Precision Flight app
9075 29 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

Hey, I wanna start to plan a mission to capture images for the ground in my farm. They indicate also the Precision Flight app, anyone already heard about if is good, or used?

Thanks
2017-9-21
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

Drone Deploy seems to be the most popular for their results.  They are expensive as far as monthly fee, however they do offer a "free trial" whereby your first location of image processing is free.  If you're just thinking about stitching photos together just for your farm as a one time thing, it might be a good idea.
As for Percision Flight, most of the reviews are one and two stars which doesn't seem too encouraging, especially considering the use of damage related to using a 3rd party app violates the warranty.  I read one review that says his went "haywire" and hit a tree.  Hmm... maybe test it somewhere without trees first.
2017-9-21
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

Yes, I know the DroneDeploy, but I think that that the free trial is only to processing photos. The Precision Flight I have to train in a space without trees.
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You can also try the GS Pro.
2017-9-21
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

Thanks Susan.
2017-9-22
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

GS Pro, then grab the free trial for Agisoft Photoscan to process. If you want to purchase it, it's $179 for the standard version or for a student $59
2017-9-22
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

I don't know if that GS PRO has to Android?
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Tp find out more on the GS Pro, please check out the product page: http://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro
2017-9-23
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

I'm trying the Pix4D, but unfortanelly my drone is the P4A, and they not tested it yet. I'll try setting as Pro, I saw some support stuff in their site.
2017-9-23
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

Try MapPilot for the capture portion, they are my favourite.  If the terrain is more treacherous, they have a paid addon for terrain follow with the UAV.  As far as processing the imagery, online options have their limitations.  I use Photoscan to process my stuff, they give out trials of their software.  If you just want it done for you, I don't mind throwing it through my system.  Just upload all the imagery to dropbox and I'll have a crack at it.
2017-9-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

allyssongemelli Posted at 2017-9-23 06:19
I'm trying the Pix4D, but unfortanelly my drone is the P4A, and they not tested it yet. I'll try setting as Pro, I saw some support stuff in their site.

Aloha allyssongemelli,

For $25 (US) Litchi has many fans on this Forum.  I just bought it but do not have enough experience with it to make a recommendation.  Litchi allows you to set up a waypoints mission on your computer and sync it to your device.  As long as you are signed in, it will upload your mission and execute it.

One nice thing is, if you see it going for a tree (or other obstacle), you can flip your "Modes" switch and it will stop and hover until you fly it how you want it to go.  But, you will have to correct the mission if it was headed for an obstacle.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-24
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI GS Pro is fairly good, but it lacks some Pro functions, like RAW, which sometimes is very much needed for Pro work. Shooting artifacted JPG's and doing stiching, you loose important data. I've commented this to DJI, but so far I have not gotten a reply about this important missing function in GS Pro.

I would suggest the Drones Made Easy app with it's corresponding stiching service, Maps Made Easy. The app is free (RAW support cost extra, though), and you don't need to pay a monthly fee for the mapping service like you have to do with Drone Deploy and some other similar services.

With MMM a small area is free (not just for the first job), and if you map a larger area you buy points and use the points for paying. When you upload your images the service will notify you if there will be a fee (and if so, how much it will cost in points).

Both services are good. If you run a company and you know you will get XXX jobs/month, every month, I might suggest Drone Deploy. But if you will just test it, run a few jobs now and then, I would suggest to go with Maps Made Easy since you don't need to pay a montly fee, you just pay per job.

Agisofts and Pix4D have great software, but the more basic versions lacks quite many functions, so if you really want to use all functions you have to buy the expensive pro versions. Unless you have a steady customer base with a continuos stream of jobs, it might be hard to justify the purchase of such expensive software.

2017-9-24
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

Thanks Cetacean and Rob. Yesterday I capture the images from Pix4D and process in DroneDeploy. But I have to adjust the camera because they were not so good. A little blur, and color distortion. I'll check those softs that you guys talked about.
2017-9-24
Use props
GVDD Scout
New
United States

Have you looked at Drone Harmony? I have been using it for 7 months wiht my P4P and an android tablet. have dropped all other apps as this does everything for free.
2018-1-31
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

I didn't see yet. I'll take a look. Thanks
2018-3-16
Use props
iFly2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194370 ft

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-21 19:46
You can also try the GS Pro.

Yeah!
And how nice would that be if DJI finally, I mean FINALLY would make that app available for their premium brand CrystalSky monitors!
That "comming soon" pop-up when tapping on the mission planning option in DJI Pilot is even as frustrating.
COME ON and get your act together!
2018-10-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

iFly2 Posted at 2018-10-2 05:33
Yeah!
And how nice would that be if DJI finally, I mean FINALLY would make that app available for their premium brand CrystalSky monitors!
That "comming soon" pop-up when tapping on the mission planning option in DJI Pilot is even as frustrating.

There are several mapping apps available that work with ANdroid or Apple devices.
And they are better than GS pro so why worry about it?
2018-10-2
Use props
iFly2
lvl.2

Labroides Posted at 2018-10-2 06:10
There are several mapping apps available that work with ANdroid or Apple devices.
And they are better than GS pro so why worry about it?

Hi Labroides,

Please inform me what apps you use on your CS that work well for your mission flights

Regards,
2018-10-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

iFly2 Posted at 2018-10-4 03:09
Hi Labroides,

Please inform me what apps you use on your CS that work well for your mission flights

I use DroneDeploy but I don't have a Crystalsky monitor
2018-10-4
Use props
iFly2
lvl.2

Labroides Posted at 2018-10-4 03:36
I use DroneDeploy but I don't have a Crystalsky monitor

Hi,

And that just happend to be my point, isn't it?
DJI has a premium solution (and at a premium price for that matter) for the display: those nice and bright CrystalSky monitors.
So if you're in the market for a premium drone, a premium display and want to do professional mission planning, wouldn't it be evident that that premium setup by this one single provider would run their best mission planning app??

Regards,
2018-10-5
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I use precision flight app on many occasions its simple to use and great if you want high detail photographs of very large areas.
You can plan your flights save those flights and rerun them any time you like
2018-10-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

iFly2 Posted at 2018-10-5 12:21
Hi,

And that just happend to be my point, isn't it?

So because it costs more, it must do anything you want it to?
But if you are spending that much you could spend 5 minutes on Google to check what it actually does rather than assuming without research.
What you are paying for is the bright daylight screen - not fl;exibility.
It's been that way ever since they were released.
If it's not suitable for you, sell it and get something that is.

2018-10-5
Use props
Dex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814767 ft
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2018-10-5 13:17
So because it costs more, it must do anything you want it to?
But if you are spending that much you could spend 5 minutes on Google to check what it actually does rather than assuming without research.
What you are paying for is the bright daylight screen - not fl;exibility.

That's plain stupid.

It's not unreasonable to assume that DJI should supply the full suite of their software on their own proprietary monitors. iFly2 is simply stating DJI should hurry up and port he app across since they clearly already plan to (hence the "coming soon" message).

To answer your question yes. It is a realistic expectation that because the device cost so much that they should support it with their own software.

Get off your high horse and stop telling everyone what to expect.
2018-10-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Dex Posted at 2018-10-5 19:35
That's plain stupid.

It's not unreasonable to assume that DJI should supply the full suite of their software on their own proprietary monitors. iFly2 is simply stating DJI should hurry up and port he app across since they clearly already plan to (hence the "coming soon" message).

I was trying to inject a little realistic thought but it would seem that's not going to suit you.
Go on and assume that the tablet will do whatever it is you would like it to do.

It's not unreasonable to assume that DJI should supply the full suite of their software on their own proprietary monitors.

It's just plain ignorant to assume anything and expect the manufacturer to make a product do whatever you assume it should.

iFly2 is simply stating DJI should hurry up and port he app across since they clearly already plan to (hence the "coming soon" message).

What coming soon message?
All I can find says:
GS Pro is supported on all iPad Air, Air 2, Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, and Pro tablets (Android is currently not supported).

To answer your question yes. It is a realistic expectation that because the device cost so much that they should support it with their own software.
GS Pro came out almost two years ago and still is only available as an iOS app.
It's not available for any Android device, perhaps it never will.
But if you really want it, there are other products that work better anyway.
You can carry on like a two-year old or get realistic. - Your choice.
2018-10-5
Use props
Dex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814767 ft
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2018-10-5 21:30
I was trying to inject a little realistic thought but it would seem that's not going to suit you.
Go on and assume that the tablet will do whatever it is you would like it to do.

You weren't trying to inject realistic thought at all, you were having a go at the guy for simply wanting his device to do more.

I didn't assume that at all, in fact by asking more of the device I am, by definition, admitting it will not do the thing I am asking for it to be able to do.

It's just plain ignorant to assume anything and expect the manufacturer to make a product do whatever you assume it should.

Context in the quote is important. I didn't say "I assume the product will be on the device", I said "It's not unreasonable to assume that DJI should supply the full suite of their software on their own proprietary monitors." I'm assuming that people hold an expection of DJI to bring their software to their own devices, a fair expection as clearly both iFly2 and I, hold it.

What coming soon message?

iFly2 said: "That "comming soon" pop-up when tapping on the mission planning option in DJI Pilot is even as frustrating".

You can carry on like a two-year old or get realistic. - Your choice.

Something something high horse.

2018-10-5
Use props
PilotPete
lvl.2
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-9-22 13:44
GS Pro, then grab the free trial for Agisoft Photoscan to process. If you want to purchase it, it's $179 for the standard version or for a student $59

What can Agisoft Photoscan do? I assume stitch and edit photos, but anything else?

Capturing the photos seems to have a lot of good options, and I have Litchi, DroneDeploy, and GSPro all installed in addition to the Go 4 app. I am fascinated by DroneDeploy's 3D modeling capability and I wonder if that is something I can get elsewhere.
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

iFly2 Posted at 2018-10-2 05:33
Yeah!
That "comming soon" pop-up when tapping on the mission planning option in DJI Pilot is even as frustrating.

Sorry for the late response. We have not received any news for the Android GS Pro for now. If you need this urgently, please consider iPad version or other third-party Apps for now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-10-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

PilotPete Posted at 2018-10-6 05:38
What can Agisoft Photoscan do? I assume stitch and edit photos, but anything else?

Capturing the photos seems to have a lot of good options, and I have Litchi, DroneDeploy, and GSPro all installed in addition to the Go 4 app. I am fascinated by DroneDeploy's 3D modeling capability and I wonder if that is something I can get elsewhere.

It does a lot
If you haven't searched with Google already ....
http://www.agisoft.com/
2018-10-10
Use props
PilotPete
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-10-10 05:16
It does a lot
If you haven't searched with Google already ....
http://www.agisoft.com/

I finally got to take a look at Agisoft and Yes it does do a lot!

Even the beginner tutorial on generating a DEM was a little over my head. My level of understanding is that DJI photos have EXIF data and that means GPS information about the camera location is embedded in the photo. I need to get a background in the other terminology necessary for creating a 3-D model.

Anyone have a suggestion for a basic photogrammetry lesson I can take online?
2018-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules