Inspire 2 the right choice?
633 6 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bricksoutwest
lvl.1

United States

Hi,
we have been playing around with small UAV for a while and are looking to take it to the next level. We are going to start a Biz, at the beginning focussing on Real Estate Images and then grow from there.
Like eveyone else we have read alot on diffrent Makes/Models and have it almost pinned down to the Inspire 2 with X4s, once avaliable the CrystalSky.
Main reason for the choice would be, newest plattform = new upgrades will be avalible over time, X5s with the interchangeable Lenses avaliable when we gro to that level.
Reading about the bad Firmware Update has me a bit worried, heck spending 4K on a Drone and hope I don't get a bad one doen't sound really great. Also seeing a couple post of uncontrollable crashes, haven't figured out if this is caused by the new FW update or something else.

Hope to get some input from you. Is the Inspire 2 the right choice? Anything to concider when picking up the the drone, Manufacture Date or? Or should I backtrack to the Inspire 1 or something completly diffrent.

Thanks

Mike

2017-9-21
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

The Inspire 2 is a fine choice. However, you also need to evaluate your needs to see how it fits for you. Personally, if I am having a business with drones, I may want to have to consider two so at least you have a backup. As far as a firmware issue, most crashes are done because  of pilot error. An older model such as an Inspire 1 is a good choice as well.
2017-9-21
Use props
Bricksoutwest
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for your input. I agree with the backup drone, just want to get into the right one from start and then build from there.
The Firmware issue is still one I am not sure about.
2017-9-21
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I am also weighing up moving to I2. However, for such an expensive drone, I cannot accept the fact that DJI do not opt to deal with technical issues more transparently and taking the lead to resolve issues. For doing real estate shoot, DJI I1 or !2 is probably an overkill. If you really admire and desire on the technology they are promoting then their inability to deal with issues in a positive way is also one major factor for supporting them or not.
2017-9-21
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Inspire 2 and have not had any issues whatever with it.
But, I strongly reccomend you deal with a reputable dealer. Especially when spending this kind of money, you want service and support behind the sale.
This is a bit of a long story, when my I2 arrived, it was a dud. It would not completely start up. Tried all that I could do to fix it, (fw update, imu calib, etc, etc.)
So I called the dealer I bough it from. He sent me another one immediately. Tracking number sent an hour after hanging up the phone.
Did NOT tell me to call DJI, Did NOT make me wait for bad one to be returned.
He sent me a second one right away. In fact the return label for the bad one arrived the same day as the replacement. I haven't had any troubles at all with it.
I did replace the props with the Heliengadin folding carbon fiber ones as there is a design issue with the stock props.
Is it unheard of for a manufacturer to make a dud. No. Absolutely not. What matters is what happens after the fact. That's where the dealer comes in.
I bought a Phantom 4 Pro from a seller on ebay once which arrived damaged. Seller told me to deal with DJI. DJI told me to return it to the 3rd party dealer I got it from. I did return it, but had to open a case with ebay and PayPal to make this dolt accept it back and give me a refund.
There is one dealer I trust. Florida Drone Supply.
(No, I am not connected with them, I have simply experienced their good old fashioned service.)
Would I do it again? Absolutley. The I2 is awesome.
I have had P3S, P3P, P4P+, Inspire1 and now Inspire 2. Also have a spark for risky missions, which amazes me. It has surpassed my expectations.
2017-9-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Inspire 1 isn't too bad, and may be more durable too as far as the feet and mounts are concerned.

I had hopes the I2 and the X5S camera would have a handheld Osmo available soon, but that seems remote now the way they built the cinema processor into the bird which will require another costly license if they ever did come out with an Osmo for it.  Doing it that way would make the I2 Osmo very expensive too over the I1.  Thermal camera is available for the I1 as well and nothing for the I2.  I2 may have more gear limitations as a negative.  Price would be a plus on the I1.

I got mine out of Best Buy as they have a 14 day return/exchange policy.  Plus, you get Rewards points for buying it from them with their card which amount to almost $300 cash.  I've had to return two P4's to them for defects (sensor misalignment) and it was an easy process.  Third was a charm, or at least a tolerable one.

Your money and your call.

2017-9-21
Use props
Bricksoutwest
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for all your input. I do believe we will be going with the I2. Started dropping a few hints about our future venture and just positive responses.
Looking forward to step up to the plate and call I2 my bird.
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules