Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC Connection Lost
1380 7 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rarevfx_officia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

Flew with my Spark yesterday. I started from the bottom Left house on the picture, flew straight up over a hill.
After it flew across the hill the complete connection was gone. Had no image and no rc connection.

I walked over the hill, over the street and found my spark hovering with 35% left (searched a while for it) 1m above the ground.
The track on the map was flown after i found it. The blue battery indicated the location where the spark was hovering.

Now my question: Why did it lost the RC connection right after aprox 70m and why did the flight record start after i found it?? Theres no other flight record from that day, so the drone doesn't even start the log with takeoff.
Screenshot_20170922_105359.png
2017-9-22
Use props
moh_rafiudeen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

im also wondering why it didnt return to home on disconnecting. did you change the setting to hover in place when connection is lost?
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Any error message from the app? Did your drone crash? What about GPS signal? Please export the flight data for us to analyze the problem. Thanks for sharing.
2017-9-22
Use props
rarevfx_officia
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-22 02:23
Any error message from the app? Did your drone crash? What about GPS signal? Please export the flight data for us to analyze the problem. Thanks for sharing.

No warnings. The GPS was above 10 Satellites. Drone didn't crash but lost signal and hovered in place. Didn't tigger rth.
The drone started to RTH when i got back my signal after finding it.

Theres not much to see on the flight log since it only recorded the flight log after i found my drone hovering.

Heres how it goes:
1. Started the drone here: 48.507958, 10.123523
2. After that, i flew in sport mode to the following point:         48.509037,10.124310
3. Lost connection of WiFi and RC
4. Searched for the drone because i couldn't see or hear it and it was behind a huge embankment and across the street.
5. Tried to get the signal back - no success
6. Climbed the embankment up through bushes.
7. Crossed the street
8. Signal came back, couldn't see the drone
9. Found the drone hovering at 1m above the ground with 35% left.
10. After the signal came back it started with RTH and recorded the flight log. The position where the spark was hovering is stated as the takeoff position at         48.509037,10.124310

So theres no way to find out what went wrong since the flight log was recorded after i found it.

Since it looks like it simply lost it signal, i know its my fault, but the main question that appears to me is: Why doesn't the drone trigger an RTH by itself?
2017-9-22
Use props
rarevfx_officia
lvl.4
Germany

This is a list of the notifications.
I made a small test flight right after i found the spark, thats why i stopped the rth. Theres no real disconnect to see or something similar, just because it didnt record flight log.
Screenshot_20170922_131153.png
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

rarevfx_officia Posted at 2017-9-22 03:13
This is a list of the notifications.
I made a small test flight right after i found the spark, thats why i stopped the rth. Theres no real disconnect to see or something similar, just because it didnt record flight log.

Thanks for the update. Did your flight record saved in the app? Please provide simplify flight data to us. You can follow the video and export the data menstioned in the third part of the video.
2017-9-22
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

Did you have line of sight when you flew over the hill and when it disconnected? Where you facing in the right direction with the antenas properly oriented?
2017-9-22
Use props
rarevfx_officia
lvl.4
Germany

PascalG Posted at 2017-9-22 06:19
Did you have line of sight when you flew over the hill and when it disconnected? Where you facing in the right direction with the antenas properly oriented?

Yeah was line of sight, but had googles on with my smartphone clipped inside. Maybe this was one of the interruption sources.
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules