Only allowed 100' up, and 100' out today?
1613 5 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rceeguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 267172 ft
United States

[size=14.666666984558105px]I am a Part 107 commercial operator. I was doing a real estate job with my Inspire 1 V1. I used an iPad 2 Cellular, but I don't have it connected to AT&T. I turned on the transmitter, then the Inspire, then the iPad. Before I even opened DJI GO, I got a message that said something about can't connect to Auto????, need to register or can't register with DJI and a few more words in the message which I don't remember. I just hit the Home button on the iPad, and it went away. I then opened DJI GO and all was good. No indications I needed to update anything. I am on the latest firmware V 1.11.01.50, Controller V 1.7.80, App 3.1.15. When I put the bird up, it only allowed me to go to a 100' altitude and 100' distance. I was out in the country not near anything. When I got back home, I used all the same equipment, and I had no restrictions. I went up to 400', and out over 1000' with no issue, and there I am 4 miles from an unmanned, no tower small airport. I get the message indicating that, and I close it and fly. Any ideas of what caused that?
2017-9-20
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

The firmware release notes has the answers you are looking for, you should make a habit of reading them each time you do an update.

Mark G.
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Are you sure the drone was not allowed to fly 100' altitude and 100' distance? We suggest to log out your DJI account and log in again, then remain it. If there is any further question, please keep us updated, thanks. release note.png
2017-9-21
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too have had this same exact issue.  I check and I was logged in to the GO App.  It was intermittent would do it a few flights then fly fine for a few flights.  FYI this is a stupid feature for anyone that just wants to go fly for fun and not use the camera.  People have been flying RC aircraft for years with no iPhone app needed.  I do not think this feature is needed.  
2017-9-22
Use props
fansdc9903f4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

Problem is the 3.1.15 app has a glitch in it. Sometimes logging out and back in will fix the problem. If not delete  the app and reinstall then log out then back in. If problem is still there  open the app last in the start up sequence  and restart it after a battery change after the bird is powered on.
2017-9-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

fansdc9903f4 Posted at 2017-9-22 23:17
Problem is the 3.1.15 app has a glitch in it. Sometimes logging out and back in will fix the problem. If not delete  the app and reinstall then log out then back in. If problem is still there  open the app last in the start up sequence  and restart it after a battery change after the bird is powered on.

The reason logging  back in to go app  solves the issue sometimes is if members updated their  go app before updating their AC and RC .  If you update the AC then the RC and then lastly the go app and Sign in  to the go app as instructed in the Release notes , You should be fine .  This anomaly seems to occur when the go app is updated first ( before AC and RC ) and then members are not signing in to the go app .

Hope this helps

donnie
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules