Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Do I really have to pay for shipping a defect drone?
1451 5 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansaf3f3d20
lvl.1
Norway

Hi.

I bought my drone in beginning of May this year. And almost from the start I had problems with jello/shaky lines on the footage. In the beginning it was only from time to time but after a while it started to become more and more prominent, going on for minutes some times. No, this does not only happen when its windy. I ended up contacting support to send it in but then I realized it would cost me 85euro to do so. So I contacted DJI again and they suggested sending it in with a local supplier. So I contacted the local supplier and they have a repair shop in Norway, but they do not fix gimble problems...

So I am back to start, but still not willing to pay 85euro for a problem that was not caused by me. On top of this now, one of the batteries has started to glow on the two middle lights and blinking from time to time. Impossible to turn off, or to drain. Its been two days now and it still glows. This happened once I tried to update the firmware and it was unable to finish it because of low battery. I thought I would have enough battery because I know I should not update unless I have 50% battery, but the update took about 20 minutes  so it ended up under 50% I assume. So now I can use all the other batteries just fine, but this one gives me an impossible error that says I should update firmware because of some inconsistent firmware. But when I try to update I get an error that the battery is lower than 50% and its impossible to charge so what am I supposed to do? I am of course not sending the battery in for 85euro! I am not willing to send the battery in with my local supplier either as they charge me 25euro for the hassle since I didn’t buy it with them.

So I am writing here now hoping to get an answer from anyone what the warranty rights I got. It seems that DJI want me to put the money on the table unless I buy the DJI care. Which I find rediculous. Any other product would from the start provide that kind of service to their customers. Do DJI not care about keeping their customers?

But after talking to support a couple of times I managed to come to a half-decent solution: The European support centre seems to be in The Netherlands and I am by chance going to Amsterdam today so I am considering bringing the drone with me, and the support said I can send it from there and they will return it to Norway. Which is an improvemen, but I am sure it will cost a substantial amount anyway. Don’t you have any system for paying back this money?

This has been giving me a lot of hassle the past months, not to mention all the trips I have been unable to use the drone on. I am giving DJI now a last oportunity to step up and provide me a solution that I can live with.

Best regards
Ivar Braathen

2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the experience with our product, what is the model of your drone? Is it Mavic?
For these two issues you encountered, we suggest to send in for evaluation, the repair will be covered by warranty if there is malfunction.
As for shipping fee, sorry that we are unable to provide shipping label to your location, it will be a good choice to send in from Amsterdam.
Our repair center will take good care of it when it arrives, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-9-21
Use props
fansaf3f3d20
lvl.1
Norway

Thanks for quick answer Mindy. Its Mavic Pro. Do you know if you are working on including Norway in your shipping label location? It kinda sucks to be a customer outside of that. If I buy the DJI Care then are you able to provide me a shipping label? And just so I got this right: If you could send me the label the shipping would be free?

Ivar
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

fansaf3f3d20 Posted at 2017-9-21 03:14
Thanks for quick answer Mindy. Its Mavic Pro. Do you know if you are working on including Norway in your shipping label location? It kinda sucks to be a customer outside of that. If I buy the DJI Care then are you able to provide me a shipping label? And just so I got this right: If you could send me the label the shipping would be free?

Ivar

I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, there is no additional information on that point. Please consider what Mindy is suggesting which is consider shipping to Amsterdam.
2017-9-21
Use props
fansaf3f3d20
lvl.1
Norway

And I am going to ship it from Amsterdam. But I live in norway and wonder if I can get a label sent there in the case of a future problem if I buy the DJI care?
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansaf3f3d20 Posted at 2017-9-21 10:57
And I am going to ship it from Amsterdam. But I live in norway and wonder if I can get a label sent there in the case of a future problem if I buy the DJI care?

We are confirming with DJI Care Team, since it is weekend now, we will come back to you on Monday, appreciate your patience.
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules