OSX 10.12.6 can not connect or update
871 11 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
groggu
New
United States

I'm pretty frustrated at DJI and thier need to update my firmware.  I can not update from my iPhone, I can not update from my Mac.  Using the controller and my phone, the update has always failed (and sends a report to DJI that is never responded to), my Mac can not see the Mavic as a USB device and the assistant program never moves beyond the startup screen.  When I fly the Mavic I am now told that I'm limited to 50' and I can not do anything to update the device or fix this.  What do I do?  Do I need to go by a windows box to update my $1000 toy??

Help!

Greg
2017-9-20
Use props
groggu
New
United States

Just as an additional note here - I have tried to update this Mavic many times since I purchased it in May 2017.  Previously I was willing to let it lay, but now that I'm limited in my use, I'm hopping mad. I'd be willing to exchange it for an updated unit, but will not send it in for "repair" when it's not broken - basically disabled by DJI's ineptitude. As part of my job, I upgrade firmware all the time and I have never seen a system as poor as the one supplied by DJI.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Did you see any error messages when the upgrade failed on your drone? If yes, what is that? Besides, if your drone can not be recognized by your Mac, it could be the driver's issue, please try another USB cable, note that you have to power on the drone after connecting your PC. For the limit, if you run the old firmware with the drone but latest version app, it will show you will be limited but actually will not. But please update your firmware first then let's check.
2017-9-20
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Are you using the USB cable that came with the RC?
2017-9-20
Use props
groggu
New
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-9-20 19:56
Are you using the USB cable that came with the RC?

Yes, and I've also tried 2 others.  No luck on any of them.
2017-9-21
Use props
groggu
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-20 19:11
Did you see any error messages when the upgrade failed on your drone? If yes, what is that? Besides, if your drone can not be recognized by your Mac, it could be the driver's issue, please try another USB cable, note that you have to power on the drone after connecting your PC. For the limit, if you run the old firmware with the drone but latest version app, it will show you will be limited but actually will not. But please update your firmware first then let's check.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZE-fP28htI&index=9&t=53s&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX

I'll run the upgrade again tonight and try to get a screen shot. I'm curious, every time the upgrade fails the DJI app claims that it's reporting the issue to DJI and I should have an solution sent to my inbox, but I never get any email on it.  Am I looking in the wrong place?
2017-9-21
Use props
groggu
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-20 19:11
Did you see any error messages when the upgrade failed on your drone? If yes, what is that? Besides, if your drone can not be recognized by your Mac, it could be the driver's issue, please try another USB cable, note that you have to power on the drone after connecting your PC. For the limit, if you run the old firmware with the drone but latest version app, it will show you will be limited but actually will not. But please update your firmware first then let's check.

My Mavic is basically bricked now.  It complains about module mismatches.  I tried to update it again this morning and here is the error message I get after 20 minutes...
IMG_1196.PNG
2017-9-21
Use props
groggu
New
United States

I think I found a solution... Based on an article on the MavicPilots site, I formatted the SD card from the controller (didn't even know you could do that) and ran the install again from the DJI Go app.  And you know what? It worked. The upgrade completed.  I haven't had a chance to fly yet, but I'm more hopeful that the issue is resolved!
2017-9-22
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

groggu Posted at 2017-9-22 09:29
I think I found a solution... Based on an article on the MavicPilots site, I formatted the SD card from the controller (didn't even know you could do that) and ran the install again from the DJI Go app.  And you know what? It worked. The upgrade completed.  I haven't had a chance to fly yet, but I'm more hopeful that the issue is resolved!

Huh, interesting to read. Thanks for posting that tip and glad you're back in the game! Wonder if there was some unexpected junk on the card that confused the updater?
2017-9-22
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

I had a similar issue with the last update.  I tried to use Assistant 2 to accomplish the update and every time I plugged the Mavic into the PC, it would blue screen.  I have never had a blue screen on this machine (over 3 years).  I tried plugging the memory card into my PC without the mavic and still blue screen.  I was using a Samsung high speed 64Gb card and I fineally came to the conclusion that the card was bad.  Started using an old 16Gb card but it still didn't work.  The only way I got the update to take was to update through the GO4 app.  I sent the 64Gb card back to Samsung and got a replacement.  I inserted the new card and formatted in the Mavic.  I ran Assistant 2 and plugged in the Mavic and it came up and updated to 1.04.0000 just fine.  In the end, I'm not sure whether it was the Assistant program/drivers, the memory card or I don't know what else.  It's working great now.  As a side note, whenever I updated with assistant when it was working before, the memory card never showed up as a storage device on my PC ( while mounted in the Mavic).  Now, whenever I plug in the Mavic, the memory card shows up as a storage device.  Screwy!
2017-9-22
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

Groggu - How did you format the SD card from the RC?
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

groggu Posted at 2017-9-21 06:24
My Mavic is basically bricked now.  It complains about module mismatches.  I tried to update it again this morning and here is the error message I get after 20 minutes...
[view_image]

I saw your error message, please leave me your DJI email account to push a beta for you to upgrade first, then upgrade to the latest.
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules