DJI GO on a right-to-left phone... so many issues - see picture
1289 13 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

I hope this picture comes through, so you see what happens when I fly my Spark in Israel, with my Hebrew right-to-left phone...

1. Top menu - it's reversed. But that's not so terrible, all the info and buttons are visible and approachable.

as opposed to...

2. Look at that - the buttons that are supposed to be on the right are on the right... the ones that are supposed to be on the left are... also on the right! so they blur on top of each other, making access to some of them really difficult. Now that is a serious matter regarding flight experience, not to mention flight safety sometimes.

3. Camera control - shouldn't that be on the side? why is it in the middle of my picture?

4. That looks like a blank box. Wait a minute... isn't that where all my basic info should be? altitude, velocity, distance? I'm blind to my data when I fly.

LG G3, Andriod 6.0, DJI GO 4.1.8 (I doubt 4.1.9 will fix that, and anyway it's not available in my area yet)

DJI-GO-issues.jpg
2017-9-21
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Looks messy.....
2017-9-21
Use props
Jr 5542
lvl.3
United States

Those icons are all over the place.Maybe try rebooting the phone and the app and see if it helps.If not uninstall the app and re install.
2017-9-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

That wouldn't help, it's a bug with the way they treat right-to-left phones like mine. I can switch the phone language to English every time I fly, and back to Hebrew when I finish, but that's cumbersome, a serious dent in user experience. Shouldn't be a problem to fix if they paid attention to it.

(and by the way, even when I switch my phone to English I still don't see my altitude-velocity-distance data at the bottom)
2017-9-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

Another issue is with the DJI GO menus and other data outside the flight screen.
See the flight record for example.

It is aligned to the right... but that's just an eyesore.
However, look at the upper right-hand corner: the "close" button and the "sync" button are on top of each other. The "close" button is inaccessible.

2017-9-21
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

I wish I could help you...i understand you very well...The only thing you can do is to have a English phone dedicated for the drone...This I did noto my ocation... I could not see 5.8 ghz channels because the ^geniuses^ in dji Dev don't know that channels are different in the world, so I put a ton to my old HTC One m8 with Wi-Fi MOD and clean Android and I have no issues anymore....Generaly I have a dji phone....
2017-9-21
Use props
Pirikitto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183658 ft
United States

if I do not remember bad lg g3 has a resolution of 2k, did you try to change it in full hd? (if possible)
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers have been aware of this and will adjust the display soon.
2017-9-22
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-9-21 12:43
Another issue is with the DJI GO menus and other data outside the flight screen.
See the flight record for example.

You can fix this in Developer options, Force RTL layout off. It is the only option to fix this at the moment.
It is one more thing to do before fly to change it every time. It might bee fixed one day.
2017-9-22
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-22 01:37
Sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers have been aware of this and will adjust the display soon.

Thanks, I'll be looking forward to it. Good to know it's being noticed. This is probably an issue not only for Hebrew, but for all right-to-left languages e.g. Arabic as well.
2017-9-22
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

G_Sig Posted at 2017-9-22 02:01
You can fix this in Developer options, Force RTL layout off. It is the only option to fix this at the moment.
It is one more thing to do before fly to change it every time. It might bee fixed one day.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.
I believe that if it's something I have to do before every time I fly, it would be easier to simply switch my phone to English every time, and back to Hebrew when I'm done... So I have that option already. That's the kind of nuisance I hope to be able to avoid some day, it really shouldn't be that difficult for DJI to fix.
2017-9-22
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-9-22 15:33
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.
I believe that if it's something I have to do before every time I fly, it would be easier to simply switch my phone to English every time, and back to Hebrew when I'm done... So I have that option already. That's the kind of nuisance I hope to be able to avoid some day, it really shouldn't be that difficult for DJI to fix.

This is also bad for left handed people which want to use the FTR command.
You are not the first and and won't bee the last to run in to this.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-9-22 15:26
Thanks, I'll be looking forward to it. Good to know it's being noticed. This is probably an issue not only for Hebrew, but for all right-to-left languages e.g. Arabic as well.

Well received, thanks for your reminder.
2017-9-27
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

Thank you for the attention paid to it.
Can you please also address issue #4 in the picture? my basic flight data (altitude, distance, velocity) doesn't appear at the bottom of the screen. After checking, this seems unrelated to the right-to-left issue - it happens after I switch my phone to English as well.

Thanks.
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules