Historical abandoned Shipwreck from World War 2.
1155 21 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Berserk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275814 ft
Norway

Crete Joist was built in the United Kingdom in the early 1900. The ship is made out of concrete do to a shortage of steel in Europe during the first decades of the 1900. In her early days during world war 1, she is rumored to have transported dead soldiers back to England from the trenches of the western front. In the 1920 she was sold to Norway, and was used to ship cargo, mainly stone and minerals along the coast. After the outbreak of world war 2, and the occupation of Norway, the germans seized the ship, and used it to ship coal between Trondheim and Ålesund. The last chapter of Crete Joists story is set during a winter storm in 1943. Either She struck a mine, or the crew lost control in the rough sea,  either way she ended up stranded in a fjord between Trondheim and Ålesund, the german army tried to pull her out and even tried to blow her up, but still today she rests unmoved  on the very same stones as  .

Appreciate feedback!
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Very interesting subject to shoot on and it is a subject of historic value. You got some nice scenic shots in there too.
2017-9-20
Use props
Berserk
Second Officer
Norway

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-20 13:40
Very interesting subject to shoot on and it is a subject of historic value. You got some nice scenic shots in there too.

Thank you!
2017-9-20
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Nice. The idea of concrete shipbuilding blows my mind, had no idea they have such a long history. Thanks for sharing.
2017-9-20
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very interesting history, things that we don't use to see before drones.  Thanks for sharing.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Amazing work. The spot is clear and blue. Thanks for sharing.
2017-9-20
Use props
Berserk
Second Officer
Norway

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-9-20 16:19
Nice. The idea of concrete shipbuilding blows my mind, had no idea they have such a long history. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! The Crete Joist has an unique story, it's very interesting to visit locations like this first hand!
2017-9-21
Use props
sonnavindDF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288875 ft
Norway

Nice shots!
2017-9-21
Use props
Berserk
Second Officer
Norway

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-9-20 17:25
Very interesting history, things that we don't use to see before drones.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!
2017-9-21
Use props
Berserk
Second Officer
Norway

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-20 20:06
Amazing work. The spot is clear and blue. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! The colors was absolutely amazing!
2017-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video. Good combination of footage and compositions.
Great coloring.
Only thing I can think of is that some shots were 'more of the same' and did not really add anything.
Maybe you could add a high shot to show the rest of the area more. Like in 2:20 but even higher and showing the surrounding area more
Great subject BTW!
2017-9-21
Use props
Berserk
Second Officer
Norway

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-21 11:11
Very nice video. Good combination of footage and compositions.
Great coloring.
Only thing I can think of is that some shots were 'more of the same' and did not really add anything.

Thank you! I'm aware of the lack of diversity in the video, im trying to work whit it, but when your flying its hard to adjust and think about diversity... When i shot this , it was alot of wind. It was blowing from land and out to the see( its hard to see in the film) and i almost lost the drone. The drone drifted faster out on the ocean, than i manged to fly back...i whent so low ass posible and managed to fly to shore a long way from where i started. After that i didn't dare to go so high again
2017-9-21
Use props
Berserk
Second Officer
Norway

Thank you!
2017-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Berserk Posted at 2017-9-21 11:25
Thank you! I'm aware of the lack of diversity in the video, im trying to work whit it, but when your flying its hard to adjust and think about diversity... When i shot this , it was alot of wind. It was blowing from land and out to the see( its hard to see in the film) and i almost lost the drone. The drone drifted faster out on the ocean, than i manged to fly back...i whent so low ass posible and managed to fly to shore a long way from where i started. After that i didn't dare to go so high again

Thanks for the insight!
I know how that goes (not with drones as of yet, but I'm doing a lot of videography) when you are filming. You really need some sort of plan on what shots you would like to get.
I am not sure how I will manage once I've bought my first DJI...
Good call on the windy situation and another reason to come back one day
2017-9-21
Use props
Berserk
Second Officer
Norway

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-21 11:29
Thanks for the insight!
I know how that goes (not with drones as of yet, but I'm doing a lot of videography) when you are filming. You really need some sort of plan on what shots you would like to get.
I am not sure how I will manage once I've bought my first DJI...

When you only have 20minutes airtime and expensive equipment(the drone) far from sight, and on top you get bad weather/ less control.. Than it's very easy to do the moves you are best at , and most familiar with. So when the conditions are perfect it's important to try new thing and experiment to get used to every situation, so then the next time the conditions are not perfect, you can still think a little diversety and compositions of footage, becose you are familiar with what you are trying to do.  And so you get better and better every time you fly!
2017-9-21
Use props
Landjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61496 ft
United States

Very well done, thank you.
2017-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Berserk Posted at 2017-9-21 11:47
When you only have 20minutes airtime and expensive equipment(the drone) far from sight, and on top you get bad weather/ less control.. Than it's very easy to do the moves you are best at , and most familiar with. So when the conditions are perfect it's important to try new thing and experiment to get used to every situation, so then the next time the conditions are not perfect, you can still think a little diversety and compositions of footage, becose you are familiar with what you are trying to do.  And so you get better and better every time you fly!

Yes, Learning all the time.
That is the best way!
2017-9-21
Use props
Vegarvw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469879 ft
Norway

Nice work!

Har faktisk ikke hørt om dette skipet , selv om jeg bor midt mellom ålesund og trondheim. Flott film!
2017-9-21
Use props
Berserk
Second Officer
Norway

Vegarvw Posted at 2017-9-21 12:06
Nice work!

Har faktisk ikke hørt om dette skipet , selv om jeg bor midt mellom ålesund og trondheim. Flott film!

Takk! Ligger i utløpet av Trondheimsfjorden på Fosensiden, så ligger ikke så langt fra Trondheim. Anbefaler å ta en tur hvis du er i nærheten! veldig spesiel opplevelse.
2017-9-21
Use props
Berserk
Second Officer
Norway

Landjet Posted at 2017-9-21 11:49
Very well done, thank you.

Thanks for that!
2017-9-22
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Well done!! Amazing colors!!
2017-9-22
Use props
Berserk
Second Officer
Norway

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-9-22 02:40
Well done!! Amazing colors!!

Thank you! The light and the colors was amazing that day!
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules