Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A quick question on DJI GO 4
1286 9 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bluesky2017
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1004560 ft
United States

When the app starts, the display always turns sideway.
It make sure for mobile phones. But for tablets, is it possible not to do so?

Thanks!
2017-9-21
Use props
bluesky2017
lvl.3
United States

Typo... I meant "It makes sense for mobile phones."
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

bluesky2017 Posted at 2017-9-21 14:47
Typo... I meant "It makes sense for mobile phones."

What type of tablet are you using? Is there a display lock that is not on causing it go sideways?
2017-9-21
Use props
bluesky2017
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-21 14:53
What type of tablet are you using? Is there a display lock that is not on causing it go sideways?

I have a 2017 Amazon Fire HD 8.  It can only fit with the RC via its portrait orientation. So I am just curious if the app can stay without rotating to landscape.  The tablet has a toggle to disable auto-rotation.  DJI GO 4 app basically ignores that.  It seems that I will have to get an external holder if I want to run the app on the tablet to control the Spark.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

bluesky2017 Posted at 2017-9-22 16:39
I have a 2017 Amazon Fire HD 8.  It can only fit with the RC via its portrait orientation. So I am just curious if the app can stay without rotating to landscape.  The tablet has a toggle to disable auto-rotation.  DJI GO 4 app basically ignores that.  It seems that I will have to get an external holder if I want to run the app on the tablet to control the Spark.

Unfortunately, that is not considered a compatible device for the  app. If you have a tablet that is among the list, you may want to switch.
2017-9-23
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does it have a rotation lock in the Fire's settings?
2017-9-23
Use props
bluesky2017
lvl.3
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-9-23 06:41
Does it have a rotation lock in the Fire's settings?

Yes. There's a toggle for auto-rotation. But DJI GO 4 just ignores it.
I'm pretty sure that the app hard-codes display orientations.  On my iPhone, the startup screen is always portrait; "Enter Device" or "Start Flight" always flips to landscape, regardless how you rotate the device. Viewing a flight record is also locked on portrait mode.

On the Fire device, the app puts everything in landscape display.
2017-9-23
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

bluesky2017 Posted at 2017-9-23 08:41
Yes. There's a toggle for auto-rotation. But DJI GO 4 just ignores it.
I'm pretty sure that the app hard-codes display orientations.  On my iPhone, the startup screen is always portrait; "Enter Device" or "Start Flight" always flips to landscape, regardless how you rotate the device. Viewing a flight record is also locked on portrait mode.

Sorry, can't help in that case. Maybe one of the DJI folks will jump in.
2017-9-23
Use props
Mark S
First Officer
Flight distance : 41801 ft
United States

You can spend a little more on a bracket.

https://www.amazon.com/SKYREAT-Accessories-Aluminum-Alloy-Foldable-Controller/dp/B01N7RFDBA/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1506193728&sr=1-3&keywords=skyreat+dji+mavic+pro
It says it is for a Mavic on Amazon but it works great with my Spark controller.  The clamp part for the tablet will rotate 360 degrees and it is essentially a spring loaded grip.  You can grip the tablet on the width but rotate it so it is in landscape view.  It will hold a tablet in just about any type of case or no case.

The bracket breaks down and will pack fairly flat.  It has a cool design where the arm that holds spring clamp is actuly in two parts and the left and right halves fold flat.  When they come together it forms a ball for the "ball and socket" piviot joint.

I looked at several types/brands and this one was less expensive and packed much smaller based on how it all folded.  Because the spring clamp for the tablet is not mounted in the center of the clamp you can spin it so more of the tablet is toward you and less over the controller antennas.  The ball joint also lets you position the tablet so the controller is not under the tablet.

Bracket

Bracket
2017-9-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I have the same tablet holder and it is really great! Rock solid and compact when folded. And much cheaper than other aluminium holders out there.
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules