Sunset scuppered
664 4 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IainWB
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yesterday sunset came, and the sky was wonderful shades of orange and red as the sun was going down. I was walking back from the shop, and it was all over by the time I got home.

Today has been sunny all day and whispy bits of cloud, but nothing major. So I set off to arrive at a field that would be perfect to capture the sunset from - with lakes, countryside, and a bit of urban sprawl in shot. Then the cloud started coming in. Not over the majority of the sky, just the entire horizon for where the sun was setting.

Gave up a few minutes before sunset as the footage really wasn't what I'd wanted.... And I'd got the ND8 filter on, which was obviously a mistake as the light was lowering. At least I learned that lesson for future attempts!
2017-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Some you win some you lose, welcome to the world of photography, if it was easy everyone would be doing it. Better luck next time.
2017-9-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is how things go. Went to a certain spot that I want to photograph but so far there was always something wrong
2017-9-20
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lessons I'm sure we've all experienced at some point.

Part of my flight check-list.  
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your experience. Looking forward wonderful pictures from you.
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules