Ronin M Axis Stability Issue When Changing Frame Rate
951 4 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
notmiketate
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys first post hopefully someone can help me out.

Had the Ronin M for months now and realized I have a big issue with mine. When Im shooting with my Sony A7s I get it perfectly balanced with like a stiffness of 70 or so on pan axis, auto tuned correctly and all of that. As soon as I switch my settings over to 120 FPS (frames per second) the rig needs to be recalibrated. After Auto tuning stability my pan and tilt are calibrated at an essentially unusable 12. What could possibly be causing this?

I have a zoom lens and when I go from 24 to 70mm the rig can still handle the weight, but if I switch from 24 fps shooting to 120 fps shooting I get shaky almost unusable footage at 120fps with like a 12 stiffness.

Very frusterating when my friend with a gh5 goes from 24 to 120 fps with no issue just continues shooting

Also I've tried setting it up on the stand beforehand and putting it in 120fps and its perfectly balanced and I still cant make the pan axis stiffness above 20 or so
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Is this possibly a software issue? Have you reviewed this section on page 17: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/r ... 0Manual_v1.6_en.pdf
2017-9-22
Use props
notmiketate
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-22 08:08
Is this possibly a software issue? Have you reviewed this section on page 17: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ronin_m/en/Ronin_M_User%20Manual_v1.6_en.pdf

What should I be looking at on page 17? I know how the motor controls and stability works just don't understand why changing the frame rate would cause this issue? If it's a software issue should I download the latest firmware or has there not been any updates in the last 6 months or so?
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

notmiketate Posted at 2017-9-22 12:30
What should I be looking at on page 17? I know how the motor controls and stability works just don't understand why changing the frame rate would cause this issue? If it's a software issue should I download the latest firmware or has there not been any updates in the last 6 months or so?

The latest firmware is from July 12. If your firmware is not up to date, please complete that.
2017-9-22
Use props
djiuser_xkMCwueUFUzS
New

Greece

did you find any solution? i have the same problem
2018-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules