United Kingdom

When is the DJI Go app Android new version coming out so we can use quick shot
2017-9-21
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

The latest app version is 4.1.6 in the release notes it incorporates Dynamic Home Point & Quick Shot, can't verify since I haven't flown since updating.
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry, we do not have a time frame, but I think it will be available soon. Besides, the Quickshot is available for iOS already, you can use it with an iOS device.
2017-9-21
Use props
Chrasher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1145472 ft
Netherlands

Just got a new update on the Android store.  It still says v4.1.9, but after installing I checked the version number in the app (settings) and it says version 4.1.10.  Started my remote and Mavic up (with latest 1.04.000 firmware) and quickshot is available now in flight modes.  Also I've seen the dynamic home point option in the drone settings.  

Haven't flown yet (it's in the evening here), but I hope to check it out tomorrow.   Can't wait to try the new options out.
2017-9-21
Use props
djiuser_Cbc8tuJ
lvl.1
United States

Will the new app update work with .700 FW on the Mavic?
2017-9-21
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Diana - are you at least confirming that an android update that allows us to use Quickshots is coming?   

Please say yes.  Having an iOS version is of no use to those of us that have no interest in overpaying for an iCrap device.  (Yes, I'm a little frustrated here, so I'm sorry for my attitude.)

LP
2017-9-21
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Chrasher Posted at 2017-9-21 09:57
Just got a new update on the Android store.  It still says v4.1.9, but after installing I checked the version number in the app (settings) and it says version 4.1.10.  Started my remote and Mavic up (with latest 1.04.000 firmware) and quickshot is available now in flight modes.  Also I've seen the dynamic home point option in the drone settings.  

Haven't flown yet (it's in the evening here), but I hope to check it out tomorrow.   Can't wait to try the new options out.

Where are you?  What country?

LP
2017-9-21
Use props
Ricardo Rey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39098 ft
Brazil

I just received an email from DJI support saying that there is no update for Android and that version 4.1.9 is the last one. {:4_154:}
2017-9-21
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

They might have meant 'the latest' one...who knows.  Language barriers.

LP
2017-9-21
Use props
Ricardo Rey
lvl.1
Brazil

I just did it, nothing else has changed
Not QuickShot
2017-9-21
Use props
Ricardo Rey
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-21 03:53
Sorry, we do not have a time frame, but I think it will be available soon. Besides, the Quickshot is available for iOS already, you can use it with an iOS device.

Of course! I'm going to the corner store to buy a $ 1,000.00 iPhone to use QuickShot! Thanks DJI for respecting Android users!
2017-9-21
Use props
Chrasher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1145472 ft
Netherlands

LeafPeeper Posted at 2017-9-21 15:07
Where are you?  What country?

LP

I'm in the Netherlands.  Seems to me that the Android store updates are all over the place again.  If I check my latest downloaded version on the store now it says v.1.04.10 (same as the version number in the app), but I'm 100% sure when I updated it said 1.04.09 ??

Is it Google?  Does it depend on the Android version?  Is it Dji?  or both ?   These random updates are going on for some time now (same with earlier versions). So I would say have patience and wait a few days..  
2017-9-21
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

LeafPeeper Posted at 2017-9-21 15:02
Diana - are you at least confirming that an android update that allows us to use Quickshots is coming?   

Please say yes.  Having an iOS version is of no use to those of us that have no interest in overpaying for an iCrap device.  (Yes, I'm a little frustrated here, so I'm sorry for my attitude.)

Be nice...

I have not seen any Apple users, making negative statements about your android devices and software. In fact, very few Apple users have problems with the devices and software.
I don't know if you, Android users, are aware, but every Android device manufacturer modifies the Android/Google OS software to some unknown extent for thier own devices and some device manufacturers don't update their device software in a timely fashion or in some cases at all, to the most current Android/Google OS. I had an Android phone once that could not be update beyond it's orginal issue OS and the phone manufacturer refuse to make updates to its products.  In addition, the Google Play store, which maintains the apps used on Android devices does not monitor what changes each phone or tablet manufacturer makes to Android's OS that is running on their devices. Nor do the app developers know what changes have been made to the Android OS by the device manufacturer so how can they develop an app that will work smoothly on every modified Android device. Becuse of that, it makes sense that software/hardware/OS compatibility issues occure on Android devices.

Say what you want about "overpriced iCrap devices" but since Apple developes their own iOS to run on their own hardware, there isn't the compatibility issue with the OS nor the apps they allow to running on their apple devices. I can feel your frustration. I have been there.
2017-9-22
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Same here... first used Android device to fly, after a few app updates troubles started... switch to iOS to be a happy flyer... The latest app updates for Android are getting better, a few day ago I was able to fly without any problems for about 15 minutes... before the app crashed within a few minutes after take-off...

No Quickshot for Android at the moment, we have to wait until app update to 4.1.10...
2017-9-22
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Locoman Posted at 2017-9-22 23:10
Be nice...

I have not seen any Apple users, making negative statements about your android devices and software. In fact, very few Apple users have problems with the devices and software.

Thanks for the lecture Dad, but no.

We're not talking about a $50 toy drone here.  DJI products represent a considerable investment to many of us.  Nowhere does DJI specify that we have to spend another $500 to $1000 to buy an Apple device in order to use all the MP features.  If they are going to sell it as supporting Android, then it is their responsibility to support it - or state which devices they support.  I SPECIFICALLY bought a device they listed as supported to ensure I would stay within that realm.  All I asked for was confirmation that the update was coming, and it was evoked by a response from a DJI rep that suggested that we could buy an Apple.

LP
2017-9-23
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

LeafPeeper
Wasn't trying to lecture. was just trying to explain why there could be some issues with the Google version of the GO4 app and different Android devices. And wasn't advocating you change devices. And I agree, DJI needs to address  why there have been so many problems with the Android apps and devices.
2017-9-23
Use props
motopa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

Quick shots mode DOESN´T WORK by WIFI¡¡¡¡ please, check it. It´s a bug, I hope.

Regards
2017-9-23
Use props
motopa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/  

in this repository, is the 4.1.10 working (with quick shot, dynamic hp....)
2017-9-23
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Locoman Posted at 2017-9-23 13:04
LeafPeeper
Wasn't trying to lecture. was just trying to explain why there could be some issues with the Google version of the GO4 app and different Android devices. And wasn't advocating you change devices. And I agree, DJI needs to address  why there have been so many problems with the Android apps and devices.

Ok....peace then.   My apologies for snapping.   Unfortunately I seem to frequently find myself surrounded by Apple fanbois telling me how great Apple is.  Having owned 3 of them (two iphones and an ipad) and hating every one, I'm a little sensitive to being told that Apple does a better job.   I'm well aware of the Android fragmentation problem but unfortunately it's the only option if you want to avoid iOS.

LP
2017-9-23
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

updated today ...tomorow i will test
2017-9-23
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4