Compass Not Calibrating
475 3 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wildtribe
lvl.1
Chile

Hi Everyone

Not sure if anyone has this problem as well. But everytime I go to calibrate the compass it says failed. Too Much Interference.
Everytime it does that i move away from the area I am to the point where there is not technology or telephone lines or houses and it still happens.
What else can i do to fix this?

2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, is there any impact damage on the drone before? If no, please try to shut down the drone for about 15 minutes, then calibrate the compass once you power on the drone, please note that keep away from the concrete, besides, check if the drone's firmware needs an update.
2017-9-21
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Take your pants off. Could be your belt buckle.
You should actually check if you have anything metallic on your hands/wrist. There has been known cases of watches such as the Apple watch causing compass calibration failures.
Maybe post up the sensor page in the DJI GO 4 app and check if there is any errors.

And keep the Quad high up when doing the calibration. I raise mine above my head to do the dance.
Once you have a good compass snapshot, then there is no need to do another dance unless the app tells you to.

2017-9-21
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Just in case it is not obvious, make sure the arms are all extended. You can get interference if the arms are folded.
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules