Controller says READY TO FLY ?

Thanks  

2017-9-20
Use props
Thudd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

Same Problem with my Nexus 7.  I have tried multiple cables. "upgraded" to DJI GO 4 v. 4.1.9 (333-gpTablet).  Remote will connect to AC, but not tablet.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If you can control the gimbal by the gimbal wheel on the RC, check if there is any info about the RC and drone on About of General Settings, please try routes below:
If there is no info, the connection failed. Try to replug the side USB cable, or unplug the side cable and plug your original device's cable on the bottom port; reinstall the app; try another device if you have.
If there is info of the RC and drone, try to re-upgrade the RC again.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists, any screenshots or videos are appreciated.
2017-9-20
Use props
fans0005ac75
New
Netherlands

I have got the same problem and Dji is telling me that the lightning cable is the problem. This is what my phone looks like
IMG_0422.PNG
2017-9-21
Use props
fiveteeji
New
Flight distance : 86581 ft
France

I have the same issue. I don't think the lightning cable is the problem as it works great with ios 10.
2017-9-21
Use props
fans0005ac75
New
Netherlands

I have just tried to use the lightning cable from apple itself and plug it in the usb connector. That works fine!! With IOS11
2017-9-21
Use props
fiveteeji
New
France

still doesn't work. I've tried several lightning cable -> no success
i have an iphone 6 and an ipad mini 4 and both are not working
2017-9-21
Use props
fiveteeji
New
France

ok, it seems to work now : i had to uninstall the app and reinstall it. I did it from my ipad mini 4.
I will do the same process with my iphone 6 and I'll give you news.
2017-9-21
Use props
fiveteeji
New
France

Bad news : this does not work with my iphone 6.
2017-9-21
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

fiveteeji Posted at 2017-9-21 10:34
Bad news : this does not work with my iphone 6.

Sometimes with ios updates it takes more than one attempt,  try uninstall, reinstall again and also try multiple hard reboot with you iPhone.
2017-9-21
Use props
Thudd
lvl.4
United States

Out of the clear blue sky,  my Nexus 7 now works.  What I did was to reboot tablet multiple times.  Used same cables that did not work before.  I use bottom usb on controler. DJI GO 4 v. 4.1.9 does not startup when controller is turned on, but will recognize tablet when I unplug and then plug usb back in.  
2017-9-21
Use props
fans0005ac75
New
Netherlands

I have the iPhone 6s and use the apple lightning cable in the usb port from the RC. Don't forget to unplug the standard lightning cable
2017-9-21
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

I have same issue. Have tried everything. Please share if you find a solution.
2017-9-21
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Thudd Posted at 2017-9-20 14:57
Same Problem with my Nexus 7.  I have tried multiple cables. "upgraded" to DJI GO 4 v. 4.1.9 (333-gpTablet).  Remote will connect to AC, but not tablet.

Try turning on the AC then the RC once they are connected then plug in your Nexus 7 and then open the app and see the results. Works for my android devices i have here.
2017-9-21
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

After I updated to iOS 11 I deleted the GO4 app, rebooted my iOS devices (iPhone 6 and Mini 4) and then reinstalled to GO4 app. everything works fine after doing all that
2017-9-21
Use props
Thudd
lvl.4
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2017-9-21 16:02
Try turning on the AC then the RC once they are connected then plug in your Nexus 7 and then open the app and see the results. Works for my android devices i have here.

Thank you for reply
2017-9-21
Use props
fiveteeji
New
France

I confirm : this works for me after uninstalling the app, restarting the iphone and reinstalling the app.
Thanks a lot for this trick.
However, DJI should communicate about this trick. I don't think this is normal to restart after unistalling.
2017-9-21
Use props
fanse36e5533
New
Flight distance : 37133 ft
United Kingdom

yes me same
2017-9-24
Use props
MickAv8r
New
United States

Exact same problem.  

Had an iPhone 7.  Upgraded to iOS 11 and have latest go app in the App Store.  No apparent problems.

Traded in iPhone 7 for an iPhone 8 Plus.  Restored phone to backup from previous phone as any person would do.  GO app does not connect to remote controller as described by the OP.

It is NOT a cable issue.

Phone chimes when the cable is plugged in like you’d expect.  The app never connects or shows any visual indication.

I have reinstalled the App several times.  I have uninstalled the app, done a hard reboot and reinstalled the app to no avail.

2017-9-24
Use props
fans24234b1d
New
Flight distance : 408337 ft
Portugal

I have the same problem and nothing seems to solve it:
I have an iphone 6S and a mavic. I bought a mavic 3 weeks ago and i had already my iphone with iOS 11 Public Beta 1 and everything went fine.  It connected successfully with the cable provided with the remote.
Today i upgraded my iphone to the final iOS 11 and I can't connect the app to the remote.
I have tried to unistall the app, then restart. then reinstalled it again. no success; i have also tried to use the second remote USB port and iphone lightning cable and nothing.
With the provided cable and standard port (that worked previosuly fine) i see that the iphone starts charging for a second when i plug the cable, but then it stops, so i guess something has changed with the final iOS and compatibility.

Any ideas?
2017-9-24
Use props
MOOSE36
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12254 ft
United States

I have a iPhone 8 plus and I'm not getting any video either ....
2017-9-24
Use props
TuanMai
New
Flight distance : 86867 ft
Vietnam

Same with me:
1/ ipad mini 2 + ios 11 + djigo4 newest: disconnects
2/ that ipad + ios 10 are ok before.
3/ with iphone 5s + ios 11 is OK
Please help? Thanks
2017-9-24
Use props
TuanMai
New
Vietnam

I had try with new lightning cable, the dji lightning cable, reinstall djigo4 on ipad, new firmware 1.04 ... they still disconnected
But they are working with iphone 5s + ios 11.
2017-9-24
Use props
PTdrone
New
Flight distance : 408337 ft
Portugal

i got a message from DJI support saying that for  now iOS 11 is not yet supported.
Just don't understand how they won't prepare in advance: There are two mobile OS in the market: iOS and Android. Not that hard
iOS 11 developer beta was realeased in june and public beta in august. should be time enough.
Last year same happened and i could not use my phantom at the time for one month.
not professional at all
2017-9-25
Use props
Archelium
New
Flight distance : 77710 ft
Indonesia

PTdrone Posted at 2017-9-25 15:33
i got a message from DJI support saying that for  now iOS 11 is not yet supported.
Just don't understand how they won't prepare in advance: There are two mobile OS in the market: iOS and Android. Not that hard
iOS 11 developer beta was realeased in june and public beta in august. should be time enough.

I’m having the same problem here on iOS 11 iPhone 7 Plus 128. I initially upgraded to iOS 11 and it was working just fine. But due to some other issue with my phone I had to do a complete backup and restore. After restore it just won’t connect anymore. I’ve also noticed now that the charge indicator only turns on for a second after I plug it in. It’s not making the connection somehow.
2017-9-25
Use props
djiuser_9kuN89I
New
Mexico

I have the same problem (iPhone not connecting):
iphone 6 recently upgraded to ios11

Uninstalled DJI4 App
Restarted phone
Reinstalled App
Restarted phone again.
Did this several times. Still not working

2017-9-26
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

ROLLBACK to iOS 10.3.3 while you still can. Apple currently allow you to goback but not so long. DO NOT update your iTunes on Mac/PC if the version is lower than 12.7 because there is no access to App store in the iTunes version. On your PC/Mac do not update the DJI Go 4 if you have the version less than 4.1.8. kept in your PC/Mac. After rollback to 10.3.3 you may try DJI Go 4.1.11 to see if the problem is solved. Load it using App Store on your mobile.
If you still have problem, install it offline via iTunes on PC if previous version is still there.
BEWARE...downgrading to iOS 10.3.3 you will lost everything unless you previously upgrade via PC. You can restore to lower ios version but cannot restore app data from higher version backup.
2017-9-26
Use props
MickAv8r
New
United States

Todays iOS update to 11.0.1 resolves the issue for me.  iPhone 8 now works
2017-9-26
Use props
Deggers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181772 ft
United Kingdom

I am here because I have issues lol - Bought my mavic in July with iOS no disconnect issues ever! Recently upgraded to iOS11 and DJI updates had 3 disconnects in one flight! Only wait to resolve is to pull the cable from the iOS device (ipad or iphone 6s plus) and reconnect it with the app open. If I close the app and reopen it with the cable connected still says disconnected.
To add I can replicate a disconnect on the app but running ios11 screen recording which instantly disconnect the app.

Also for the first time every got CPU overload message on iPad!

So someone has screwed something up somewhere.

Controller stays connected - app doesnt.

Now not reliable.
2017-9-26
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I upgraded also to ios11 with iPhone 7, and Go4 says not connected as most above experienced... pulled the side cable a few times out of the phone and then shows live feed... most of the time. But FFS Apple and Dji, do you actually TEST THESE THINGS before release, there should NOT be any issues here! This is 2017, how can a huge corporate possibly put out anything other than perfect working software?!
2017-9-26
Use props
wasp61
lvl.1

Turkey

I had a same problem before update IOS 11.0.1. If you have same problem on your ıphone, you should update to 11.0.1, it will work ;)
2017-9-26
Use props
wasp61
lvl.1

Turkey

Edit, my phone is 7+ 32 GB.
2017-9-26
Use props
fans0895deb1
New
United States

Same problem as above:
1. Updated to iOS 11
2. 'Disconnected' when plugged into the controller
3. Able to connect via WiFi
4. Installed Apple updates on 9/27/2017 and the problem was corrected.
5. No idea why

2017-9-27
Use props
fans2af304fc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102999 ft
Singapore

I wonder Nexus 7 guy is trolling ios users. hehehe.
2017-9-27
Use props
TuanMai
New
Vietnam

They connected fine with ios 11.0.1
2017-9-27
Use props
khalestorm
New
Flight distance : 1375 ft
United States

Hi all,

I'm having similar issues.
iPhone 7 plus
iOS11.0.1 public release
DJI Go 4, 4.1.12
Latest Mavic Pro firmware

I receive the disconnected error on my screen, no SD card, gimbal not connected and battery stats not displaying.

I'm not going to put this thing in the error until I can see all of these functions working.

Tried deleting and reinstalling the app, restarting the device, reinstalling the app, changed lightning cables. Nothing seems to be working.

Any help is appreciated!
2017-9-29
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

Khalestorm,

I've been working on this same problem for months with no solution. I have the same set up as you except an iPhone 7. Have you tried the DJI assistant 2 to update your RC firmware? This is the issue I'm having, nothing connects to the RC. Not the Mavic through the DJI GO4 app or through DJI Assistant 2.

If you find a solution please share.
2017-9-30
Use props
Rovacat
New
United States

Hello West1,

I’m having a similar problem using an iPad mini 4. The Mavic and controller power up and connect but when I try to open the go4 app it goes to a non responsive login screen. I sent an email to North American customer service. The last response is the current version of the go4 app is not compatible with iOS V. 11. I’m actually running 11.0.1. So I guess we wait for the next dji update to the go4 app. I did find that the litchi app still works fine. I did a test flight from my back yard yesterday to confirm.

Cheers,

Rovacat
2017-9-30
Use props
khalestorm
New
United States

Update,
I've updated both the Mavic and the RC to v01.04.0000 and still no luck. Seeing a grey disconnected screen when I'm in the app. Gimbal showing disconnected, No SD card error, when I have an SD card installed.
2017-10-3
Use props
khalestorm
New
United States

Updating to iOS11.0.2 just now fixed the issue.
2017-10-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules