Mavic maintenance
4264 13 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MariaEvri
lvl.2
Cyprus

Hello all, still new to drone flying and I;m loving it so far
I need advice on general maintenance, for example what I need to clean before/after each flight, what do I look out for, those kinds of things. Cameras need their censors cleaned, cars need their oils changed, what does the mavic need?
Thanks all!
2017-9-20
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

So long as you have not had a crash or hit anything then you just need to check that the Mavic is clean, the arms are not loose, the propellers do not have any nicks and are clean and installed firmly. Also make sure battery connections both on the Mavic and batteries are clean.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It is not recommended cleaning the drone by water, if there is a dirt on the body, use a tissue or cotton pad for assistance. Remember to remove the gimbal lock before a flight and wear it when carrying it. For the battery maintenance, we have a tutorial for your reference, you can also get more safety tips here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBOmkQQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r
2017-9-20
Use props
MariaEvri
lvl.2
Cyprus

thanks all
2017-9-21
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Remove the props once in a while and inspect that the plastic locking mechanism is not broken on the prop. Reinstall and make sure they sit firm.
2017-9-21
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Check DJI app for any needed callibrations (sensors, imu, gimbal, compasses, gimball, etc)
2017-9-22
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Someone suggested using caned air to blow out around the battery connectors both on the battery and Mavic. And check the connectors for corrosion.
2017-9-22
Use props
MariaEvri
lvl.2
Cyprus

thanks all.
  will this do or does it need something more powerful?
2017-9-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ya no real maintenance needed..  

just get a blower,  i have a 150 PSi shop air compressor, for cleaning my mavic 150PSi shouldn't hurt anything but i turn off the compressor at 50 PSi and use a blower tip.. and spray out the vents... but you can use air cans or whatever if you want..

wipe cleaning: i suggest using micro fiber clothes and get them damp not soaking wet or dripping wet, just warm and moist and wipe it down... use separate micro fiber cloth for the glass camera lens so you dont transfer debris like sand and scuff up the glass lens..(you be amazed how easy it is for basically invisible sand caught in fibers to scuff the glass up forever)

check the arms and props for damage.. simple as it sounds.. shouldn't be any cracks or separation..

check motors hold the props and wiggle the motor, i found one of my motors was ever so slightly loose on the blade wiggled just smallest amount, the quick release plate wasn't tightened all the way down, i quickly fixed that, so that's on the list now to check..

check to make sure nothing is broken elsewhere like no prop cracks or missing prop teeth where it quick releases..

finally check all sensors, make sure clear or cleaned.. or at least enough that they are completely operations and dont have water spots on them or streaks or debris.. if they so, use a little bit of air to remove debris and clean the obstacle cameras/VPS cameras.. with microfiber cloth..

interval to do this: no set standard.. just as needed, or during preflight checks or every few months if otherwise maintained well..

2017-9-22
Use props
MariaEvri
lvl.2
Cyprus

great thanks!
2017-9-24
Use props
djiuser_IaQPNLat3haa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 590974 ft

Please be careful to NOT used an air compressor without a filter, compressed air cans are safer and "cleaner"

There is a "high risk" of oil carried over from air used direct from a compressor, must have a good quality coalescing filter fitted if you do it this way.
2018-4-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_IaQPNLat3haa Posted at 2018-4-11 23:07
Please be careful to NOT used an air compressor without a filter, compressed air cans are safer and "cleaner"

There is a "high risk" of oil carried over from air used direct from a compressor, must have a good quality coalescing filter fitted if you do it this way.

compressed air cans are safer and "cleaner"

Having experience with cleaning disk drive heads, I can say that compressed air cans often leave a residue.  Around lens, it is best to stick with a puffer bulb.

Cleanest large air supply you can easily get is from Scuba diving tanks.  With tank air run through 1st-stage regulator to get pressure down to where it can be further regulated on down.

2018-4-11
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-11 23:19
compressed air cans are safer and "cleaner"

Having experience with cleaning disk drive heads, I can say that compressed air cans often leave a residue.  Around lens, it is best to stick with a puffer bulb.

Agreed.  I've worked with Compressors and high pressure air systems for many years.  Unless your system has an Air Drier system installed, don't use a Gas station type of compressor.  You will get bits of oil and moisture sprayed into your parts.  That's why they install drain valves on the bottom of the air tanks in gas stations.  To drain the moisture out.  High pressure systems do not have drain valves on the tanks because they've already had the moisture/oil removed.  
2018-4-12
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143757 ft
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-20 23:48
It is not recommended cleaning the drone by water, if there is a dirt on the body, use a tissue or cotton pad for assistance. Remember to remove the gimbal lock before a flight and wear it when carrying it. For the battery maintenance, we have a tutorial for your reference, you can also get more safety tips here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist ... QQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... L-uRBZsP43-r&t=158s

thanks for tutorial
2018-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules