View 2
2017-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Oops one thing I can tell you for certain the environment you were flying is totally unsuitable, chances of you picking up god magnetic interference are pretty high from your first vid it almost looks like you took off from the bonnet of the car or at least very close to cars.
2017-9-21
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When I first bought a drone, I couldn't wait to get it in the air.  I took it straight to a field at night and sent it up and lost GPS and it drifted away in the dark, I had no idea how to control the drift.  I was lucky, GPS came back.  I hadn't set up my drone settings in the app, I hadn't even calibrated after taking it out of the box brand new.  Could it be that you did something similar?  It looks a terrible place and time to fly.
2017-9-21
Use props
Jr 5542
lvl.3
United States

It looks like  you picked up the magnetic interference and compass error from the cars that are parked where you took off from.
2017-9-21
Use props
Jytspark2
lvl.1

Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-21 14:35
Oops one thing I can tell you for certain the environment you were flying is totally unsuitable, chances of you picking up god magnetic interference are pretty high from your first vid it almost looks like you took off from the bonnet of the car or at least very close to cars.

No, not at all. I was never close the cars. I flew the drone over there at least a dozen times and never had a single issue until the firmware update. That final flight was the day after the drone, batteries and remote were updated.

Drone  was hovering at low altitude before it flew away. Manual flight or RTH was not working, Spark was not responding at all.
2017-9-21
Use props
Jytspark2
lvl.1

Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-21 14:35

No, not at all. I flew the drone over there at least a dozen times and never had a single issue until the firmware update. That final flight was the day after the drone, batteries and remote were updated.

Drone  was hovering at low altitude before it flew away. Manual flight or RTH was not working, Spark was not responding at all.
2017-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jytspark2 Posted at 2017-9-21 14:50
No, not at all. I was never close the cars. I flew the drone over there at least a dozen times and never had a single issue until the firmware update. That final flight was the day after the drone, batteries and remote were updated.

RTH can’t work with no gps your Aircraft was in Atti mode when it crashed and had compass problems, I can’t really comment any more because you need to put up your flight log.
2017-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jytspark2 Posted at 2017-9-21 14:50
No, not at all. I flew the drone over there at least a dozen times and never had a single issue until the firmware update. That final flight was the day after the drone, batteries and remote were updated.

That flight has nothing to do with firmware upgrade.
2017-9-21
Use props
Jytspark2
lvl.1

Canada

Jr 5542 Posted at 2017-9-21 14:48
It looks like  you picked up the magnetic interference and compass error from the cars that are parked where you took off from.

It’s the Dji app that is using a Google map picture and not a live one.
2017-9-21
Use props
Jytspark2
lvl.1

Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-21 14:55
That flight has nothing to do with firmware upgrade.

After more than 100 flights with the Spark, it is not the type of behavior that I’m used to from a drone.
2017-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jytspark2 Posted at 2017-9-21 15:13
After more than 100 flights with the Spark, it is not the type of behavior that I’m used to from a drone.

Think you should put up your log, might stop he said she said

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-9-21
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jytspark2 Posted at 2017-9-21 15:13

The log will help the community to evaluate and comment on this flight.  We my learn a gteat deal from your ecperience, and you may learn some things from our evaluation (should you be intetested).
2017-9-21
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

First you took off from a parking lot that is prone to bad reception and very very low light.  In my opinion you were just asking for trouble when that kind of environment is present.
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for your loss, have you contacted the Support? Sync the flight records, then provide your DJI account email and the cached video to the Support, they'll start a case for you. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-21
Use props
Gr3g
lvl.3
United States

Why can't there be a logic in the code that tells the drone to stay put and hover when GPS signal is compromised?
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules