Cheers Cetacean
2017-9-26
Use props
jackodogandroid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60371 ft
United States

I finely pulled the trigger!
Sheild K1 Tablet, dnloaded go4 app, did rc update, ac update, and flew great!!!! the only problem i see is auto takeoff flies up to about 25ft and slowly desends
I FEEL LUCKY
I bought my phantom4 on 3/16/2016 from apple
2017-9-26
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

jackodogandroid Posted at 2017-9-26 04:21
Sheild K1 Tablet, dnloaded go4 app, did rc update, ac update, and flew great!!!! the only problem i see is auto takeoff flies up to about 25ft and slowly desends
I FEEL LUCKY

Did you have the typical problems with the device you had before?
2017-9-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jackodogandroid Posted at 2017-9-26 04:21
I FEEL LUCKY

"the only problem i see is auto takeoff flies up to about 25ft and slowly desends "

You could always try calibrating the VPS sensors, that may help.
2017-9-26
Use props
jackodogandroid
lvl.4
United States

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-9-26 04:59
Did you have the typical problems with the device you had before?

i have only had the sheild tablet, one for ph4 and one for ph3 pro
2017-9-26
Use props
jackodogandroid
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-26 06:03
"the only problem i see is auto takeoff flies up to about 25ft and slowly desends "

You could always try calibrating the VPS sensors, that may help.

that is the only thing i have not done yet, thanks!
2017-9-26
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
United States

jackodogandroid Posted at 2017-9-26 06:20
i have only had the sheild tablet, one for ph4 and one for ph3 pro

Yeah I was wondering if you had problems with version 106 prior to getting your new tablet.
2017-9-26
Use props
jackodogandroid
lvl.4
United States

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-9-26 08:10
Yeah I was wondering if you had problems with version 106 prior to getting your new tablet.

I HAVE HAD THE K1 TABLETS SINCE MARCH 2016 ONLY USB CABLE PROBLEMS.
THIS FIRMWARE IS MY 1ST SENCE MAY OF 2017
2017-9-26
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
United States

jackodogandroid Posted at 2017-9-26 09:49
I HAVE HAD THE K1 TABLETS SINCE MARCH 2016 ONLY USB CABLE PROBLEMS.
THIS FIRMWARE IS MY 1ST SENCE MAY OF 2017

I misunderstood your post. I thought you meant that you pulled the trigger on a new K1 tablet and that's what got you flying good again.  I'm watching all of these posts closely since V106 totally jacked up my P4. I've rolled back to 602 and it's good again but recently tried 106 again and it still is bad. So back to 602....again.
2017-9-26
Use props
Andresestepona
lvl.1
Spain

I have updated DJI to the latest version of asistant 2, firmware and rc, when flying with the iPad Mini 2 I continue with black, green, pixel screen and signal loss.
I tried with a new iPad pro that lent me and it goes much better, with less cuts in the video.
My question is: Is the problem the tablet or should it go well with the iPad 2 Mini? I want to be sure before I spend my money on an iPad pro.
Thank you.
2017-9-26
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

This thread = tl;dr.

However, I think I get the gist - here's a summary of my experiences of late:

I purchased my P4 standard in early July, 2016 from the local NZ DJI distributor. They installed a new camera in October, 2016 as the original had a soft focus issue at the centre of the image.

After updating to the July firmware I had NO flight control issues, only the camera reset issue. The September beta seems to have resolved that issue, without impacting negatively on the flight controls.

I use an NVidia Shield K1 tablet. DJI Go 4 updates from early 2017 had negatively impacted the app's performance on the tablet. However, during July 2017 the DJI Go updates have resolved that and the app is now stable on the K1.

I'm only hoping once the beta merges into an actual firmware update, no negative impact will be discovered. Right now, I'm happy with my drone's performance.
2017-9-26
Use props
Dj Mike
New
Flight distance : 3066598 ft
Romania

Update keeps stoping at 55%
• Remote Controller Firmware: v1.9.3.0
• DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.1.10
2017-9-26
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-22 01:19
Aloha Jock,

The Aircraft Fw v. 106 does not have a problem.  Therefore, there is no Aircraft Firmware problem for DJI to be responsible for.  AC Fw v. 106 works just fine.

"The Aircraft Fw v. 106 does not have a problem. Therefore, there is no Firmware problem for DJI to be responsible for."

Interesting to see that DJI has now released a beta to fix the shaking problem in addition to the firmware that had already released for the video issues.  Hopefully this might fix the problems that have been causing so much grief for many posters.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=219567
2017-10-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

JockC Posted at 2017-10-10 20:57
"The Aircraft Fw v. 106 does not have a problem. Therefore, there is no Firmware problem for DJI to be responsible for."

Interesting to see that DJI has now released a beta to fix the shaking problem in addition to the firmware that had already released for the video issues.  Hopefully this might fix the problems that have been causing so much grief for many posters.

Aloha Jock,

Hopefully.  Everyone deserves a Phantom that flies right.  If DJI says there is a problem, then there is a problem.  But really, if you think about it, trying to help DJI identify and solve problems is a lot better than just complaining that there is a problem.  If there is a problem, after a while, DJI knows about it already no matter how large or small.  Ten people or one hundred people, it does not matter how many people are complaining, DJI knows about it and they are working as hard as they can to reaolve the problem.  If you or anyone works hard to help DJI solve the problem, it is better for everyone.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-10
Use props
Jim 100
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176535 ft
United States

Just to add to this thread. I have an early P4 January 2016. Bird has flown fine up until the 106 update and i get front and downward position errors. I have used the latest assistant on multiple PCs. I MacBook Pro a dell precision workstation.  Windows 7 Pro. Windows 10 with no success.  It installs and says it’s successfull but the errors return every time.  Calibrated the sensors too and the errors return.  I do believe it may be due to slight hardware revisions throughout the production year and maybe 106 has a problem with the older hardware. The AC fly’s aggressive. Too  aggressive my opinion. Downward and forward sensors fail. I’ve been in the IT field a long time and upgraded firmware on many machines but never encountered anything like this. If I could roll back my firmware I would because right now it’s a crash waiting to happen and a paperweight.
2017-10-15
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Jim 100 Posted at 2017-10-15 15:02
Just to add to this thread. I have an early P4 January 2016. Bird has flown fine up until the 106 update and i get front and downward position errors. I have used the latest assistant on multiple PCs. I MacBook Pro a dell precision workstation.  Windows 7 Pro. Windows 10 with no success.  It installs and says it’s successfull but the errors return every time.  Calibrated the sensors too and the errors return.  I do believe it may be due to slight hardware revisions throughout the production year and maybe 106 has a problem with the older hardware. The AC fly’s aggressive. Too  aggressive my opinion. Downward and forward sensors fail. I’ve been in the IT field a long time and upgraded firmware on many machines but never encountered anything like this. If I could roll back my firmware I would because right now it’s a crash waiting to happen and a paperweight.

106 was a nightmare for many people including myself.   The lack of acknowledgement from a DJI that a problem even existed wasn’t helpful nor was the  insistence by one poster in this thread that there were no problems at all  with the firmware and that anyone experiencing problems with their drone only had themselves to blame because they hadn’t installed it correctly. That claim almost certainly caused many people to waste a considerable amount of time reinstalling the firmware with no benefit.
It seems that .600 may now have solved the problems and I’m sure that many people are anxiously awaiting its formal release.  That new firmware may repair the flight problems but I suspect that, for many, it may take a great deal more than that to repair the lost faith in DJI.
2017-10-16
Use props
Jim 100
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176535 ft
United States

JockC Posted at 2017-10-16 13:14
106 was a nightmare for many people including myself.   The lack of acknowledgement from a DJI that a problem even existed wasn’t helpful nor was the  insistence by one poster in this thread that there were no problems at all  with the firmware and that anyone experiencing problems with their drone only had themselves to blame because they hadn’t installed it correctly. That claim almost certainly caused many people to waste a considerable amount of time reinstalling the firmware with no benefit.
It seems that .600 may now have solved the problems and I’m sure that many people are anxiously awaiting its formal release.  That new firmware may repair the flight problems but I suspect that, for many, it may take a great deal more than that to repair the lost faith in DJI.

I sent a PM to DJI Susan hoping I could get the previous firmware.  If I could at least roll back I can be functioning again and also if successful it will prove on my end anyway that it was the firmware .  I mean how else can you explain it was working fine, updated the firmware and it goes south after that (no pun intended)  Hopefully I can get the previous firmware from Susan.  I have wasted numerous days and evenings with various pc's trying and I end up with the same results same errors every time.  They need to at least allow a provision for a roll back to the previous version to give us a chance to take a step back when there's a problem.  I had to purchase another drone just to complete a job I scheduled.
2017-10-16
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
United States

Jim 100 Posted at 2017-10-16 13:27
I sent a PM to DJI Susan hoping I could get the previous firmware.  If I could at least roll back I can be functioning again and also if successful it will prove on my end anyway that it was the firmware .  I mean how else can you explain it was working fine, updated the firmware and it goes south after that (no pun intended)  Hopefully I can get the previous firmware from Susan.  I have wasted numerous days and evenings with various pc's trying and I end up with the same results same errors every time.  They need to at least allow a provision for a roll back to the previous version to give us a chance to take a step back when there's a problem.  I had to purchase another drone just to complete a job I scheduled.

They won't send you the previous version .0602 so don't get your hopes up. There's a reason they pulled it from prior version downloads. That would have made it simple for them (and us) if it still was available. I've been running the 600 Beta version and my P4 flies like it used to again and it sounds like they're ready to kick off the final version very soon. If you really want version .0602, you can always download it via 3rd party software. I did that and it worked fine but I'd rather have the official version.
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules