Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go recognizes Phantom 3 Standard as Inspire 1
1550 11 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eu1e
lvl.1

Russia

Hello there.

As the title says, for some reason DJI Go app recognizes my P3 Standard as Inspire 1.

The "camera" button turns blue only when I swipe to "Inspire" section of available models. When I swipe to P3 Standard the button says "How to connect" and does not connect the app to the drone. When I click blue button "Camera" available on "Inspire", the app goes into "Camera view", but nothing works there.

I've tried different phones:
Samsung Galaxy S8 (Android 7.0)
Samsung Galaxy A5 (Android 7.0)
Nexus 5x (Android 8.0)

At the same time the app works just fine on the tablet Nexus 10 (Android 5.1.1). Through it, I have updated the firmware of the drone to the latest version, but that didn't help to solve the issue with the phones.

I tried to google, but the only solution I came upon was formatting the SD card, and that didn't help either.

So, any tips, what else I can try?
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

What's the app version? Have you tried to uninstall the APP?
2017-9-21
Use props
rarevfx_officia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

have the same. Will work but i have now 2 Drones. One inspire and 1 P3S with differnt logs. Didn't bother me
2017-9-22
Use props
rarevfx_officia
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-21 19:00
What's the app version? Have you tried to uninstall the APP?

Uninstalling doesn't change anything. Its hard burned into the flight logs that its a Inspire.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Try power cycling everything, turn on and off allowing time to cool off.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

rarevfx_officia Posted at 2017-9-22 00:45
have the same. Will work but i have now 2 Drones. One inspire and 1 P3S with differnt logs. Didn't bother me

Are you using the same account by that I mean do you log into a different email address for different logs.
2017-9-25
Use props
rarevfx_officia
Second Officer
Germany

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-25 07:47
Are you using the same account by that I mean do you log into a different email address for different logs.

No. Same account since the purchase.
Don't have the issue with the Drone "How to connect" issue which the OP describes, but my P3S shows in the app as "Name your drone" (which has been done) and as "Inspire 1".
Don't know why, doesn't bother me that much.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

rarevfx_officia Posted at 2017-9-25 21:25
No. Same account since the purchase.
Don't have the issue with the Drone "How to connect" issue which the OP describes, but my P3S shows in the app as "Name your drone" (which has been done) and as "Inspire 1".
Don't know why, doesn't bother me that much.

Please double check your USB cable as well to make sure you are getting a strong connection with USB cable to the mobile device and the remote. Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing?
2017-9-26
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Op reports having a P3 Standard, so connection is only through wifi.  I have seen several reports of certain devices and Android 7.0 having issues.  I don't know if that's relevant here or not.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rarevfx_officia Posted at 2017-9-22 00:46
Uninstalling doesn't change anything. Its hard burned into the flight logs that its a Inspire.

How about switching to IOS devices? Could you get the live video after entering the Camera? Please upload a short video, I'd like to look into it.
2017-9-27
Use props
rarevfx_officia
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-27 01:09
How about switching to IOS devices? Could you get the live video after entering the Camera? Please upload a short video, I'd like to look into it.

Will do one later.
I can enter the camera and live view over the normal Button. The app simply changed my drones name and saw it as a "new" one, calling it an Inspire.
The logs and stuff are still there, but they are splitted. Means if i want to fly my P3S, it will record the logs as "choose a name for your Inspire"-Drone.

In the picture you can see DJI GO with 2 available drones. One "RAREVFX" and one "choose a name for your Inspire"

When i purchased my drone, i gave it the name "RAREVFX". Few months later it automatically called my Drone "choose a name for your inspire". I realized after checking the logs that the new logs weren't recorded for my Drone called "RAREVFX", but the new logs were recorded for the Drone "choose a name for your inspire".
Means, i have 1 physical drone (my P3S), but DJI makes 2 virtual drones out of the 1 physical. The "RAREVFX" drone doesn't record logs anymore, but the "choose a name for your inspire" does.

I uploaded the logs to "AIRDATA". "AIRDATA" also lists 2 Drones for the only one P3S. One is called "RAREVFX", the other "Inspire".

2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rarevfx_officia Posted at 2017-9-27 22:31
Will do one later.
I can enter the camera and live view over the normal Button. The app simply changed my drones name and saw it as a "new" one, calling it an Inspire.
The logs and stuff are still there, but they are splitted. Means if i want to fly my P3S, it will record the logs as "choose a name for your Inspire"-Drone.

It might be recognized as the wrong drone. Another recommended mobile will be helpful to verify. Please keep us posted.
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules