Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo+ or Osmo Pro For mostly interior real estate video?
2707 9 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moving Shark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124934 ft
United States

Looking to get osmo+ or osmo pro for mostly interior real estate footage.  Already have p4p and inspire 2 for drone work.  Can I get opinions on which one to get for the interior work?  The pro is about twice as much and need to know if it is near twice as good for this purpose.

Thanks in advance!
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Probably either will be fine. However, it is also my opinion that if you are using this on a pro level,  you would want as much extras as possible. The Osmo Pro has a stronger camera.
2017-9-20
Use props
Moving Shark
lvl.1
United States

I saw the pro has a bigger sensor and better camera, but the plus has zoom.  Is zoom a feature I would miss on the pro?
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Moving Shark Posted at 2017-9-20 14:30
I saw the pro has a bigger sensor and better camera, but the plus has zoom.  Is zoom a feature I would miss on the pro?

Osmo Pro doesn't have zoom function, but the zoom lens can be mounted if you need.
2017-9-20
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1211378 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Here you are the dilemma :

Osmo Pro = Vastly superior image quality in both daylight and Low light compared to the Osmo or Osmo +. However, the Crop factor in 4K and HD (Which is worse than in 4K), make it unusable for interiors as you need the widest angle lens possible (unless you sale Castles). Simply put, the Osmo in Video is about 35mm in 4K and 37mm in HD (See my crop factor post about it). Also, you need to learn how to use a camera as in the Osmo pro you will have to play with the Aperture as well as the Shutter speed and ISO. FYI the Osmo pro Aperture is at its best around 4 to 5.6 where you have the least diffraction. At 1.7 the default 15mm Lens of the Osmo pro is too soft and not really usable in 4K (Record in 4K and export in HD for better results).

Osmo, Osmo+ = You do not have to care about Aperture and Focus, compact and comes with a wider lens. However Garbage video quality, you are going to shoot professional videos to sell houses, you cannot afford to show to your potential client videos that are as good  (or bad) as an iPhone 6 and is totally unusable above ISO 400.

I personally do not advise either ones for interiors. You will be better off with a Gimbal (Zhiyun-Tech Crane V1) and a cheap Panasonic GX85 and Panasonic Leica 8-18mm Lens.
2017-9-20
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Good advice, TSV
2017-9-21
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.3
  • >>>
Japan

Thanks ;-)
2017-9-21
Use props
Moving Shark
lvl.1
United States

TokyoStreetView Posted at 2017-9-20 23:15
Here you are the dilemma :

Osmo Pro = Vastly superior image quality in both daylight and Low light compared to the Osmo or Osmo +. However, the Crop factor in 4K and HD (Which is worse than in 4K), make it unusable for interiors as you need the widest angle lens possible (unless you sale Castles). Simply put, the Osmo in Video is about 35mm in 4K and 37mm in HD (See my crop factor post about it). Also, you need to learn how to use a camera as in the Osmo pro you will have to play with the Aperture as well as the Shutter speed and ISO. FYI the Osmo pro Aperture is at its best around 4 to 5.6 where you have the least diffraction. At 1.7 the default 15mm Lens of the Osmo pro is too soft and not really usable in 4K (Record in 4K and export in HD for better results).

Great, thanks for the input!  I think I'll take your advice.
2017-9-21
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.3
  • >>>
Japan

Moving Shark Posted at 2017-9-21 10:29
Great, thanks for the input!  I think I'll take your advice.

Welcome. If you are on a budget you can get the GX85 (or GX80) without a lens and get the 8-18mm only.  And this camera can be mounted on a tripod for your outside shots too ;-).

I used to own one (The Japanese version, the GX7MKII) it was my B-Roll Camera.
2017-9-21
Use props
cgm3inwpa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203465 ft
United States

TokyoStreetView Posted at 2017-9-21 14:54
Welcome. If you are on a budget you can get the GX85 (or GX80) without a lens and get the 8-18mm only.  And this camera can be mounted on a tripod for your outside shots too ;-).

I used to own one (The Japanese version, the GX7MKII) it was my B-Roll Camera.

I was about to buy the osmo+ for indoor real estate videos until I came across this thread.  I really, really wanted the osmo+, now I am scared of spending money on something bad.  Quick question, I'm really on a budget, could I use the 12-32mm MEGA O.I.S. Lens and get similar results?
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules