1118 7 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pr777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99692 ft
United Kingdom

New to Drones
Was nt sure about drones so went entry level with a quality company (DJI)  loving the Spark (Flymore combo) getting the hang of it and learning stuff all the time .
Would love to have that bit of extra manipulation for image files dng /raw but dont think will come with this version of spark ?! Do you hang tight and hope for new firmware update that supports this in Spark .Or wait for new Spark .......2      I do like the inconspicous nature of smaller drone drawing less attention to it with the addded convenience of portability and charge on the go an added bonus . Suppose Mavic Platinum is the one or Mavic Pro with newly designed  quieter props .....but still alot of money if go down 2 drone route .
Spark with firmware for raw support best for me ! Maybe the camera sensor on Spark not good enough to support a good quality raw image file (my knowledge on software image file manipulation non existent !)
2017-9-21
Use props
Pez942
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166512 ft
United Kingdom

If I am right in thinking the spark and the mavic pretty much share the same camera. So the spark not supporting RAW is purely down to DJI not including RAW in the software which could be rectified with a firmware update. Whether DJI want to do this or not is another matter. You can still get stunning photos from the spark though without the need for RAW format.
2017-9-21
Use props
pr777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99692 ft
United Kingdom

Pez942 Posted at 2017-9-21 12:05
If I am right in thinking the spark and the mavic pretty much share the same camera. So the spark not supporting RAW is purely down to DJI not including RAW in the software which could be rectified with a firmware update. Whether DJI want to do this or not is another matter. You can still get stunning photos from the spark though without the need for RAW format.

Yes very true but sometimes can get more detail especially with sky's clouds when there is a big variation in light in a shot . I know this does nt apply to alot of pics but be nice to able to tinker with image something raw files adds that bit extra .......
2017-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It sure gives some headroom for post processing
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for sharing with us your experience. The request will be forwarded to our engineers for review. Hopefully more new features will be added in the next generation.
2017-9-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-22 01:11
Thanks for sharing with us your experience. The request will be forwarded to our engineers for review. Hopefully more new features will be added in the next generation.

Are you referring to a new Spark generation?
*now I get excited*
2017-9-22
Use props
Ratters
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27051 ft
United Kingdom

Exactly the same as you mate,

Never flown before, bought my son a cheep drone for christmas and I got hooked.

I was going to go for the Mavic but couldnt get the cost past the wife!

The Spark is ideal. small enough to look like a toy but powerful enough to get some good shots.

Im still learning like you but it is so easy to fly! except when i stuffed it into a tree in Thetford Forrest!

The range problems people are having i personally haven't experienced, Ive flown over 200m out and 120m high which is more than enough for me.

The image quality is not a problem for me at the moment, but may be in the future.

All in all very happy  
2017-9-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ratters Posted at 2017-9-22 01:58
Exactly the same as you mate,

Never flown before, bought my son a cheep drone for christmas and I got hooked.

Good to hear!
Maybe I will buy my son one someday
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules