1429 10 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peterev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1785387 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This has happened on my Spark since day one but I have lived with it but it's now really annoying and has spoiled a couple of what would have been great videos. You can see what happens here:

Basically when I fly straight the gimbal keeps pretty good level but when I yaw the Spark or roll it, the gimbal doesn't keep level and is kind of slow to keep up with the Spark. When I stop yawing or rolling the gimbal stays out of level unless I correct it back by reverse yawing or rolling.

I have resfreshed the firmware, done several IMU calibrations the last of which was on a completely level surface, I've reset the camera and formatted the card. DJI support suggest resetting the firmware to factory and then reloading the current firmware which I will do but I don't hold out much hope for that.

Has anybody else had this issue and found a cure or soes it look like my Spark is destined for Holland?

Thanks.
2017-9-20
Use props
Mike79
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49675 ft
Germany

Hi, some people report the same issue in different posts, e.g.: Link My second spark had this problem out of the box. Maybe the new firmware will fix this issue, otherwise I also have to send it to the Netherlands.
2017-9-20
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks. Your issue appears to be slightly different as at least your gimbal stays level whereas mine doesn't.. I have tried resetting mine to the factory defaults and refreshed the firmware and turning it by hand appears to have resolved the problem but it's too dark now to fly it so I'll do that tomorrow to check as it may only do it whilst flying.
2017-9-20
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

That is weird.  Mine doesn't seem to do that.  Have you tried to go back to previous firmware and update again?  just a thought.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Peterev Posted at 2017-9-20 11:02
Thanks. Your issue appears to be slightly different as at least your gimbal stays level whereas mine doesn't.. I have tried resetting mine to the factory defaults and refreshed the firmware and turning it by hand appears to have resolved the problem but it's too dark now to fly it so I'll do that tomorrow to check as it may only do it whilst flying.

When you flew your spark, did you enter S mode at that time? If not, please upload your flight data to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.
2017-9-20
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-20 20:21
When you flew your spark, did you enter S mode at that time? If not, please upload your flight data to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.

Hi Elektra,

No, it wasn't in sport mode, it happens in normal mode.

I have reset the factory defaults and refreshed the firmware but not had a chance to fly my Spark since so I will load up the flight data if the problem continues to exist.

Thank you.
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Peterev Posted at 2017-9-21 04:31
Hi Elektra,

Peterev, you are welcome. Please keep us updated about the situation. Thanks.
2017-9-22
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This may be an obvious one but have you checked you gimbal settings in the app and have it set to 'follow' and not 'FPV'.
2017-9-22
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ACW Posted at 2017-9-22 02:10
This may be an obvious one but have you checked you gimbal settings in the app and have it set to 'follow' and not 'FPV'.

Thanks, yes I have. The fpv setting is quite different from follow, the gimbal is fine most of the time, it just drifts out of level when yawing and rolling. I didn't get out this weekend to try the refreshed firmware but will be tomorrow..
2017-9-24
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Peterev Posted at 2017-9-24 14:51
Thanks, yes I have. The fpv setting is quite different from follow, the gimbal is fine most of the time, it just drifts out of level when yawing and rolling. I didn't get out this weekend to try the refreshed firmware but will be tomorrow..

The main cause of this is excessive wind speeds which can be exacerbated by adding third party accessories to the drone such as landing gear, ND filters and prop guards/props not made/tested by DJI. Other influences are caused by electromagnetic interference tampering with the compass (even fields can have underground metal pipes and electricity cables etc) and the IMU being off + firmware issues. Try changing your flight location after calibrating the IMU and refreshing the firmware at home before heading out and ensure that you have nothing attached to the quad. If, after doing this, you are still experiencing the same problems then you may have a serious fault with the drone and I would suggest creating a label with DJI for a diagnostic evaluation and potential repair/replacement - hopefully under warranty.
2017-9-25
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Peterev Posted at 2017-9-21 04:31
Hi Elektra,

Hi Elektra,

All's well again, the firmware refresh suggested by your chat support appears to have worked. The gimbal is behaving perfectly.

Thank you.
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules