M210 Firmware issue with X5s
4289 30 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rtyung8186
lvl.1

United States

Updated a new M210 with a new X5s. Firmware update to camera seems to be causeing some issue with the gimbal motors. Spactic jerky movement, image is rotated 90 degrees clockwise and the camera just pans back and forth non-stop. It's really odd. I tested the camera on an Inspire 2 previous to connecting it to the 210 and it was fine. Problem developed after firmware update to system following "Inconsistant Firmware" prompt. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
2017-9-20
Use props
Falcon001
lvl.1
Flight distance : 283481 ft
United Kingdom

Same with mine plus flyaways. Sent it back. Full refund.
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Do you have the Assistant 2 Software on your computer? If not, please download. Try a gimbal calibration to begin with. Feel free to post a video on what you are experiencing here: http://www.dji.com/matrice-200-series/info?site=brandsite&from=insite_search#downloads
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

One other point, if you go to page 77, it would have additional information on updating the firmware: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_0920_EN.pdf
2017-9-23
Use props
RR3DR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108104 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-23 07:09
Do you have the Assistant 2 Software on your computer? If not, please download. Try a gimbal calibration to begin with. Feel free to post a video on what you are experiencing here: http://www.dji.com/matrice-200-series/info?site=brandsite&from=insite_search#downloads

I cannot find the gimbal calibration in assistant. please advise
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

RR3DR Posted at 2017-10-5 09:42
I cannot find the gimbal calibration in assistant. please advise

This is a third party video that has some information on gimbal calibration. You can find where it is advised at 8:31: https://www.dslrpros.com/dslrpro ... te-dji-matrice-200/
2017-10-5
Use props
RR3DR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108104 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-5 10:00
This is a third party video that has some information on gimbal calibration. You can find where it is advised at 8:31: https://www.dslrpros.com/dslrpros-blog/dslrpros-tutorials-how-to-update-and-calibrate-dji-matrice-200/

I tried the Gimbal calibration and it stopped at 20%, the gimbal is still panning back and forth. Any suggestions?
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

RR3DR Posted at 2017-10-5 13:04
I tried the Gimbal calibration and it stopped at 20%, the gimbal is still panning back and forth. Any suggestions?

I just sent you a personal message. Please respond to that.  We can pick up the communication there.
2017-10-5
Use props
fans0f348e88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 452753 ft
Canada

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-5 13:16
I just sent you a personal message. Please respond to that.  We can pick up the communication there.

Hi Mark,

my organization already owns a Phantom 3 Pro, an Inspire 1, Spark and today we took delivery of our new M210 RTK... very excited!

we were doing the updates and I'm having the same problem described in this post with the X5S panning back and forth with the lens tilted all the way one way.

I'm also having a bit of a problem navigating the DJI Assistant 2 software. would appreciate it if you had any advice.

Brian Carr
Director, News Production. CP24 Toronto
2017-10-12
Use props
SkyhookImagery
lvl.2
Flight distance : 774327 ft
Australia

I've got the same issue with the X5S going side to side after the update.

It would be great to find out the outcome... I've had the system for 3 days and haven't been able to fly it.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

fans0f348e88 Posted at 2017-10-12 16:09
Hi Mark,

my organization already owns a Phantom 3 Pro, an Inspire 1, Spark and today we took delivery of our new M210 RTK... very excited!

Hi Brian, Just to make sure we are on the same page, let's start off with the Assistant 2 Software. You would want to make sure to update any firmware requirements.  What concerns specifically do you have on navigating the Assistant 2 Software?  Are you getting any warning signals?
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

SkyhookImagery Posted at 2017-10-12 18:38
I've got the same issue with the X5S going side to side after the update.

It would be great to find out the outcome... I've had the system for 3 days and haven't been able to fly it.

When you say after the update, what steps did you take before then? Can you do a visual inspection of your gimbal make sure that it is installed properly? Did you complete any calibrations through  the Assistant 2 Software as well as firmware updates? Can you post a video on what you are seeing?
2017-10-13
Use props
NewsFlight24
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-13 07:04
Hi Brian, Just to make sure we are on the same page, let's start off with the Assistant 2 Software. You would want to make sure to update any firmware requirements.  What concerns specifically do you have on navigating the Assistant 2 Software?  Are you getting any warning signals?

Hello Mark, thanks for your reply.

Yesterday I downloaded the update V02.03.00.00 to the Crystal Sky, and connected the Crystal Sky to the UAV. it was not clear in the documentation what systems were affected by this update.

My only issue is that the Assistant2 App only gives instructions on how to connect an Inspire 2. no mention of the M200 series. Assuming that the Connection is the same for the M210 RTK, I have connected the M210RTK to my PC via the supplied USB cable, and it connected!

I've downloaded the V.1.0.0.22 firmware version and uploaded it to the UAV. "Success".

I disconnected the UAV form the PC and power cycled the UAV. I have not powered up the Cedence RC or Crystal Sky monitor.

Thank you.

The X5S continues to pan left and right, with the camera tilted to one side.

2017-10-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

NewsFlight24 Posted at 2017-10-13 08:05
Hello Mark, thanks for your reply.

Yesterday I downloaded the update V02.03.00.00 to the Crystal Sky, and connected the Crystal Sky to the UAV. it was not clear in the documentation what systems were affected by this update.

The DJI CrystalSky is compatible with any of the following DJI drones:
Mavic Pro
Phantom Series
Matrice Series
Inspire Series
Osmo Series (but not Mobile)

It is also compatible with the Cendence controller. Do you have the Pilot App on your Crystal Sky Monitor? If not, try a different type of monitor. You will need to download the Pilot App that you can get here: http://www.dji.com/matrice-200-series/info#downloads
2017-10-13
Use props
NewsFlight24
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-13 07:07
When you say after the update, what steps did you take before then? Can you do a visual inspection of your gimbal make sure that it is installed properly? Did you complete any calibrations through  the Assistant 2 Software as well as firmware updates? Can you post a video on what you are seeing?

The only steps taken before the firmware update for the M210 RTK was an update to the Z30 camera which seems to have worked.

I can not see any options in the Assistant2 App to calibrate anything.

I have removed and re-attached the Gimbal and it seems to be installed properly in the Gimbal I position.

I have posted an unlisted Youtube video here:

2017-10-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

NewsFlight24 Posted at 2017-10-13 08:20
The only steps taken before the firmware update for the M210 RTK was an update to the Z30 camera which seems to have worked.

I can not see any options in the Assistant2 App to calibrate anything.

Please read the previous response as this aircraft needs the Pilot App as well as a possible different monitor. I did not find any information where the Crystal Sky was compatible with this device.
2017-10-13
Use props
NewsFlight24
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-13 08:14
The DJI CrystalSky is compatible with any of the following DJI drones:
Mavic Pro
Phantom Series

Hello Mark. Thank you.

The Crystal Sky came with both the DJI GO 4 and DJI Pilot App installed. I believe that update to version V02.03.00.00 updated both Apps to their latest versions.

is there any reason for me to have DJI GO 4 App installed on the Crystal Sky screen if I will ONLY be using it EXCLUSIVELY with the M210?

BC
2017-10-13
Use props
NewsFlight24
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-13 08:25
Please read the previous response as this aircraft needs the Pilot App as well as a possible different monitor. I did not find any information where the Crystal Sky was compatible with this device.

Hi Mark,

to be clear, You're telling me that you can not confirm the Crystal Sky is compatible with M210 RTK, but you said it IS compatible with the "Matrice Series". wouldn't that include the M210 RTK?

Also, The Crystal Sky Monitor I'm using was shipped in the same box as the M210 RTK and Cedence RC. how could it not be compatible?

Thank you
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

NewsFlight24 Posted at 2017-10-13 08:32
Hi Mark,

to be clear, You're telling me that you can not confirm the Crystal Sky is compatible with M210 RTK, but you said it IS compatible with the "Matrice Series". wouldn't that include the M210 RTK?

I am sorry, there is quite a bit of information out there. If you have the Pilot App installed on your Crystal Sky, you would be fine. This is especially true if you were shipped with both. At this point, if your camera is moving back and forth as such, you may want to try to refresh the software which can be done through the Assistant 2 Software.
2017-10-13
Use props
NewsFlight24
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-13 08:39
I am sorry, there is quite a bit of information out there. If you have the Pilot App installed on your Crystal Sky, you would be fine. This is especially true if you were shipped with both. At this point, if your camera is moving back and forth as such, you may want to try to refresh the software which can be done through the Assistant 2 Software.

Hi Mark, i did the refresh on the previous video with negative results.

whew can i find options to "calibrate" in the Assistant2 software? my experience was shown in the video i posted. i cant see any options to calibrate.

Thanks
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

NewsFlight24 Posted at 2017-10-13 10:04
Hi Mark, i did the refresh on the previous video with negative results.

whew can i find options to "calibrate" in the Assistant2 software? my experience was shown in the video i posted. i cant see any options to calibrate.

Please refer to page 19 in this link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
2017-10-13
Use props
Skee
lvl.1
Sweden

Im having the same issue and there is two other threads on this forum about the same issue.

my problem arised after connecting it to DJI assistant 2 and some inconsistent firmware thing.
2017-10-14
Use props
Skee
lvl.1
Sweden

2017-10-14
Use props
SkyhookImagery
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Mark,

I got an inconsistent firmware error and a prompt to update the firmware.  After I did the update, the X5S started moving side to side like Brian and Skee's videos.  I got hold of an X4S and a Z30 and these cameras worked fine.

I have tried refreshing the firmware, restoring factory defaults and auto calibrating gimbal.  None of these worked.  My X5S was working fine before I did the update after the inconsistent firmware error.
2017-10-15
Use props
DF-FIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6119 ft
  • >>>
Finland

SkyhookImagery Posted at 2017-10-15 00:46
Hi Mark,

I got an inconsistent firmware error and a prompt to update the firmware.  After I did the update, the X5S started moving side to side like Brian and Skee's videos.  I got hold of an X4S and a Z30 and these cameras worked fine.

HI

I have the same in progress.

Today earlier everything was fine, not a single issue. Suddenly before taking of first time, first remote started to beep and said "center stick". I then calibrated them. When this was done, I got an sensor calibration error and did that. When I finally thought I was good to go, software update was needed. And finally "inconsistant battery version" error occured.

I just wonder how a client buying M200 series system can ever manage this kind of setup on their own. This is why I never sell "on the shelf" type drones unless the client is very experienced and understand drone field.
2017-10-15
Use props
SkyhookImagery
lvl.2
Australia

SkyhookImagery Posted at 2017-10-15 00:46
Hi Mark,

An update on this... through the company that I purchased the M210 RTK from, DJI provided DJI Assistant 2 logon details which allowed me to install some different firmware and then downgrade back to the current firmware (V1.0.0303).  This sorted out the issue with the X5S.

I would suggest that you contact DJI directly for this solution if you are not already in contact with them.  
2017-10-16
Use props
fansd9d1577e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30499 ft
  • >>>
United States

SkyhookImagery Posted at 2017-10-16 16:53
An update on this... through the company that I purchased the M210 RTK from, DJI provided DJI Assistant 2 logon details which allowed me to install some different firmware and then downgrade back to the current firmware (V1.0.0303).  This sorted out the issue with the X5S.

I would suggest that you contact DJI directly for this solution if you are not already in contact with them.

I have this same issue with a client m210 RTK.  Has anyone found a solution besides the Inspire 2 trick which does not seem to work any longer.

2017-11-7
Use props
NewsFlight24
lvl.1
Canada

just an update... no update here. still can not use X5S with M210 RTK.

Let's go DJI!
2017-11-9
Use props
Skee
lvl.1
Sweden

Have you mailed DJI directly.

here is what my response was and it helped.

For the issue about X5S swing, please login DJI Assistant2 with the account  m200test@163.com using the password  m200test123
After the camera is mounted to the aircraft, update the firmware to V01.01.0310. After the successful update, please download the firmware to V01.01.0303 and the issue will be fixed.
2017-11-14
Use props
djiuser_er7L4th
New

United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-13 08:39

Mark,

As a moderator of a DJI forum with the DJI username, I would think you could do more than Google for answers.  When we ask questions like this, we expect answers that are correct.  It's clear you are not up-to-speed when you say things like Crystal Sky is not compatible with the M210.
2017-11-17
Use props
ZDMinister
lvl.1

United States

Had this same issue.  Unboxed the unit today, and fumbled hard with assistant on iMac.  App kept crashing. After couple hours of this, uninstalling and reinstalling, I could finally begin to communicate with bird. Ran updates, updates kept failing, finally got one to run and be successful. Then my gimbal starts to swing to and fro, constantly. Read this forum and decided to opt for factory defaults. I did...gimbal kept swinging. Ran. First suggested update, firmware to v01.01.0410 which told me to make sure I updated the z30 too, which I still don’t have yet. Ran anyway. 20 minutes later, successful update with no gimbal movement like befor...though I have no idea if I’ll really be able to fly the bird tomorrow.  At this point I feel like I’m throwing a bunch of mud against the wall and hope something sticks.
2017-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules