Collision avoidance not working properly
2126 7 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Photodan42
New
United States

Hey guys... when i'm flying with NOTHING around, the collision avoidence starts beeping like crazy and my Mavic will immediately pull back like it's about to crash into a wall... even though there is nothing even close by.  Suggestions on how to fix this? I have the latest firmware installed. Thanks.
2017-9-20
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

The Mavic can detect the sun as an obstacle if your aircraft is facing towards it. Try tilting your camera down a little or turn your aircraft slightly away from the sun and it should stop doing it.

Mine has done this many times....300 feet in the air with nothing around and it says there is an obstacle.
2017-9-20
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Is there a possibility that you were flying straight to the sun light?
2017-9-20
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2017-9-20 10:14
The Mavic can detect the sun as an obstacle if your aircraft is facing towards it. Try tilting your camera down a little or turn your aircraft slightly away from the sun and it should stop doing it.

Mine has done this many times....300 feet in the air with nothing around and it says there is an obstacle.

Try tilting your camera down a little or turn your aircraft slightly away from the sun and it should stop doing it.

The camera is NOT used in collision avoidance, so tilting the camera down has nothing to do with it.  There are two sensors on the front of the Mavic that do the sensing.  Yes, flying directly into the sun does cause this problem though.
2017-9-20
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-9-20 10:33
Try tilting your camera down a little or turn your aircraft slightly away from the sun and it should stop doing it.

The camera is NOT used in collision avoidance, so tilting the camera down has nothing to do with it.  There are two sensors on the front of the Mavic that do the sensing.  Yes, flying directly into the sun does cause this problem though.

Yes I am aware of that. However, tilting the camera down for me resolved the issue on more than one occasion. I know it makes no sense but try it and see.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Like suggestions above, please check if you flew the drone directly facing the sunlight at that time. Avoid the strong light when OA system activated if possible, right it might bring the system take the light as an obstacle mistakenly. Besides, you can try to calibrate your VPS via DJI Assistant 2 and test again.
2017-9-20
Use props
Rteed76
New
Flight distance : 590492 ft
Canada

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2017-9-20 10:14

I have a similar issue but  it only acts up when in RTH mode.  It climbs to its proper RTH height then moves forward a few meters then stops. Then it climbs a few meters higher then tries to move forward again then bammo another obstacle warning then its climbs again and repeats. I turned my  Smart RTH off and it now returns home but the "obstacle warning beeps" the whole way while in forward motion but at least it works for now. I just finished recalibrating the vision sensors. Will let you know if that works shortly.
2017-9-21
Use props
Rteed76
New
Flight distance : 590492 ft
Canada

Rteed76 Posted at 2017-9-21 12:48
I have a similar issue but  it only acts up when in RTH mode.  It climbs to its proper RTH height then moves forward a few meters then stops. Then it climbs a few meters higher then tries to move forward again then bammo another obstacle warning then its climbs again and repeats. I turned my  Smart RTH off and it now returns home but the "obstacle warning beeps" the whole way while in forward motion but at least it works for now. I just finished recalibrating the vision sensors. Will let you know if that works shortly.

Calibration seems to have cured the problem
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules