, it looks like your HTC One M8 may be the problem.  The DJI GO 4 app is a very powerful app and it just keeps getting more powerful.  The HTC One M8 is just at the entry level for Android devices and as Susan noted, it is unsupported.  The screen is only 5 inches and the Android OS is 4.4.2, just over the 4.4.0 starting point for Android devices.

For the same price as you got your HTC, you could get a Asus ZenPad S 8.0 that is one year newer (2015) and runs Lollipop (Android 5).  The 8 inch screen is said to be sharp and crisp (and 3 inches larger than the HTC).  Just a suggestion.  There are many more for around $200 or less.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-20
Use props
supaphly42
lvl.1

United States

I appreciate the info. Stinks that after paying so much for a drone, I have to pay that much more for supporting hardware. The HTC is my primary phone, that I have owned since new, so to replace it would mean having to go spend that much more out of pocket.
2017-9-21
Use props
fans99268775
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35325 ft
United Kingdom

Hello, exactly the same here, update of firmware and then black screen with the DJI Logo, running P3Pro on DJI GO before 4 App what is going on???? I have an exceedingly up to date smart phone that has never had an issue before the firmware update...
2017-9-22
Use props
japangarden13.g
New
Flight distance : 353465 ft
Norway

fans99268775 Posted at 2017-9-22 08:42
Hello, exactly the same here, update of firmware and then black screen with the DJI Logo, running P3Pro on DJI GO before 4 App what is going on???? I have an exceedingly up to date smart phone that has never had an issue before the firmware update...

Hi...exactly same here.
2017-9-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Look at it as an opportunity to acquire a bigger screen which is something you will probably want eventually anyway.  
2017-9-22
Use props
Natalie Mcsplat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35325 ft
United Kingdom

No, I just want be able to fly my drone, screen size is insignificant,  pardon the pun, what is significant is the lack of testing done on a variety of devices before delivery of new 'essential' updates by DJI... What is most annoying is that I got a P3pro just 3 weeks ago as I understood it was a better platform than the P3 4k that I'd had for months and only had a mild wireless controller connectivity issue except for when I used it on an ancient tablet... Come on DJI, sort it out please :/
2017-9-22
Use props
fans6f320da0
New
Flight distance : 4948 ft
Indonesia

it happened to me, too. very dissapointed
2017-9-22
Use props
supaphly42
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-20 19:59
How about changing to another recommended mobile? We can not ensured the performance of untested mobile and would recommend you change the mobile to verify.

Ok, I switched to a newer and more powerful HTC One M9, running Android 7.0. Still having the same issue. No video, just a black screen with the DJI logo. I have no control over the camera either, and I noticed in the main about page it shows 0mb available on SD card even though it's empty. It's like it's not connecting to the camera system at all.
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans99268775 Posted at 2017-9-22 08:42

Which mobile do you use? Please try to delete the DJI GO and all relevant files, then re-install the app again to see whether it helps.
2017-10-12
Use props
graham7
New
United States

When I attempted to update firmware to 1.11, the drone did not update.  Then the video was not transmitting to mobile.  The LED on camera is not lit.  I cannot access SD card when I connect drone to computer.  The drone will fly, but not video.  The screen on app is normal except no video and there is no control of camera.  I can control the gimbal.  App version is 3.1.11.  Drone version is 1.10.90.  RC version is 1.9.2.  Any suggestions.
2017-10-16
Use props
supaphly42
lvl.1

United States

Bringing back up an old post of mine. The drone sat unused all winter. I upgraded to an iPhone X with the latest iOS and the latest DJI go, still same issue. Also, somehow mine shows the following:
App: 3.1.42 (on latest iOS on iPhone X)
Aircraft: 1.2.6+ (I haven't seen any others showing this, especially the plus sign???)
Remote: 1.9.2
2018-7-19
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I get this at times ... and I know my gear is good to go.

I power down and restart and all is fine again.

But lately I am having other strange things as well as the DJI logo centred on black screen ...

Voice telling me I am only partly Activated and various functions will be limited ...

During a flight - I was about 800m out and about 75m height ... voice said Restricted to 50m range and 30m height .... but Ac still continued as it was ... in fact I flew it home.

Weird warnings that do not make sense ...

Nigel
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules